• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

WillyFive

ibfgnGQWyd6hpR.gif

Also, the Hyper DVD RAW is out. Cyan and Grey get some action, Gold gets his own Armed On and Red gets a Plesion power-up.

Also, Alpha was on Futurama:

1000221_10151489460701326_2060326875_n.jpg

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Really strong finish to this Kyoryuger arc. Kyoryu Violet could be a really interesting character, specially when you take into consideration that it's two distinct chracaters: The doctor and his... pupil? Either way, I'm glad she's not a permanent part of the cast, because I really wish the main Kyoryugers would get more story development...

How old is she supposed to be anyway? I wonder if the crush on Daigo and the fact that she's much smaller when in Kyoryuger form (specially the heat pat by KyoryuRed) means that's she's younger than the actress looks.

Next episode seems really funny as well, with random Luckiero doing some hinjinx. I love non-main storyline episodes.

Like I said earlier, it's been a while since I watched a Sentai, so I wasn't expecting anything in particular, but has delivered so far.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I just saw the articles about Bryan Cranston doing voice work for Power Rangers in the past. That's awesome.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Well now, Pokemon sure likes to take some tokumotifs

I can't wait for MegaHeracross with Speed Boost

WillyFive

Hurricanger movie is available without subs. The kung-fu kid from Go-Busters is back, kicks butt; but otherwise, I thought it was a bland movie. Seemed dull and low-budget.

Also, Power Rangers Samurai is being dubbed in Japanese. #why

Jaden: Koji Yusa (Urataros from Kamen Rider Den-O)
Mia: Sachiko Kojima (Suzie Q from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)
Mike: Wataru Hatano (Gajeel from Fairy Tail)
Kevin: Tsuguo Mogami (Spike Bourne from Beyblade: Shogun Steel)
Emily: Ayaka Shimoyamada (Additional voices in Space Brothers)
Jin: Yoji Ueda (Speedwagon from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Hurricanger movie is available without subs. The kung-fu kid from Go-Busters is back, kicks butt; but otherwise, I thought it was a bland movie. Seemed dull and low-budget.

Also, Power Rangers Samurai is being dubbed in Japanese. #why

Reminds me of how Dragon Knight was dubbed in Japan by many KR alumni:

Satoshi Matsuda (Ren Akiyama/Kamen Rider Knight in Ryuki) as Len/Kamen Rider Wing Knight.
Yuria Haga (Mari Sonoda in 555 and Mio Suzuki in Kiva) as Maya Young.
Kōji Yusa (Urataros in Den-O) as Drew Lansing/Kamen Rider Torque.
Tomokazu Sugita (Kivat-bat the 3rd in Kiva) as JTC/Kamen Rider Strike.
Kenji Matsuda (Kamen Rider Zanki in Hibiki and Jiro/Garulu in Kiva) as Grant Staley/Kamen Rider Camo.
Shouma Yamamoto (Takato Shiramine/Kamen Rider Rey in Kiva: King of the Castle in the Demon World and Taiga Nobori/Kamen Rider Saga in Kiva) as Brad Barrett/Kamen Rider Thrust.
Ryouta Murai (Yuusuke Onodera/Kamen Rider Kuuga in Decade) as Albert Cho/Kamen Rider Spear.
Miyuki Sawashiro (Kiva-la in Decade) as Kase/Kamen Rider Siren.
Hōchū Ōtsuka (Deneb in Den-O) as Xaviax
Tsuyoshi Koyama (Kamen Rider Odin / the Visor Voice in Ryuki) as Eubulon.

There hasn't been a rpm dub? Have all the others before it been dubbed?

Nope. The first seven seasons had dubs (don't know if they were complete or just certain episodes) but they stopped after that. They started back last year with SPD, then did Mystic Force, and are now skipping on to Samurai I guess.

The SPD dub was particularly interesting compared to others 'cause the Dekaranger cast came back to voice their counterparts.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
watching old shows, they don't really do much damage to megazords during battle anymore these days.

Like battle 'wounds' when getting hit.

Yeah, watching old toku really shows the battle sparks alot. I miss those.

Though the last Sentai that really showed awesome mecha damage was Go Busters.

Rajack

It was totally as everyone guessed, but the way they handled it made it pretty exciting. Why wasn't Wizard this awesome during the Myna Bird and earlier arcs? Gosh. :\

Still love how the cruel bitch Medusa was tossed aside like yesterday's garbage by
Wiseman/Fueki/White Wizard
. It just came across as so brutal and callous in nature, especially after she was told that she was important.

NeonZ

Here I am thinking Taizen was last year and it came out in April.

There was a Super Hero Taisen last year, and then there was a new movie called Super Hero Taisen Z this year. The original stars Decade, Diend, Gokaired, Gokaiblue, and also features other characters from Gokaiger, Goseiger, OOO, Den-O, Fourze and Go-Busters. Alongside with minor in suit participations from heroes of all Rider and Sentai series.

The movie this year has as the main cast the Go-Busters, GokaiSilver, Wizard and New Gavan related characters, with some Kyoryuger and Fourze thrown in, alongside cameos from a random selection of past heroes.

NeonZ

Does Gentarou meet Daigo?

Fourze only appears towards the ending of the movie, although before the final battle itself. He interacts very briefly with New Gavan when he appears leading some extra heroes to the rescue, teams up with new Inazuman again who comes from the future, and is part of the main Rider team in the final battle(which was OOO, Wizard and Beast), where he briefly fights alongside the Kyoryuger and Go-Busters, but there's not really a scene where they stop and talk to each other or something by that point. Fourze doesn't even appear out of suit, although it's Gentaro's actor voicing him.

His role is actually smaller than in the first Super Hero Taisen (unlike the Go-Busters, which have much more screentime here - meanwhile, Decade and Gokaiger only get a few lines introducing themselves and they didn't even bother getting Decade's actor to record them).

Slayven

true. Well, while i'm not too hot on the show, i still find Wizard to be one of the better heisei riders in terms of fighting style and forms and abilities.

Oh yeah fighting is the least of Wizard's problems. His supporting cast is dead weight. Especially coming off Fourze.

beast is probably gonna save the day somehow anyways.

now that haruto is 'down', he's really the only outlier to the master plan.

would be neat if he had a true final form because his current one is quite possibly the lamest out of all riders.

I have a gun now and can lash people with my whippy stuff, while wizard gets super defense, super speed, and cg dragon axe.

Top Bottom