• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Curious, how long does it take you to marathon a show?

I finished Fourze, OOO, and W in a week each or so. They were easy to watch.

It's slowed down a bit since I'm watching Sentai now at the same time, but...I probably finish a series in a month or so depending on what's going on. I've watched every Hesei bar Wizard since starting in January, so, yeah...it takes me a bit longer for Sentai, since the episodic structure makes it harder to marathon since it doesn't use cliffhangers as much as KR.

Kamen Rider is probably the easiest show to marathon for me, usually I go slow or end up giving up halfway through when I plan marathons (like with Gundam I gave up after A, 79, and Zeta, just got bored near the end of ZZ and overwhelmed as I was graduating college), but not with Kamen Rider.

shaowebb

I slip in an episode a night of whatever Im watching sometimes two sometimes none. Depends on my week and I stay busy.

Gotta say I watched episode 25 of Blade tonight and boy...Black Fang Motorcycle werewolf was stupid. Dumb chase scene shit and none of it felt plausible. Just...just like they had to show off motorcycles for their sponsor or something.

Watch Da Birdie

I slip in an episode a night of whatever Im watching sometimes two sometimes none. Depends on my week and I stay busy.

Gotta say I watched episode 25 of Blade tonight and boy...Black Fang Motorcycle werewolf was stupid. Dumb chase scene shit and none of it felt plausible. Just...just like they had to show off motorcycles for their sponsor or something.

That episode was weird. It felt like I'd missed an earlier episode because everything was so out of left-field.

That was the biggest problem with Blade, so many minor characters came and gone without any real development, like Kiriyu and that Good Spider guy.

LostAnkh

Holy shit. I thought Saban getting one of their biggest properties back would at least get more love but... wow that's bad.

Maybe their saving everything for Super Megaforce next year? That seems to be the case since that's all I hear about. Nothing about the remaining Megaforce episodes, but the big crossover happening next year.
Yeah, they're off on a bad start, but who knows, they may pick up some steam along the way, hopefully.

Curious, how long does it take you to marathon a show?
For me, it's all based on whether or not the show has me hooked. I marathon'd Hibiki in less than a week.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
So I took a trip to another city today and found this for sale:

IMG_20130824_135602.jpg

185 reais translates into 66.97 US Dollar, but this doesn't look like the good quality, expensive ones...

Either way, it seems this is either 40 bucks on Amazon or 20 bucks from somewhere that sells through amazon.

Of course I'm never going to buy it anything locally, which has prices jacked up as these, but still... I didn't think it looked that good... :/

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
You know with the whole thing about Beast's problem not being addressed, the fact that we don't know what exactly an "Archetype" Wizard is, and the the fact that Nitou is not one of the 5 required for the thing. One would expect him to be the one to save everything... if he wasn't a secondary rider and didn't job every week.

Oh well

7ZuieSR.jpg

Slayven

You know with the whole thing about Beast's problem not being addressed, the fact that we don't know what exactly an "Archetype" Wizard is, and the the fact that Nitou is not one of the 5 required for the thing. One would expect him to be the one to save everything... if he wasn't a secondary rider and didn't job every week.

Oh well

7ZuieSR.jpg

It is the slobbiest Toku i seen when it comes with it's own lore.

vareon

Oh well

http://i.imgur.com/7ZuieSR.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I just took the laziest way and decided that Archetype just means Beast's rings are incompatible with the newest model of drivers, which means Nitou can't transfer his mana to Koyomi lol.

[quote="WillyFive, post: 78143185"][IMG]http://i.minus.com/ifTntMWMYGZMP.gif

Theme song sounds interesting; it's very aggressive, like Kiva's.

Also, BANANA ARM.

Ballin' awesome. Multiple riders from the start excites me.

I always avoided watching it because figured a crossover movie that expansive would be kind of lame, but since Asahi was airing it today with the Gaimu teaser at the end, I decided to check it out. Here are some of my gripes:

Fire States Fourze being knocked out by MagiRed's Fire magic
Hina kinda awkwardly tagging along with the surviving members of Gokaiger
Everyone generally being OOC and obnoxious as hell
The Gokaigers getting freaking Medal Combo Ranger Keys, and just preforming a simple finisher attack with them
Diend suddenly deciding to become the big bad out of angst

I think the only parts I genuinely enjoyed was that brief Maskman/KR Black teamup and Fourze using the Super Drill switch again.

Rumors about Gaim's transformation sequence is true. The orange just drops on his head.

It's more like a chocolate orange in the sense that it crumples on comtact. That's actually a bit clever. I was expecting something a bit more like the CG in a soda commercial or something. The suits look way better in motion than I expected as well. I'm slightly interested in the show now.

WillyFive

hope they keep using the fight choreographers of wizard.

I haven't found out who it is yet, but I speculate it will be the guys who did the choreography for Go-Busters; since the Wizard guys came from Gokaiger, the Kyoryuger guys came from Fourze, and the Go-Buster guys came from OOO. It's almost as if a team that finishes a show moves on into the next one in pre-production.

Watch Da Birdie

Apparently there's rumors going around (from the dude who posts Kyoryuger rumors on 2chan I hear?) that Decade is going to return in the final 2 episodes of Wizard, which apparently will also debut Gaim.

Decade's actor has apparently been teasing this too more or less, talking about getting his hair fixed or something. Some people also speculate they aired SHT recently to introduce the kids who got into Kamen Rider during the post-Decade era to, well, Decade.

yami4ct

Apparently there's rumors going around (from the dude who posts Kyoryuger rumors on 2chan I hear?) that Decade is going to return in the final 2 episodes of Wizard, which apparently will also debut Gaim.

Decade's actor has apparently been teasing this too more or less, talking about getting his hair fixed or something. Some people also speculate they aired SHT recently to introduce the kids who got into Kamen Rider during the post-Decade era to, well, Decade.

If the rumors about the final episodes are true, I'll go ahead and marathon Wizard from where I left until the end. That sounds like something epic enough to be worth sitting through all the Wizard boring. Well, at least I enjoyed the fights when I was watching so I'd get something out of it.

vareon

If the rumors about the final episodes are true, I'll go ahead and marathon Wizard from where I left until the end. That sounds like something epic enough to be worth sitting through all the Wizard boring. Well, at least I enjoyed the fights when I was watching so I'd get something out of it.

His appearance, if he did, might only be just like a guide to Wizard. Like, "Hey Wizard guy you're a Rider too, look at these clips of riders before you!"

To be honest I preferred that instead of trying to make any story with Decade.

yami4ct

His appearance, if he did, might only be just like a guide to Wizard. Like, "Hey Wizard guy you're a Rider too, look at these clips of riders before you!"

To be honest I preferred that instead of trying to make any story with Decade.

I wasn't talking just Decade. I was talking about the total rumor.
Multiple returning riders, massive epic multi-parter battle, alternate world filled with monsters.
All of that sounds fantastic. If it was just Gaim and Decade, I wouldn't even think about catching up.

I haven't watched Wizard since the first couple episodes, but I'd grab these last couple for my boy Dickeido.

super hero taisen is clearly the best tsukasa has ever been.

best first impressions.

really curious what, wizard final kamen ride would be.

And with how often decade appears in movies and what not, isn't it about time he gets a new form? Updated final form with bigger shoulder pads for the latest riders too? :D

Takenoko-tachi never fail to impress. Got a "sempai" in that Cure ad; that ugly, barely readable Gaim font. Holy shit.

And with how often decade appears in movies and what not, isn't it about time he gets a new form? Updated final form with bigger shoulder pads for the latest riders too? :D

If Decade ever gets a new form, I hope they go back to the drawing board with it. Decade Complete is horrid.

Watch Da Birdie

Speaking of TV-N, I'm about to finish with Gaoranger, and really want to stick around in the early-2000 era...is TV-N's Boukenger sub passable? Honestly, I watched all their Riders, so I think I can handle it especially as it doesn't seem it's gonna get re-subbed anytime soon.

shaowebb

Just started episode 26 of Blade and HOLY SHIT!
Dude just shows up before the opening credits, fights Garren and Blade with flails and hammers and SHATTERS HALF OF BLADE'S HELMET IN THE FIGHT!

I didn't know Rider Armor could break.

Just started episode 26 of Blade and HOLY SHIT!
Dude just shows up before the opening credits, fights Garren and Blade with flails and hammers and SHATTERS HALF OF BLADE'S HELMET IN THE FIGHT!

I didn't know Rider Armor could break.

its pretty rare. like sentai helmets crack all the time but you rarely see rider suits get damaged (they usually get knocked out of henshin)... maybe the material is more expensive?

WillyFive

its pretty rare. like sentai helmets crack all the time but you rarely see rider suits get damaged (they usually get knocked out of henshin)... maybe the material is more expensive?

My guess is that Riders (since the first one) started out as cyborgs (their armor is their insides being exposed) while in Sentai/Metal Heroes they are suits (armor they put on). When Metal Heroes was cancelled, Heisei Rider started inheriting their traits, like the idea of them being suits instead of cyborgs. The Rider cyborg is rarely used nowadays, but I remember seeing a cool artwork of Kamen Rider W being a cyborg inside somewhere. Can't find it now, though.

Watch Da Birdie

Unfortunately it kind of gets quickly made redundant though, it's sort of the Trinity/Burning/Denliner/DoGaBaKi/FangJoker of Blade.

it does randomly pop up though... and its hilarious when after he gets king form, one of the other rider gets jack form at like the final stretch of the show.

Watch Da Birdie

My guess is that Riders (since the first one) started out as cyborgs (their armor is their insides being exposed) while in Sentai/Metal Heroes they are suits (armor they put on). When Metal Heroes was cancelled, Heisei Rider started inheriting their traits, like the idea of them being suits instead of cyborgs. The Rider cyborg is rarely used nowadays, but I remember seeing a cool artwork of Kamen Rider W being a cyborg inside somewhere. Can't find it now, though.

It's kind of both now.

The G3, the Smart Brain Riders, the BOARD Riders (bar Chalice), Den-O and Zeronos, IXA, Decade, Diend, Birth, and possibly Wizard and Beast are armor, or magical armor.

The rest seem to be "organic" transformations, although the limit of how the suits look don't always make this clear...like OOO just looks like armor, but I assume it's actually a transformation, with the SIC figure makes more clear.

shaowebb

Im just happy that after starting my Kamen Rider journey with Decade and wondering FOREVER who those cool riders were from Diend's world that I finally discovered them in Blade's movies.

lyJ5Sbm.png

Kamen Rider Larc
Kamen Rider Glaive
Kamen Rider Lance

This was driving me nuts forever because I thought they looked absolutely awesome and their story was left sort of unfinished in Decade and Diend is from their world. Its interesting that Glaive appears in the movie for Blade, makes a guest appearance later on the show as a police officer, then for Decade is a police officer brainwashing the people into being good citizens and Diend's older brother. For awhile I thought they were made just for that show, but now that I saw this is from a Blade movie I have the closure I had hoped for. Hurray!

WillyFive

It's kind of both now.

The G3, the Smart Brain Riders, the BOARD Riders (bar Chalice), Den-O and Zeronos, IXA, Decade, Diend, Birth, and possibly Wizard and Beast are armor, or magical armor.

The rest seem to be "organic" transformations, although the limit of how the suits look don't always make this clear...like OOO just looks like armor, but I assume it's actually a transformation, with the SIC figure makes more clear.

Yeah, the SIC figures do a good job of making their concepts seem more realistic.

I'd imagine Meteor's suit would be him transforming into pure Cosmic Energy.

shaowebb

Oh wow. Just read that the end of Wizard for episodes 52/53 will be a massive all Heisei Riders event with Gaimu appearing in it. Decade's actor will be back reprising his role again apparently. Here's hoping Wizard repairs Ankh's coin during this thing for some closure.

Source

Oh wow. Just read that the end of Wizard for episodes 52/53 will be a massive all Heisei Riders event with Gaimu appearing in it. Decade's actor will be back reprising his role again apparently. Here's hoping Wizard repairs Ankh's coin during this thing for some closure.

Source

Wizard just hit Decade levels of awful.

WillyFive

It's like a Showa-level finale with past Riders coming out of nowhere!

Also, this will be interesting seeing the multi-verse dynamic appear for the first time in W-verse; since past mentions to Heisei Riders don't make much sense (will the Heisei Riders arrive with Decade, or are they already there?). Heck, it looks like they are even just avatars due to the Rings.

Also, Wizard's final boss is revealed. Disappointing.

Top Bottom