• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

Slayven

They are dead weight for fighting, but they had stories and were meaningful parts of the show. The Wizard cast is dead weight in both fighting and story.

They are even shitty at getting the victim of the week out of the way of fighting. They have one job and can barely do it.

They are even shitty at getting the victim of the week out of the way of fighting. They have one job and can barely do it.

They're better at it than Rideron was.

Rinko & Shunpei - better than a car! You can put that on the back of the next volume, Toei.

Although I'm pretty sure that Road Sector was used to transport people away from a fight at least once, and it was pretty badass - even had 'Black Hole Message' as an unofficial theme song...

I guess the rankings for battle evac in the KR series would be Road Sector > Rinko & Shunpei > Kamen Rider club > Rideron > Kagami. Everyone else just kind of fights around civilians and hopes that no one gets in the way.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Raw for SHTZ web movies are out there. Sounds like they got Shotaro's voice actor to do Double. Can't really tell with the other people that are here.

UN6q2fi.png

There's hope.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
The whole "I die if I don't keep eating Phantoms" is kind of a big deal you'd think they would want to address.

Beast is the most useless Rider ever though.

Most useless? Not even close. But I wish they would at least make him look like a threat. Fueki called him an abomination, he is rider fodder until haruto shows up. His hyper mode might as well be nothing. He needs to go out in a blaze of glory

NeonZ

Most useless? Not even close. But I wish they would at least make him look like a threat. Fueki called him an abomination, he is rider fodder until haruto shows up. His hyper mode might as well be nothing. He needs to go out in a blaze of glory

Beast isn't actually the weakest and most useless Rider, but all Riders that are less effective than him actually had that as part of their story though. G3/X or Birth not being as strong as Agito and OOO was acknowledged as part of the story, making the moments where their operators surpass their limitations and win all the more satisfying.

Beast doesn't seem to be treated like that though. He's obviously weaker than Wizard, considering how many times he fails, but the series doesn't seem to use that as a plot point. He just happens to lose a lot.

shaowebb

Nice.I'll grab this when it's released. I loved Knights of Pen & Paper and I have no idea they were a sentai fan.

Here's hoping they meet the stretch goal they are close to. If they hit 80k they add Kamen Rider story mode to the game. If they hit the 110k goal they add create a story, and share mode by throwing in an editor!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Was Beast's upgrade introduced earlier than Meteor's upgrade? Because it honestly felt like Beast got his faster. I guess it's because Meteor feels more... used, but still.

Was Beast's upgrade introduced earlier than Meteor's upgrade? Because it honestly felt like Beast got his faster. I guess it's because Meteor feels more... used, but still.

at least i feel like beasts actually did something. I can't recall many monster of the biweek that meteor storm actually beat and didn't get his ass kicked.

meteor was a pretty scrub rider imo even though i liked his henshin.

NeonZ

at least i feel like beasts actually did something. I can't recall many monster of the biweek that meteor storm actually beat and didn't get his ass kicked.

Meteor was beating Leo while Fourze was handling a pointless Horoscope of the week. He also finished off Cancer in his debut. Most of the time Meteor Storm was beaten up, so was Fourze (Virgo being an exception thanks to Dark Nebula). Even against the horoscopes of the week, he fought to a draw with Aquarius, was mind controlled by Taurus (after beating him in a golf match), and only was hurt by Gemini because he took a hit for Fourze.

Beast has gotten more monsters of the week to kill in the second half of Wizard than Meteor got in Fourze's second half, but every time Beast attempts to get in the way of the main story he's just badly beaten up, while Meteor could actually count. (It also helps that Wizard will end up with four extra episodes compared to Fourze, which means it got two extra monsters for its second half).

Let's keep talking about Fourze because I'm rewatching it with a friend watching for the first time.

Poor girl had Wizard as her first Rider show and hates the show. I have to twist her arm to get her to try Fourze and she's in love with it.

We just hit the episode where he gets his final form.

Mandatory:

13441513994807.gif

What a great two parter.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Let's keep talking about Fourze because I'm rewatching it with a friend watching for the first time.

Poor girl had Wizard as her first Rider show and hates the show. I have to twist her arm to get her to try Fourze and she's in love with it.

We just hit the episode where he gets his final form.

Mandatory:

13441513994807.gif

What a great two parter.

wizard as her first? damn. she should have gone with a completed, awesome series, to get a feel for it.

Slayven

Firsts should be for Sentai: Dekaranger. IF you can't find something to like in that series you had no soul. In a pinch Magiranger will do.

For Riders would go for a Den-o or Foruze.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Wizard cast dancing for half a second during Kyoryuger opening good shit

Shame we're going to have to wait a while for the Kyoryuger movie, looks fun

wizard as her first? damn. she should have gone with a completed, awesome series, to get a feel for it.

Well, I talked her into Kamen Rider after a few Sentai shows literally the first week of September so it was more of a "Hey, the new Rider show just started so you might as well jump in." At the time even I didn't know Wizard was gonna end up being what it was. She hated it so much it took this long to get her to try another one.

Everyone should just watch W

This was the plan, but after Wizard she just wasn't interested in any other Kamen Rider. Then she was the Fourze/Wizard teamup just to keep up to date on Wizard, saw the Fourze half and fell in love.

Top Bottom