• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

Good, I love finding out that the Rider enjoyed their role like with him and Shotarou. It makes me sad to learn Kuuga apparently despises the show or something.

Did anyone ever get around to confirming that? After all that info from 2012 about how Joe Odagiri (Godai's actor) is still on good terms with the staff from Kuuga, and how he just wants to distance himself from the role, I thought that rumor about him hating the show would have been quashed by now.

Slayven

because when he shows up, shit gets real.

I like in the Fourze and Wizard thing. He shows up and just goes "I got fresh underwear and wigs that need splitting. Today is a good day."

But yeah Rider shows have that weird lull before they rush to do an ending.

WillyFive

Watching Ultimatum. The Fourze part is really boring.

Why is this so boring!? It's Fourze! :(

You = Saboru

imgyrqBsBzHgr.gif

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Shaky cam during the chase scenes were so so bad. I know Sakomoto likes trying to emulate Jackie Chan as much as possible, and it was pretty obvious he tried that with the chase scenes. But those scenes didn't have shaky cam shit so I don't know why Sakamoto thinks adding it looks good.

hmmm to get legacy megazord or not...

btw: any opinions on chogokin figures? Seems a bit pricy, but the articulation and build quality seems pretty great based off yt videos.

also hows the disney one? For $150 i hope its pretty great.

what is the production cycle like for Toei toku stuff? Is it feasible to make decent quality episodes this late?

oooh please make it super badly cut together. Would be fun. Cut together mook fight footage from old episodes and grab some random monster of the week suit from some other show that clearly doesn't look like it belongs with some mmpr2 cuts.

went to toys r us looking for pacific rim stuff (probably the saddest store i've been to. no register lights were on, had to call someone over.)

Got this instead.

2915.c5622e928f2a5c5b53a7d5c002e8af74.jpg

was hesitant at $60, but really liked the diecast work on it. Pick one up soon because i feel like they gonna be worth a bit in a few years.

Sadly, it's one of my most hated genres: Turn Based, Grid based Strategery.

Have you ever played the real time tactics super hero game Freedom Force? Or the Marvel ARPGs? (X-Men Legends, Marvel Ultimate Alliance) A super sentai version of those would be one of my dream games.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Have you ever played the real time tactics super hero game Freedom Force? Or the Marvel ARPGs? (X-Men Legends, Marvel Ultimate Alliance) A super sentai version of those would be one of my dream games.

I know how they work and I have them, I can't really say that I played any of them enough.

But yes, that would be nice.

It's just really strange that there were never really any good Sentai (or metal hero, for that matter) games, like, ever.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Ultraman Ginga Episode 2

Really...not sure what to say. Like the first episode, the human portions are pretty ho-hum (the hero's alright, but everyone else is annoying), except this time there was a pretty creepy scene that looked like a low-budget horror film. In fact, the whole series seems really...low-budget, odd since it's only 12 episodes you think they could throw a bit more into it.

The saving grace of the show? The AWESOME insert song that plays when Ginga actually appears for the last three minutes, which sadly I can't find on Youtube. It gets me pumped despite the actual action not being anything special. And Hikaru turning into the last episode's MOTW is cute.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Now, every day I just look at Legacy Megazord and go 'why aren't you here yet Dragonzord'

Zero chance of them doing the other megazords in diecast, right?
tumblr_mhavarVV6f1s1popdo1_400.gif

wishful thinking

Now, every day I just look at Legacy Megazord and go 'why aren't you here yet Dragonzord'

Zero chance of them doing the other megazords in diecast, right?
tumblr_mhavarVV6f1s1popdo1_400.gif

wishful thinking

probably not :S

Would love a diecast astro megazord.

hope they at least release titanus to complete the set.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1893273284/chroma-squad-manager-game-with-japanese-style-supe

Y'all see this on Kickstarter?

From the guys that made Knights of Pen and Paper.

curious how that works. SRPGS that are easy is kinda boring, but if sentai can't wipe out mooks easily its weird.

Watch Da Birdie

Seems it's the one we saw from behind the previous week:

xBrEv3c.jpg

I like it. I assume it's holding a "Lock Seed" mentioned in the toy listing.

By the way, did anyone else name their SMT IV Protagonist Gaimu? Thought it was fitting since some of the KR dudes did monster designs.

vareon

That's really top-heavy. Would be cool if we have a slower, weapon-based combat this time.

I see a joint on the shoulder?

Watch Da Birdie

That's really top-heavy. Would be cool if we have a slower, weapon-based combat this time.

I see a joint on the shoulder?

I think we might, but that's my assumption considering the back-shot we have of him makes him look like he's slowly walking towards perhaps a villain.

vareon

I think we might, but that's my assumption considering the back-shot we have of him makes him look like he's slowly walking towards perhaps a villain.

Hope so. Less flailing around and more heavier, more calculated strikes. Part of why I liked Kabuto.

Setting expectations on a Kamen Rider show is dangerous but let's live dangerously!

Watch Da Birdie

Hope so. Less flailing around and more heavier, more calculated strikes. Part of why I liked Kabuto.

Setting expectations on a Kamen Rider show is dangerous but let's live dangerously!

I've seen a lot of negativity towards him so far based on the fruits motif and now design, but then I recall how Wizard's the opposite of that, sleek style and a pretty sensible power-set for a hero with cool magic, yet his show isn't as great.

I hope the Main Character really takes the Samurai motif to heart...I've wondered if perhaps he'll end up being a samurai from the Sengoku era transported to Japan, that would be pretty funny.

I've seen a lot of negativity towards him so far based on the fruits motif and now design, but then I recall how Wizard's the opposite of that, sleek style and a pretty sensible power-set for a hero with cool magic, yet his show isn't as great.

I hope the Main Character really takes the Samurai motif to heart...I've wondered if perhaps he'll end up being a samurai from the Sengoku era transported to Japan, that would be pretty funny.

I just wish I could make sense out of that design. I can't figure out what's supposed to be armor, padding or spandex with that thing. And since the bulk of the suit is lamellar armor, it'll probably be super floppy in a fight; I really don't like floppy suits for action scenes. I really need to see the promo stuff before I get worked up over anything.

WillyFive

What really stands out is his armor; it's very separated by the main suit underneath. It's not like past riders were their armor was part of the core suit; for Gaimu it looks like an extra piece on top of his blue mail. It looks like it's going to flap around a lot if he moves a lot.

Fourze reveal was hilarious.

Still find him awful to look at.

I think Fourze looks great. His suit being white was really shocking when I first saw him, but he looks really good, especially all the details in his design.

Top Bottom