• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

i0e6IgGk1HuA0.gif

Zynx

Garo 16
I think the new development is a fake-out. The bulk of the clues that have been given to the viewers still point to the old man being the boss - people reporting to him, and such. Maybe next episode will have the horrors framing the wayward son?

ZoddGutts

In a perfect world Ryuutaro would show up and school them in a dance battle.

He's busy being a Starman.

Anyways just hope the new Kamen Rider series has an interesting cast. Fourze had a likeable cast that carried the series with the story being slow, though not as slow as Wizard. The cast of Wizard is so weak they couldn't carry a piece of paper.

Sophia

He's busy being a Starman.

Anyways just hope the new Kamen Rider series has an interesting cast. Fourze had a likeable cast that carried the series with the story being slow, though not as slow as Wizard. The cast of Wizard is so weak they couldn't carry a piece of paper.

Wizard would be far better if they actually moved the plot. There was that nasty gap there between episodes 32 and 39 where almost nothing happened. It was literally monster of the week sidestories, some small details for Haruto and Kosuke, and a completely useless, stupid, and downright offensive story arc.

I really hope Gaimu has Fourze's over the top-ness. Fourze is probably one of my favorite KR shows so far.

vareon

My only issue is that there's a whole bunch of stuff going on at once. They're fruit-based Riders/monster wranglers, who have to deal with break-dancing turf wars AND some vaguely-defined evil corporation AND some sort of nebulous dimensional rift. That's enough problems to make 2-3 shows, and they're bundling it all into one show. Other shows in this series have tackled less stuff than this, only to come up short. I don't expect much from this show because I'm assuming that it'll either leave a whole bunch of unanswered questions like Kiva, or leave a whole bunch of underdeveloped ideas in its wake like Kabuto.

That said, I've got enough self-awareness to know that constantly griping about a Sunday morning action show is a bad look, so I'm not going to go on and on about my suspicions. And it'll probably be a fun little series anyway.

I don't think there's too much going--I just think this is one of the most established setting for a Kamen Rider story instead of simply a generic Japanese city.

Edit: More scans of Gaim's forms surfaced. I guess the fruits materialize first then are equipped to Gaim's body. This explains the hinges on the armor, I guess.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I guess even toy catalog scans are out of the question to be posted on GAF?

Anyway, looks cool...I can't tell if the Watermelon grafts onto Gaimu, or if it turns into a separate Mecha.

Cool bike, wonder if there's any special things it can do?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So my friend and I were talking about Gaimu and we segued into Annoying Orange... and then Annoying Orange Rider.

Oh god.

Watch Da Birdie

There's a little manga that's posted on /m/ (I assume it's official? Like one of those comics they do for toylines) showing his Henshin, like the Orange falls from space and lands of Gaimu's head, then it separates and forms his armor.

yami4ct

The designs, the writer, the little blurb we've gotten about the plot, the henshin, man. Everything about Gaimu is pushing the right buttons for me. Oh boy. Cannot wait for this. I've decently enjoyed wizard so far, but I'm ready for a big change. This seems like it'll be just that.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
The designs, the writer, the little blurb we've gotten about the plot, the henshin, man. Everything about Gaimu is pushing the right buttons for me. Oh boy. Cannot wait for this. I've decently enjoyed wizard so far, but I'm ready for a big change. This seems like it'll be just that.

its so ridiculous it has to be awesome.

i wonder what those past rider locks do.

Zynx

Hmm, I've got to say, the more I hear about Gaimu, the more intrigued I get, despite my earlier misgivings.

My only issue is that there's a whole bunch of stuff going on at once. They're fruit-based Riders/monster wranglers, who have to deal with break-dancing turf wars AND some vaguely-defined evil corporation AND some sort of nebulous dimensional rift.

I feel completely the opposite way. Having more than one thing going on at a time is much better than just having a totally static world where you have the bland story of the week (or two) where nothing happens except a monster explodes. Actually, your post made me consider taking a second look at Gaimu. If they really deliver on the warring states stuff it could be awesome.

I feel completely the opposite way. Having more than one thing going on at a time is much better than just having a totally static world where you have the bland story of the week (or two) where nothing happens except a monster explodes. Actually, your post made me consider taking a second look at Gaimu. If they really deliver on the warring states stuff it could be awesome.

I've seen nothing that suggests that this will be avoided.

Slayven

Hmm, I've got to say, the more I hear about Gaimu, the more intrigued I get, despite my earlier misgivings.

That is how I feel. They can always go "What are these guys doing right now".

Watch Da Birdie

Does anyone have a gif of the main dude doing a shirtless back-flip?

That is how I feel. They can always go "What are these guys doing right now"

Seems like they're going to have a plot involving the Invase Monster Tournament, as one of the character bios for one of Balon's cronies mentions how he's trying to find a way to fix it to win. Then we'll probably have the other dance dudes doing their dance crew thing.

ZoddGutts

Which Ultraman series post Gaia should I watch? Seen Tiga, Dyna and Gaia here in the U.S. they show Ultraman series on a Japanese channel here in L.A. and their subbed. Also currently watching the latest Ultraman series Ginga which I'm liking. I forget which Ultraman series in the last decade TokuGaf has a high regard for, was it Nexus, Seven or Neo?

The show is written by Gen Urobuchi, it's his first Toku show. I have no idea what he's like. I was hoping Kobayashi would return, but she's doing Attack on Titan apparently.

I guess. I'm not that familiar with his work. It's just that he's the only new guy, from what I can tell, and if the rest of the staff is the same, they might do the same stuff. Or they might not. There's hope either way, I think.

The more I think about the series, the more comfortable I am with it. I mean, we've had 4 straightforward series post-Decade - W, OOO, Foruze, Wizard - enough to say that the formula they've developed since then has had a good run. Shaking things up is a nice change of pace.

Which Ultraman series post Gaia should I watch? Seen Tiga, Dyna and Gaia here in the U.S. they show Ultraman series on a Japanese channel here in L.A. and their subbed. Also currently watching the latest Ultraman series Ginga which I'm liking. I forget which Ultraman series in the last decade TokuGaf has a high regard for, was it Nexus, Seven or Neo?

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but out of the three you've listed Nexus is the most well-received in the western fandom (I'm assuming that you mean Ultraseven X when you say Seven, because the original Ultra Seven came out decades ago - if you did mean Ultra Seven, then check that out instead, since that's an awesome show.)

Also, you might want to check out Mebius too - it's a solid show.

Watch Da Birdie

Brown Rider is apparently meant to be a chestnut according to toy scans.

Guess Guriton is a pun of "kurita".

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Is Dairanger any good? Ever since it was prominently featured in Akibaranger, i've been somewhat interested in watching it...

Kibaranger sounds like a badass...

Is Dairanger any good? Ever since it was prominently featured in Akibaranger, i've been somewhat interested in watching it...

Kibaranger sounds like a badass...

Yeah, on slow days I watch eps. There is alot of them growing as a sentai and individual with their chose martial art. They get their asses whooped alot but! They come right back and kick ass. Shout outs to Daigo!

Top Bottom