• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

Slayven

Multiple riders from the start!

FalG8vN.jpg

Maybea different form?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The toy stuff stated there'd be multiple Riders too (although in some places people took it to mean "old Riders"), plus that second Rider there looks like it's got different body proportions. I remember the early info when we first got the Trademark stated it'd be "unusual" and be a theme seen before in Hesei, right now I'm thinking it'll either be like Ryuki, with the Samurai Riders having a "War" with one another (thus the Sengoku Driver), or Hibiki and they'll be an organization with strong Japanese themes.

Hope we get some clearer images soon via Press Releases. I'm hyped!

EDIT: Speaking of which, this was posted around last week in the 4ch thread where the Lock Seed and Sengoku Driver popped up:

Gaimu basic form is called Orange Arms, can change to Pineapple Arms, Watermelon Arms Strawberry Arms.
2nd rider Baron have Banana Arms and Mango Arms
3rd rider Ryugen (龍玄?) have Grape Arms and Kiwi Arms
4th rider Zangetsu (斬月?) have Mellon Arms

Seems like it might be true. Look at that Rider, he's clearly got a banana sword (it's peeled!).

vareon

The toy stuff stated there'd be multiple Riders too (although in some places people took it to mean "old Riders"), plus that second Rider there looks like it's got different body proportions. I remember the early info when we first got the Trademark stated it'd be "unusual" and be a theme seen before in Hesei, right now I'm thinking it'll either be like Ryuki, with the Samurai Riders having a "War" with one another (thus the Sengoku Driver), or Hibiki and they'll be an organization with strong Japanese themes.

Hope we get some clearer images soon via Press Releases. I'm hyped!

EDIT: Speaking of which, this was posted around last week in the 4ch thread where the Lock Seed and Sengoku Driver popped up:

Seems like it might be true. Look at that Rider, he's clearly got a banana sword (it's peeled!).

Yeah, was about to mention the resemblence to banana somehow.

Now let's see how writers manage to write a story based on a fruit samurai and his fruity forms, lol. Hope they don't take this too seriously or things would get weird.

Edit:
O0OnSJT.jpg

Peeled fruit as henshin effect would be crazy.

Watch Da Birdie

Whoa, so the robots in Pacific Rim are like what would happen if Kamen Rider W was a giant robot. Futari no body and soul and all.

The demonstration at the beginning even used CycloneJoker's colorscheme. :0

too bad the movie sucked

Tenumi

Banned
Whenever I finish Jetman (On 14 out of 51), I'm hoping to watch Zyuranger and Dairanger. After those... I think I might do my Power Ranger run-through, assuming its all still up on Netflix at that time. Still watching Kyoryuger/whatever's current at that time, of course.

Man, I love the way Jet Icarus looks. Perfect blend of mech and theme...

something i just started noticing. mechas in sentai love to switch hands between cuts. When they are brawling it out, its usually molded fists. When using swords its usually gloves or a molded grip fist thing.

Watch Da Birdie

Finished Go-Busters. Wow. The first half-of-the show was actually kind of sub-par for the most part, but, like, the second half, everything after the Gavan two-parter, I pretty much loved all of it, even the more fillerish episodes. And such a cool finale. Really good show and I'm glad I ignored the "it has bad ratings so it sucks!" trend I saw on /m/.

On to Gaoranger now, because Go-Busters Returns made me want to watch a more traditional Animal-based one. It's kind of interesting to watch because it's in a weird vortex between classic special-effects of the 90s, and modern CG of the 00s. Like, it's really grainy looking, but then you've got the CG animals which actually don't look too bad all things considered.

Is it me or does Sentai always blow Kamen Rider out of the water in terms of how nice it looks? I noticed that especially when comparing Kiva and Go-Onger which came out at the same time, and this show looks better than Kuuga.

WillyFive

In terms of special effects, in my opinion Timeranger blew Kuuga out of the water; but nowadays Sentai and Rider are both neck and neck. I guess since Sentai is a more production intensive show (more suit actors and two different production teams for live action and miniature mecha), it can't have full CGI sequences like Rider occasionally has (Wizard's underworld sequences with the dragon, W's vehicle sections, and OOO's intensive CGI forms). I used to think Rider had better special effects than Sentai because of this, until I realized that more CGI =/= better looking.

Really good show and I'm glad I ignored the "it has bad ratings so it sucks!" trend I saw on /m/.

/m/ has notoriously bad taste. On everything. If it weren't for their great sense of humor and usually being the first place Toku news are posted in English, I'd be a bad place to hang around in.

Tenumi

Banned
Once Beet and Stag Buster got into their groove, that's when Go-Busters really came through to me.
Not to mention the ending arc and how that played out.

Watch Da Birdie

There's rumors going around that on the 25th (Japan time, so not too far off), there'll be a press conference about Gaimu. I just have a couple 4chan posts I've seen stating that today and yesterday, so don't take my word for it. But since we're seeing all these leaked documents about him, it seems likely a reveal is soon.

Huh? The Go-Buster fans of /m/ are pretty positive about it.

Honestly, I'm seeing less of it lately, but it was more prevalent when it was still airing. I guess it's that cycle in any other franchise where what's new is hated, and then once the next series airs, people look back at it with nostalgia. Now I see people whipping Kyoryuger. :p

WillyFive

Honestly, I'm seeing less of it lately, but it was more prevalent when it was still airing. I guess it's that cycle in any other franchise where what's new is hated, and then once the next series airs, people look back at it with nostalgia. Now I see people whipping Kyoryuger. :p

Dang. I can't really come up with any real complaints I have about the show.

I guess I'd like to see more episodes for KyoryuGreen, and Deboss's true form was disappointing and looked nothing like it did while dormant, but really, no real complaints. By this time last year I was raging at how boring and unappealing the core three Go-Busters were (aka, Red the Jerk Ranger).

Watch Da Birdie

The Ultraman Ginga OST is out!

The only reason I'm excited is because Track 1 is Ginga's theme whenever he fights, which quickly became one of my favorite Toku Inserts.

I hardly see anyone complaining about Kyoryuger on /m/. Not to say it's not there, but it's rare.

Well, not so much complaining as making fun of it being a bit ridiculous.

I haven't watched it yet so I can't comment, but I have noticed that I never see anyone talk about any of the main Rangers bar King and Nossan, the latter usually just in regards to his jokes.

Yazuka

I really loved Go-Busters. I enjoyed it very much, and Enter was awesome.
But I really enjoy the energy that is in Kyoryuger.

I haven't watched it yet so I can't comment, but I have noticed that I never see anyone talk about any of the main Rangers bar King and Nossan, the latter usually just in regards to his jokes.

That's because King, Nossan, and Utchy are the only ones that get a decent amount of screentime. Souji has only had two focus episodes so far and the second one was more about a girl from his school than it was about him.

WillyFive

Amy, being the lone girl in a team of 11 Rangers, doesn't seem to get much episodes dedicated to her alone; but she does get a lot of screentime since she's usually paired up with Utchy, and lately has a romantic subplot with King.

The only reason I'm excited is because Track 1 is Ginga's theme whenever he fights, which quickly became one of my favorite Toku Inserts.

Yeah, it's really nice.

That was fast, no?

I don't like Amy liking King. Came out of no where and they barely interact.

Yeah, it would've been nice if those two at least had some direct conversations with each before she started getting all jealous.

Didn't she act all super impressed and stuff with him in the first two episodes when they met? Then it never came up again until now because she herself said she never thought about it.

Chucker

Nobody thinks Amy is pushing the issue because Yayoi is nuts over King?

Went on a marathon and caught up. Now I get to wait like the rest of you guys :(

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I just learned that Super Megaforce will be using the Gokaiger costumes despite what some people were saying. Awesome.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ginga OST is out?

Also usually GB hate is nullified by the amount of GB love in /m/ even during its airing. People point out counterpoints to the flaws, for instance.

Watch Da Birdie

Seems there IS a press conference today in Japan:

0v8BUzw.jpg

Outside of the brown dude in the back (a coconut?), this rumor seems to match up pretty well:

Gaimu (鎧武) - Orange Arms, Pine Arms, Strawberry Arms and Watermelon Arms
Barong (バロン)- Banana Arms and Mango Arms
Ryugen (龍玄) - Grape Arms and Kiwi Arms
Zangetsu (斬月) - Muskmelon Arms

vareon

Seems there IS a press conference today in Japan:

0v8BUzw.jpg

Outside of the brown dude in the back (a coconut?), this rumor seems to match up pretty well:

Gaimu (鎧武) - Orange Arms, Pine Arms, Strawberry Arms and Watermelon Arms
Barong (バロン)- Banana Arms and Mango Arms
Ryugen (龍玄) - Grape Arms and Kiwi Arms
Zangetsu (斬月) - Muskmelon Arms

Yeeesssssss multiple riders. After god knows how many years.

Edit: At least I hope so. No official confirmation so far.

Watch Da Birdie

I imagine any hour now we'll be getting additional info, too bad it's 2:00 A.M. where I am. This is like CoroCoro X/Y news for me. :(

vareon

So officially "Gaim" though the URL is Gaimu. And yep, multiple riders (including Baron as the second, so the rumors are accurate).

Google Translate said:
 Reached the 15 eyes work as a milestone "Heisei Kamen Rider series" will be born a new Rider once again. The name "Kamen Rider Foreign Affairs". As can be seen from the name, the style of armor warrior Samurai. Then, transformation using the lock = lock seed that the motif fruit, we will continue to change even Arms.

Kamen Rider Foreign Affairs confirmed.

Edit: Wait, Urobuchi Gen!?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
they look like they could be builds on gaimou rather than different riders. either combo would be cool. we havent had multiple riders in in a while.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
The more I look at these wacky ass suits, the more excited I get for this series. It looks like it can be a lot of fun.

Top Bottom