• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

NeonZ

Why can't some other actors return?

Because Toei is cheap. They got Shotaro's actor for the SHT Z net movies, so it's pretty clear that he'd return for something like this, if they bothered attempting to contact him. But they likely got Tsukasa and then said that it'd be enough. It's not different from, say, only Eiji appearing in Ultimatum out of the pre-Fourze Riders (and Fourze is the only pre-Wizard Rider with his actor in the SHT Z movie proper).

Anyway, one of the pictures of the special show Faiz Accel and Kabuto fighting side by side, so at least, it looks like even the suit-only Riders will use their abilities and actually do things, rather than just generic punches.

Also, this will be interesting seeing the multi-verse dynamic appear for the first time in W-verse; since past mentions to Heisei Riders don't make much sense (will the Heisei Riders arrive with Decade, or are they already there?).

According to the spoilers, Wizard will go to another world, ruled by the monster Amadam, and then after being beaten up there, he'll find and use Rider Rings that will summon the other Riders to help him.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I wonder if I can just watch the last two episodes of Wizard and enjoy it. I have no interest on the series itself, but that finale sounds nice...

vareon

I wonder if I can just watch the last two episodes of Wizard and enjoy it. I have no interest on the series itself, but that finale sounds nice...

I still believe Wizard's own story ends in 51. If so, you can treat 52/53 as a mini All Riders movie.

NeonZ

Yeah, it looks like Wizard's villains are beaten by episode 51. So, the crossover conflict in 52/53 should be mostly unrelated, aside from carrying on Wizard himself. The spoilers do mention a connection to Wizard's plot though, but at this point it doesn't sound like it's very important (
the scan says that Amadam's world is the origin of the magical stones
).

No wonder Wizard was bad, it ends up with DEKEIDO

p9x3O22.jpg

Maybe there's another world where Wizard is half as long and Beast gets to do stuff more often.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I love the scan showing off the Riders...you can barely see Fourze's head, the magazine even points him out, and Blade's doing the "behind a wall" Garren impersonation.

Pretty hyped. I'm not too upset with no original actors bar Tsukasa due to the cost and getting everyone together, but I wish they could use some soundbites of each character just so there's the impression they're the original.

They should do a what if this rider series was a sentai and vis versus.

I had a whole idea I wrote up one time for a Kabuto Sentai.

It worked pretty well. Tendou, Daisuke (later Kagami after Drake dies), and Renge (the new Za Bee) as Zect Red, Zect Blue, and Zect Yellow, with Yaguruma and Kageyama as the come-laters, Zect Kicker and Zect Puncher. Tsurugi would be the leader of the bad guys, Hiyori the dark chick who makes the monsters, and Jiiya his loyal servant.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Finally made it through all of Zyuranger.
It's... okay. I still prefer MMPR S1.
Too many damn kids, the Zyurangers themselves had little personality, and the episodes prior to Burai were kind of lame.

Tenumi

Banned
Too many damn kids, the Zyurangers themselves had little personality, and the episodes prior to Burai were kind of lame.

Hmm... interesting. Once I finish Jetman (20 episodes in, so still a bit to go), I'll be starting Zyuranger, and once I finish RPM, I'll be starting a Power Rangers watchthrough, so I'll probably end up watching those along side each other. Should be interesting.

yami4ct

I love his visor. Excellent texture and color. And this is coming from someone who hates oranges.

Your comment just made me realize that Gaim marks the return of compound eyes. Yay! I like the WIzard design and not having compound eyes fits it, but it just doesn't feel like Kamen Rider without it.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I'm watching rescue force now, and while I like the vehicles and serious date, the lead hero is a straight up scrub. He's always hanging from shit or is about to be blown the fuck up. But that break rope tool is hot shit. Also, the helmets visors look nice. Why wasn't the tomica series more of a success?

WillyFive

Yeah, Zyuranger was kinda boring; although I really wish MMPR had adapted more stores from it.

vareon

Heads up TokuGAF, it's a new Kamen Rider game.

http://gematsu.com/2013/08/kamen-rider-travelers-senki-announced-for-3ds

Due out on November 28 in Japan, it is an action adventure game featuring the Riders of the Heisei era. Kamen Rider Wizard, W, and OOO will appear. When a battle starts, the bottom 3DS screen will become the player’s transformation belt, which they can touch to transform. In combat, which adopts the linear motion battle system, players can run in every direction while fighting.
http://gematsu.com/2013/08/kamen-rid...ounced-for-3ds

The same developer from the DS game All Kamen Rider: Rider Generation. It seems to be 3DS only so yeah, region lock and all.

Infinite

Sorry if this question has been asked dozens of times before but what are some good tokusatsu series to get into if you're pretty new to the genre? I'm looking for stuff that has good characters and hilarious interactions between them.

vareon

Sorry if this question has been asked dozens of times before but what are some good tokusatsu series to get into if you're pretty new to the genre? I'm looking for stuff that has good characters and hilarious interactions between them.

First time suggestion time! I always like seeing the different answers here.

For Kamen Rider, I suggest Kamen Rider W. I feel it has the right amount of balance between serious and silly. Others might suggest Den-O or Fourze, and they are good suggestions too.

I'm no expert on Sentai, but I have a lot of friends who get into tokusatsu by watching Gokaiger. Go try it if you don't mind being spoiled for some of the older series' ending because it's an anniversary show. Myself, I got into sentai through Shinkenger.

isny

napkin dispenser
First time suggestion time! I always like seeing the different answers here.

For Kamen Rider, I suggest Kamen Rider W. I feel it has the right amount of balance between serious and silly. Others might suggest Den-O or Fourze, and they are good suggestions too.

I'm no expert on Sentai, but I have a lot of friends who get into tokusatsu by watching Gokaiger. Go try it if you don't mind being spoiled for some of the older series' ending because it's an anniversary show. Myself, I got into sentai through Shinkenger.

Kyoryuger, depsite being the newest series, is actually a great one to jump in with. It's got quite a bit more humour than Gokaiger and Gobusters, and still has 25ish episodes left to go! So in the meantime you can slog through Gokaiger or anything else you find interesting.

The same developer from the DS game All Kamen Rider: Rider Generation. It seems to be 3DS only so yeah, region lock and all.

Sounds good. Onore region lock! Shame they didn't go 3DS/PSP like Lost Heroes.

I got in to Kamen Rider with OOO. The cast is fun and the show is largely driven by their interactions since it kinda forgets it's meant to have a plot for the middle third.

Gokaiger, as mentioned, is a pretty good Super Sentai recommendation; generally easygoing with a good mix of humour with a tad of drama in the character backstories, lots of cool action showcasing lots of suits/powers, and a really good ensemble cast.

And that was the day the dream died. What this means for that other game I get so hype about every year I don't know. But a bit worried though.

I'd suggest the combo of Kabuto & Go-Onger. The last major Toku binge I went on were those 2 shows back to back and they both qualify for what you're looking for in a starter series.

And that was the day the dream died. What this means for that other game I get so hype about every year I don't know. But a bit worried though.

Talkin' Climax Heroes? I could see that going PS3/Vita if/when it switches platforms, or maybe even 3DS/PS3 EX Troopers style.

3DS is the obvious next step in terms of allowing them to keep to the PS2/PSP level of hardware to keep pumping them out cheap and it completely dominating the Japanese market. I could see it getting released on either PS3 or PSV alongside that since the PSP versions tended to sell better, though I guess most of that audience has migrated to 3DS alongside Monster Hunter.

Talkin' Climax Heroes? I could see that going PS3/Vita if/when it switches platforms, or maybe even 3DS/PS3 EX Troopers style.

3DS is the obvious next step in terms of allowing them to keep to the PS2/PSP level of hardware to keep pumping them out cheap and it completely dominating the Japanese market. I could see it getting released on either PS3 or PSV alongside that since the PSP versions tended to sell better, though I guess most of that audience has migrated to 3DS alongside Monster Hunter.

Usually around this time we would've heard something about the when and where. I think this has to do with Gaim starting later than usual which would in proxy mean the game's dropping later. Bandai might just be waiting for TGS to do something. After Battride War I could see the series make that leap from Wii to PS3 for the consoles and PSP to 3DS for the handhelds. I'd rather see it on the Vita for the reasons but as long as I'm able to play the game on something that doesn't require me to buy a brand new system and a system I'm able to record gameplay from then I don't care.

Zynx

How many people here are watching the current Garo?

It's pretty awesome, even though each episode feels so short.

WillyFive

Long was in a good show though; and had you guessing how they were possibly going to defeat him. With Gremlin, you just know Wizard will use Infinity and get it over with.

Shinkenger is a great starting Sentai, since it's traditional and has great characters and stories. It gives you a taste of what a 'normal' Sentai is like before you go out into shows that mix up the formula. But I agree in that Gokaiger and Kyoryuger are great choices as well. Especially Gokaiger, which gives you a small taste of every Sentai that came before it; as well as being an awesome show in it's own right. Sure, it will spoil various shows, so if that bothers you, it's something to think about.

789shadow

Banned
Gokaiger Episode 1

Hey, it's Power Rangers: One Piece! :trolling:

But seriously, Luka is totally Nami with her loaning money............with interest.

Also, them being able to transform into the other Sentai teams is cool as shit.

How long is Zubat/Zvatt? Also wasn't there already someone subbing it before suddenly vanishing?

32, so this is half the show done.

And yeah, I remembered after posting that some had come out before with Hikari Senshi doing timing/releases, previously (which is mentioned in the new release blog post anyway :V). This new batch is the same translator, working with MegaAnon('s group?), comprising the previously translated ten episodes plus seven new releases.

Top Bottom