• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

vareon

Scratch that, getting the best subs for Agito is proving to be taxing.

I guess I'll just go with Cruel Angel Productions subs, are those alright? Anyone here watch them?

Yes, those are actually proper subs. It was Kuuga that I couldn't find any proper subs lol. I remember only finding Portuguese subs for Kuuga.

vareon

yep. The whole stab someone with a pile of arrows is hella dumb though.

And must they take the entire show to explain why Protag's body is allergic to gold or what not?

I thought Ryuga was saying, that maybe Aguri needs to think out of the box...nope he literally stabbed things with a pile of arrows lol.

It's pretty awesome so far, with them actively hunting the Magic Horrors. I hope they touched the mysteries about Ryuga's not-so-gold armor and why Zaruba didn't want to talk to him.

So, Ultraman Ginga should be premiering in Japan within the next few hours, if it hasn't already (I don't know what time it airs, really).

I wonder how well it'll go over. It's a little weird that they're splitting up the segments into Part 1 and Part 2, but a little variation in broadcasting isn't bad every now and then.

WillyFive

I saw a trailer for it the other day, and wondered where'd I'd find subs for it. Its hard to stay with them and enjoy it without them; same with Giant Saver (which is pretty competitive with Sentai in terms of fights and special effects).

I saw a trailer for it the other day, and wondered where'd I'd find subs for it. Its hard to stay with them and enjoy it without them; same with Giant Saver (which is pretty competitive with Sentai in terms of fights and special effects).

Good point. I can't blame people for not subbing Ultra stuff right away, though - the series is a bit sporadic. I can only hope that the first few episodes are interesting and easy enough to follow that people get interested in it.

I completely forgot about Giant Saver, actually. It's interesting to see that it's not that far off from Sentai stuff, and I wish I had checked it out from the start.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I really enjoyed the way the last episode of Kyoryuger was shot. Wonder who directed it.

I even enjoyed the mech fight and I never do that.

iBtosxPnFYSsP.gif

iCeL8zUlpHSe4.gif

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Agito is kind of underwhelming so far.

I like how stoic and "in a trance" is when Shouichi fights, but I don't find any of the characters interesting yet.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So Toei just trademarked "Rider Musou".

EDIT: Possibly not as cool as one would hope:

"(540) [trademark] rider Warriors [standard] character [the designated goods or designated services as well as the class of goods and services] (511)  28th class amusement park machinery and equipment, pet animal toy, toy, doll, Go tool, the lead song, play cards chess tool, dice, backgammon, dice cup, diamond game, chess equipment, checker tool, magic tool, Domino equipment, playing cards, playing cards, mahjong tools, trading card game card, other , play equipment for pachinko equipment, slot machines, pachinko slot machine formula, and other articles for billiards, exercise equipment, insect collecting equipment"

Zynx

I'm liking the new Garo a lot as well. Especially since I've totally given up on ever getting a new Kamen Rider as amazing as Blade.

yep. The whole stab someone with a pile of arrows is hella dumb though.

And must they take the entire show to explain why Protag's body is allergic to gold or what not?

Disagree. Try bundling a bunch of sticks/pencils/whatever into a cylinder the way he did. It's actually pretty sturdy. (And a Chinese proverb!) And presumably they were Makai arrows or whatever and stronger because of that, too.

Yeah, I do hope they get around to explaining more about the things that have been hinted at. Like, why is Garo the only one who is slaying the Madou Horrors?

I'm liking the new Garo a lot as well. Especially since I've totally given up on ever getting a new Kamen Rider as amazing as Blade.

Disagree. Try bundling a bunch of sticks/pencils/whatever into a cylinder the way he did. It's actually pretty sturdy. (And a Chinese proverb!) And presumably they were Makai arrows or whatever and stronger because of that, too.

Yeah, I do hope they get around to explaining more about the things that have been hinted at. Like, why is Garo the only one who is slaying the Madou Horrors?

They haven't even begun to explain this. The others are strong as well but Ryuuga is dealing the killing blow why?

Going back to why the gold shine hurts Ryuuga who knows. What we know is that as Garo his power is diminished because he isn't gold all over as he should be. There a power he missing and he's lacking something.

know the proverb, but still dumb. Heck he didn't even do anything, he just threw the arrows at garo.

WillyFive

Checked out the premiere of Ultraman Ginga.

Drama was a bit silly and OOO-ish, I like Ultraman's suit (better than previous Ultraman suits IMO), and the music was kinda nice.

iBlwWCiEjUTZ7.gif

Checked out the premiere of Ultraman Ginga.

Drama was a bit silly and OOO-ish, I like Ultraman's suit (better than previous Ultraman suits IMO), and the music was kinda nice.

Something about the fact that they're using actual toys as the stand-ins for the monsters and Ultras seems a bit cheap to me. I didn't think they'd be so blatant about it. And the bad guy's 'lair' reminds me of General Pain's little workshop, haha.

The production values are quite nice - almost on the same level as the Zero movies. Seems like they're trying to make the grappling and quick strikes look more dynamic by using closer angles and by avoiding the usual 'catch' segment. Ginga himself is all right by me - it's the rest of the show that's iffy, mainly because of the whole drama aspect that you mentioned (and the lead makes the weirdest faces.) Still, the first episode seems like a solid start overall.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I think the guy who directed go-Busters returns directed this episode of Kyoryuger

iGs8SvwWSmPF0.gif

iKUI55CzfXVs9.gif

The thing I don't like about this show is how it's half over

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I was really surprised to see the Space Mecha. Reminded me of my the old 80's Toku I was used to watch in the 90's.

I also loved the Bad-Guys team having a rollcall.

Kyoryuger keeps surprising me in the best ways possible.

For some reason the Meteor monster's voice amuses the hell out of me.

It's Franky from One Piece!!

Anywho Kyoryu Violet aka Shigeru Chiba is so awesome. I thought I loved the guy when doing his VA shtick but him in live action so awesome. I loved how everyone spazzed when he did the voice of their gear. I dare say they all had a fanboy moment.

WillyFive

So not only did they make the show's announcer a character in the show, they made him a Ranger. #vamola

And the space mecha was absolutely awesome. I got huge Megaranger vibes from the space base and the mecha sequence.

WillyFive

ibdc7Yg1NQDtIq.gif

That is pure old-school Toku, no CGI anywhere. I wish we had an Akibaranger S3 with a space-themed episode so that they can show us how in the world they did that space background.

Also, I notice all the music in this episode, looks like we are now heading into the second OST for the show (each show has like 4).

http://i.minus.com/ibdc7Yg1NQDtIq.gif[IMG]

That is pure old-school Toku, no CGI anywhere. I wish we had an Akibaranger S3 with a space-themed episode so that they can show us how in the world they did that space background.

Also, I notice all the music in this episode, looks like we are now heading into the second OST for the show (each show has like 4).[/QUOTE]

Well, third is where you get the second set of BGM after the first OST. Traditionally, the first OST would give you the BGM before the sixth shows up but because Gold showed up so early he was in the first OST. The second OST are the vocal songs up to that point. Third is sixth BGM and a few new things with the movie's soundtrack.

Then 4th and 5th are one set which is just the rest of the music for the final robot, instrumental versions of the songs variations on older tunes and stuff, that sorta thing.

That was really more for everyone else to be educated than you, Willy. :P

WillyFive

Well, third is where you get the second set of BGM after the first OST. Traditionally, the first OST would give you the BGM before the sixth shows up but because Gold showed up so early he was in the first OST. The second OST are the vocal songs up to that point. Third is sixth BGM and a few new things with the movie's soundtrack.

Then 4th and 5th are one set which is just the rest of the music for the final robot, instrumental versions of the songs variations on older tunes and stuff, that sorta thing.

That was really more for everyone else to be educated than you, Willy. :p

Nice!

i really love the 1 space set Toei always uses. The earth model looks adorably terrible.

Makes me wanna rewatch PR in Space.

It was so good. I still remember when they meet red and he dissed them for being planetary ranger.

The mecha fights & transformations were so cool because of the space backdrop.

Top Bottom