• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Let's just pretend Wizard ended this episode with Chimera also eating up White Wizard and Gremlin along the way.

Has there ever been a secondary Rider relevant to the final thing before?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
scarybanface.jpg

tumblr_m9whkhxa3d1qciadvo1_500.png

So you're a no fun sorta guy, eh? The more srs bsns the better?

Hahahah

And well I like comedy (I enjoyed Carranger), I just don't like the hyperactive approach.

Also I probably wouldn't enjoy Dekaranger as much if it didn't have Doggie

I suspected Chimera was a big softy.

If the White Wizard could shift to a phantom form, shouldn't all wizards? And I don't been all dragon.

And the Mage suits are terrible.

That's actually what my original prediction of wizards final form lol.

All dragon and infinity form does feel like phantom form that's 'controlled'

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah it's a shame Mage looks so crappy. I really like the designs of all the other Wizards besides that one.

Speaking of crappy Yayoi doesn't seem like she can do as much as the others when transformed. She can call but doesn't really command Plezuon and she can't do armed on. She's like a spirit ranger but alive and can fight with them.

Slayven

Yeah it's a shame Mage looks so crappy. I really like the designs of all the other Wizards besides that one.

Speaking of crappy Yayoi doesn't seem like she can do as much as the others when transformed. She can call but doesn't really command Plezuon and she can't do armed on. She's like a spirit ranger but alive and can fight with them.

Yeah you would think she would have built something for herself.

WillyFive

It seems a lot of Sentai shows become "The Red Ranger Show" after a while. Go-Busters, Goseiger, Shinkenger, Gekiranger, Maskman, etc. had this happen a lot. Weirdly enough, although Magiranger didn't suffer much from it, Power Rangers Mystic Force did.

Although, to be fair, in Kyoryuger the worst of it is Daigo grabbing all the toys for himself rather than hogging the most story time.

ReiGun

I watched the first two episodes of Wizard and now I'm watching the final three. I'm cool with that being the extent of my Wizard watching.

49 was cool. I actually think Hyper Beast is kind of cool.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

I guess that's because she's the young kid that just happens to be a Kyoryuger. Her grandpa was the true Violet (and he kicked some ass). She just inherited the Gun and happens to have enough bravery to transform. I get that she's mostly a smart programmer, swan-san style. I also think she behaves as if she was younger than even Amy, by having a crush on Daigo and so on...

(my english is not at it's best today, jesus fuck)

That's what I get from it anyway.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I watched the first two episodes of Wizard and now I'm watching the final three. I'm cool with that being the extent of my Wizard watching.

49 was cool. I actually think Hyper Beast is kind of cool.

I actually like most of the Gate plots I've watched in Wizard.

They got pretty good, sympathetic COTD mostly.

So king goes dancing and gets powered up?

I hate, hate, hate, red only powerups.

I like that they sorta explain why in this one, Yayoi who made the overcharge battery is infatuated with Daigo so she is focusing on making power ups for him looks like more are coming as well. Gold also doesn't need to get anymore powerful the guy can probably beat all the bad guys alone. The other rangers have armor options at the start of the series as well and they can all use the Deinosgrander upgrade if they want.

NeonZ

I suspected Chimera was a big softy.

If the White Wizard could shift to a phantom form, shouldn't all wizards? And I don't been all dragon.

The white Wizard's phantom form was said to be an artificial phantom. I don't think it's the same as the phantoms in the other mages/wizards.

Looks a lot better than I expected. Figured it'd be a trainwreck, but based on the trailer I'm actually interested in watching it now. Interesting to see that they're doing more with the question of his humanity that kinda came up throughout and towards the end of the first movie but then got thrown out for the sequels.

Not a fan of the black suit though. The silver version still looks cool.

LostAnkh

Looks a lot better than I expected. Figured it'd be a trainwreck, but based on the trailer I'm actually interested in watching it now. Interesting to see that they're doing more with the question of his humanity that kinda came up throughout and towards the end of the first movie but then got thrown out for the sequels.

Not a fan of the black suit though. The silver version still looks cool.

vareon

Robocop could be good, could be bad...the trailer was pretty meh to be honest. "Yep, it's a Robocop reboot."

Did they use suits or all of it are CG? Couldn't tell from my phone.

WillyFive

First trailer for Kamen Rider: Travelers Senki, a new Kamen Rider videogame with Gaim in it.

Also, an updated plot summary for Super Megaforce:

Power Rangers Super Megaforce took place after the rangers defeated the Warstar villains. Now the ruthless Prince Vekar has arrived with his massive alien Armada to conquer the earth. To face this threat, Gosei, a supernatural guardian who has protected Earth for centuries, gives the Rangers special morphers and keys, which allow them to morph into Super Megaforce Rangers. The Rangers also have an added special ability to morph into any team of Power Rangers from the past. These super-sized adventures can only mean one thing: the all-new Power Rangers Super Megaforce has arrived!

Power Rangers Super Megaforce is the 21st season of Power Rangers continuing the celebration of the series 20th anniversary. Coming this 2014.

Prince Vekar = Warz Gill

and Megaforce returns tomorrow.

Robocop could be good, could be bad...the trailer was pretty meh to be honest. "Yep, it's a Robocop reboot."

Did they use suits or all of it are CG? Couldn't tell from my phone.

Outside of that one scene that is in the gif; it's a real suit.

Tenumi

Banned
Also, an updated plot summary for Super Megaforce:

Prince Vekar = Warz Gill

and Megaforce returns tomorrow.

Don't mind that name. Goes well with Vrak, if they're going with that Vrak/Vekar brothers thing. I wonder what
Ackdos Gill
will be named, then.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Megaforce comes back tomorrow. About damn time. Nickelodeon is really mistreating the franchise.

I'm pretty sure there IS no Japanese 2DS. It's not being released over there.

In other news, it appears Toei is finally joining the 21st century and starting up an internet TV channel (pay, not free) with simulcasts of stuff like Rider and Sentai. The channel is starting this month, and is Japanese-only, but within the next year or so they'll be adding English subtitles.

Ooh, that's interesting. I look forward to the subtitled releases.

shaowebb

Guys...Toei has announced they are bringing Tokusatsu to the US officially

Internet streaming channel. It will be gaining english subtitles within the year so that non Japanese speaking US residents (and others I suppose) can use it. Hurray!
I'm pretty sure there IS no Japanese 2DS. It's not being released over there.

In other news, it appears Toei is finally joining the 21st century and starting up an internet TV channel (pay, not free) with simulcasts of stuff like Rider and Sentai. The channel is starting this month, and is Japanese-only, but within the next year or so they'll be adding English subtitles.

Damn beaten!

WillyFive

I hope they get someone like Overtime, GUIS, or various available Toku fan groups to sub them. The official subs for the Kamen Rider manga were laughable. And if means finally being able to watch old series in HD in a convenient way, I'd pay for that.

shaowebb

Im just wandering how many of the older Toku shows if any will be on this channel? Zubat? Kikaider? Metal Heroes? Space Sheriff? Inazuman?

There were a lot of characters we never got and it'd be nice to get the whole thing.

IIn other news, it appears Toei is finally joining the 21st century and starting up an internet TV channel (pay, not free) with simulcasts of stuff like Rider and Sentai. The channel is starting this month, and is Japanese-only, but within the next year or so they'll be adding English subtitles.

Bet this will be region locked to US IPs and groups like Over-Time will drop shows like Kamen Rider and Super Sentai because they're now getting legitimate distribution, meaning the English-language fans outside of the US will be left high and dry.

Though I guess it depends on the actual composition of groups. I know Magenta is from the UK so such a thing wouldn't affect him translating. Not sure about the rest of Over-Time, though. Or that anyone would bother when there's an English version out there, even if it's unavailable to people.

e: Happened to glance at my Last.fm profile when this play number rolled over.

RSt7guS.png

STANDING BY

I seriously wonder how Toei would sub their stuff

You're from the Philippines, right? (or maybe I'm misremembering) The OP says Akibaranger 2 is on Bandai's Youtube channel and should be available to you if so. That could give you an idea.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Bet this will be region locked to US IPs and groups like Over-Time will drop shows like Kamen Rider and Super Sentai because they're now getting legitimate distribution, meaning the English-language fans outside of the US will be left high and dry.

Though I guess it depends on the actual composition of groups. I know Magenta is from the UK so such a thing wouldn't affect him translating. Not sure about the rest of Over-Time, though. Or that anyone would bother when there's an English version out there, even if it's unavailable to people.

The same could be said about Crackle Crunchyroll, but people just rip and release that instead.

Someone would probably rip their content like what happens with crunchyroll releases.

WillyFive

You're from the Philippines, right? (or maybe I'm misremembering) The OP says Akibaranger 2 is on Bandai's Youtube channel and should be available to you if so. That could give you an idea.

That reminds me, I need to update the OP with Gaim, Ginga, and the various new movies and games that have been announced since then. :eek:

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Megaforce 10

I really don't get the point of changing Gosei Ground to Gosei Grand if you're not going to bother changing the name on the cards. I like to think kids are smart enough to notice.

Top Bottom