• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

shaowebb

OMG Kaiketsu Zubat! The Big One himself Hiroshi Miyauchi played that role and ran that gimmick so amazing. I play my own damned themesong when I show up and then no one falls down till I sound the last beat.

Zubat=YES
gZofiyp.jpg

plus Remember this AWESOME new mix of the Zubat theme he got for the Kamen Rider Den O movie cameo

I want that song...

Zubat's even crazier than I expected it to be.

I should go introduce the show to the surviving Viewtiful Joe fans on Gaming side, so that they'll have something to cheer them up
or to twist the knife even deeper, either one's fine with me.

KLFrYmG.png

*bends over to tie shoe*

*commits seppuku*

"In a world...
where clothing is designed for kyphophobiacs..."

It's even more toy-like than Fourze and Wizard's belts, which is an odd sight. Hell, at least Fourze could still squat.
ivZykx7l.png

Slayven

Zubat's even crazier than I expected it to be.

I should go introduce the show to the surviving Viewtiful Joe fans on Gaming side, so that they'll have something to cheer them up
or to twist the knife even deeper, either one's fine with me.

"In a world...
where clothing is designed for kyphophobiacs..."

It's even more toy-like than Fourze and Wizard's belts, which is an odd sight. Hell, at least Fourze could still squat.
ivZykx7l.png

There is a fear for everything and a word for that fear.

The knife bothers me, it throws off the balance of the belt.

LostAnkh

There is a fear for everything and a word for that fear.

The knife bothers me, it throws off the balance of the belt.
The entire design is very bland, regardless. The knife, a good percentage of the belt being black, and a picture of the rider on the right.

I like the Birth Driver. The design isn't too overdone, the green/clear capsule motif works well with the suit design and Rider concept, and the turning mechanism can be either slow and dramatic or done in a single, stylish flourish.

i7xR6mM1uaVij.gif

So rad.

What am I looing at?

Tweet from the actress that played Mei in Zyuranger. Google Translate:

Everyone also special effects fan / squadron of Toei fan, interesting announcement is likely to be from five of dinosaur squadron Juurenja that soon I who was starring. Much, I had long phone now and Geki. W Boy I heard, an interesting story, is a business contact. Check immediately the message of Facebook. Dan, talk and pre-Geki.

Bit rough, but sounds like there's some kind of Zyuranger announcement coming up?

Rajack

Kamen Rider WIZARD 49

Okay, now THIS episode was awesome! Beast's epic sacrifice to piss in Fueki's sabbat flavored cheerios. Also Haruto's about to rage on Fueki something fierce.

shaowebb

Kamen Rider WIZARD 49

Okay, now THIS episode was awesome! Beast's epic sacrifice to piss in Fueki's sabbat flavored cheerios. Also Haruto's about to rage on Fueki something fierce.

Just now watched 48 and I'm ready to watch some 49. Saw this ending coming but stuff is finally happening and I want to see that finale with the cameos.Sad that half the other riders in this show are plot device filler and that the main alt rider is a nothing character like Beast. Show had a lot of promise early on. Sad it kind of fell off. So far this has been my least liked Series. In order this is how I rank what I've watched.

1. OOO's
  2. W
  3. Den-O
  4. Kabuto/ (Blade/Faiz)~finishing these two up. Currently I put them at what Kabuto eventually became for me. Both have potential to surpass though from What I've seen
  5. Decade (fell apart, but it introduced me to Riders and was my first so it auto scores higher than Wizard for me out of that. I only disliked its ending and length honestly...well that and Diend's helmet)
  6. Wizard

The de-powered fights in Kyoryuger ep 27 were pretty awesome. Wish Yayoi was a permanent member though, she's more useful than green,black and blue.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
The de-powered fights in Kyoryuger ep 27 were pretty awesome. Wish Yayoi was a permanent member though, she's more useful than green,black and blue.

ian and nossan have their place, its souji that needs to step the fuck up.

GManDH

i started watching some supersentai, never had watched the jap ones before, and it feels very childish. does anyone else here watch KR only, or some other show and not SS. is a toku fan a toku fan if they dont watch Supersentai?? thoughts.

edit1: ive been watching gokaiger only. never watched any other season.

i started watching some supersentai, never had watched the jap ones before, and it feels very childish. does anyone else here watch KR only, or some other show and not SS. is a toku fan a toku fan if they dont watch Supersentai?? thoughts.

They're all kids shows. Just watch whatever makes you happy, that's the whole point of the genre. Have fun, brah.

Do note jap is racial slur. JP is proper short hand :)

sub-japan-articleLarge.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/02/w...uits-godzilla-roars.html?pagewanted=all&_r=2&

NY Times article about Ginga and Toku in general

Does anyone still watch this show?

Also: weird

damn you nytimes I can't link to your photos without work

That's a pretty good article. I'm a little worried about a bigger shift to CG, if only because Toei and some of the other studios have actually regressed on that front for the last few years. I guess you can't stop technical progress, though.

I watch the show, but I ended up watching the last few episodes way after they were subbed, and I don't feel comfortable talking about shows after a few days have passed. Plus, Ginga won't start up for another few weeks, so there's not a lot of stuff to talk about.

The clip shows are more entertaining that I expected, though.

Top Bottom