• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So what enemies will Gaim be facing?

O7ZFeQ8.jpg

I like the armor design but the plot sounds silly.

And you know what Fourze haters.nay sayers it's sounding better than this. No comment on Wizard aside from zzzz

i just can't stop laughing at that orange sword. The suits doesn't seem to share any rider motif. At a glance this could be a brand new toku series. It does kinda looks like the one in china.

Translated summary of Gaim's plot from Over-Time TL Magenta:

http://pastebin.com/uZDfyNm8

Here is the takeaway from the final line

[08:04:45] Magenta: But no seriously street dance fruit Pokemon what

Sounds like Gaim's even more convoluted than the usual KR series. I was still down for the show, even with the suits, but now I'm not so sure.

Nobody thinks Amy is pushing the issue because Yayoi is nuts over King?

That's the impression I got - Yayoi's basically a voyeur. There's admiring from afar, and then there what she's doing.

WillyFive

i just can't stop laughing at that orange sword. The suits doesn't seem to share any rider motif. At a glance this could be a brand new toku series. It does kinda looks like the one in china.

Nah, they have 'em.

Gaim's cresent, Balon's horns, Ryugen's eyebrows, and Zangetsu's thing all stand in for the grasshopper antennas. All of them also have big bug eyes, and of course, a belt.

vareon

The "rider motif" was much less important since Ryuki, people kept saying that.

However I agree with you that it looks like a brand new toku series. Mainly because it's been a long year since we saw an initial poster with so many riders, the heavily armored designs, and this poster:

VndEMTH.jpg

Given out of context, it could look like some promotional hero for a soft drink brand or something.

The "rider motif" was much less important since Ryuki, people kept saying that.

However I agree with you that it looks like a brand new toku series. Mainly because it's been a long year since we saw an initial poster with so many riders, the heavily armored designs, and this poster:

VndEMTH.jpg

Given out of context, it could look like some promotional hero for a soft drink brand or something.

Fanta Force assemble!

Its a toku about street dancing pokemon training fruit flavored warmongering samurai with social commentary on corporations sprinkled on top. You'd have to be a fool not to try it out based on morbid curiosity.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Cool, the owner of the "hangout" this time is Goro from Ryuki.

Anyway, I don't get the negativity for this, it sounds fun.

WillyFive

Tenumi

Banned
Hmm... as someone who hasn't watched any Kamen Rider series (minus the first episode of Wizard), part of me is curious whether I should give this a try...

Watch Da Birdie

The next Movie Wars is gonna be insane.

The way this Series is being set-up makes it sound like it won't take place in the "relatively" normal Japan W-Wizard is set in, where besides the monsters, the setting itself is more or less something you could see taking place in the normal world.

But here we've got a walled city and such. Apparently Gaimu isn't in Wizard, so maybe they'll be dropping the "W" Verse?

Of course, they can still have Wizard use his magic to travel to Gaimu's world for the Movie Wars, OR since in Gaimu we have people opening portals, maybe he's summoned there by some kid.

Slayven

The way this Series is being set-up makes it sound like it won't take place in the "relatively" normal Japan W-Wizard is set in, where besides the monsters, the setting itself is more or less something you could see taking place in the normal world.

But here we've got a walled city and such. Apparently Gaimu isn't in Wizard, so maybe they'll be dropping the "W" Verse?

Of course, they can still have Wizard use his magic to travel to Gaimu's world for the Movie Wars, OR since in Gaimu we have people opening portals, maybe he's summoned there by some kid.
Or they can ignore all that shit and say "hey they in together doing cool shit, here are some new forms". In the Edo Village of course.

Cool, the owner of the "hangout" this time is Goro from Ryuki.

Anyway, I don't get the negativity for this, it sounds fun.

My only issue is that there's a whole bunch of stuff going on at once. They're fruit-based Riders/monster wranglers, who have to deal with break-dancing turf wars AND some vaguely-defined evil corporation AND some sort of nebulous dimensional rift. That's enough problems to make 2-3 shows, and they're bundling it all into one show. Other shows in this series have tackled less stuff than this, only to come up short. I don't expect much from this show because I'm assuming that it'll either leave a whole bunch of unanswered questions like Kiva, or leave a whole bunch of underdeveloped ideas in its wake like Kabuto.

That said, I've got enough self-awareness to know that constantly griping about a Sunday morning action show is a bad look, so I'm not going to go on and on about my suspicions. And it'll probably be a fun little series anyway.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

to be fair, all of the kamen riders take place in "walled cities". i bet we'll see wizard in a crossover movie.

Slayven

Ep 1 of Ultraman ginga was pretty good. I always felt the Ultradudes were stale in their human ids. But this fixes that. ANd the fact they are using toys to war a war is Meta as hell.

Watch Da Birdie

The main character is pretty appealing, looks wise. Haruto has this look that's, like, too pretty and cocky looking, but this dude looks like a bro.

Watch Da Birdie

oh so the actors can actually break it down? Interesting.

I love when the actors can do some cool stunts, Gentarou had some rad moves he did in Fourze.

By the way, was the suit actor announced? Weren't there rumors about the main Rider Suit Actor retiring?

Top Bottom