• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

Slayven

I remmeber when I didn't know anybetter and brought Bootlegs off EBay. Their Japanese turn Chinese turn English sometimes made more sense than TVN.

LostAnkh

I remmeber when I didn't know anybetter and brought Bootlegs off EBay. Their Japanese turn Chinese turn English sometimes made more sense than TVN.
KAIZOKU GAORANGER IS TOTALLY LEGIT.
GaorangerKaizoku-9648-600.jpg

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Gaim's non-orange sword is a gun at the hilt and it looks weird when he shoots it.

Also Nitou is still the best

http://i.imgur.com/EPEaf3Q.jpg

Reminds me of Kaixa's weird cross-gun thing...

This whole episode was really cheesy and low-budget, but Gaim's fight scene was pretty neat and I liked the music that played, so I'm looking forward to his show quite a bit still.

Watch Da Birdie

I have to stomach Gaim's flappy shoulders for a year, right? So be it then.

It looks like they're giving him a rather fitting slow-and-powerful style of fighting, so that'll hopefully reduce the flap.

Man I'm spoiled now after Garo season 3.

Bar is a bit too high now. I felt a few episodes have some questionable execution. Acting was fine from everyone except those few moment where Takeru had an emotional break down. CGI work was way better than I originally thought too.

First time since GoBusters episode 1 I watched an episode raw, and Wizard 52 just had me going "wut" the entire time. I got really really hype when Gaim showed up though. Good episode for that alone.

shaowebb

Oh lord and when he attacks in a circle the special effect is a halved orange shape that explodes.

So lets see...when their were rumors their was talk of the next rider being Sengoku. Then there was rumors of dancing and fighting boogies. Then there was fruit and also something like pokemon battles involving robot toys.

I think Gaim is all of those isn't it? Is Gaim the amalgamation of several pitched themes or something? He's such a bizarre premise...I dig the look of the orange blade though. Its so cheesey I like it.

BTW what about TGS? Is there no Super Climax Heroes or All Generation 3 announced yet? Did they only announce the RPG because I can't really play through that given it'll be text required to enjoy.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Hey guys, I just wanted to share with you a little love letter tokusatsu that I starred in and launched today. If you have a second to watch it, I hope you like it!

navEHyr.jpg

Watch Me Here

Thanks guys, it's a fun little after school special, with a 6" lobster and a free science lesson!

Midonin

It captures the wackiness of the TV series (I have never seen the TV series) well enough, and makes it a little sexier in a few places. Following a hero when he's middle-aged is a nice twist on the formula - it ends up being a story about family bonding as much as it is about stopping cyborgs from taking over the city. I'd recommend it just for how weird it is.

WillyFive

Hey guys, I just wanted to share with you a little love letter tokusatsu that I starred in and launched today. If you have a second to watch it, I hope you like it!

Tell your friends that I'd like to see them make more some day. That was fantastic. I loved the special effects, the music, the sound effects, it was very entertaining.

WillyFive

ibt8tdguCtl4uG.gif

What the fuck was that Wizard episode? What the HELL was going on?

I think it's settled now... Decade > Wizard

The episode felt pretty much like a Decade episode anyway, with changes made to the world for no good reason and the villain plot being weird. Heck, he even appears in the second act.

The episode felt pretty much like a Decade episode anyway, with changes made to the world for no good reason and the villain plot being weird. Heck, he even appears in the second act.[/QUOTE]

It was worse than a Decade episode! They tried to explain it with a yellow Disco ball in the sky that people just came across at random times and there was no phony plot...just Riders everywhere.

Watch Da Birdie

< points to avatar

This is the best one. :)

Anyway, there's some more Movie Wars Sengoku rumors being posted around the japanese boards and such, there's so many of them I've seen from people who are at the filming, but the newest one says Nobunaga is back from Movie Wars Core, and apparently we might see an Arthropod OOO Combo. :0

Slayven

Tyhat epsiode of Wizard was jsut odd. Like they didn't know they were doing it before hand. And why is Decade the only rider allowed to return?

Tenumi

Banned
Since I'll be watching Gaim, is it a good idea to watch these last couple Wizard episodes, or am I going to be good going in on Gaim's first episode?

Midonin

It's just a cameo appearance. Similar to those in the summer movies. Neat little bonus if you want to see it, but not strictly necessary.

vareon

Since I'll be watching Gaim, is it a good idea to watch these last couple Wizard episodes, or am I going to be good going in on Gaim's first episode?

This episode is not supposed to be taken seriously, it's just a way so that the writers can write all the riders in the most ridiculous fashion. It's pretty fun.

Constantly startled Haruto is the best Haruto.

Watch Da Birdie

This episode is not supposed to be taken seriously, it's just a way so that the writers can write all the riders in the most ridiculous fashion. It's pretty fun.

Constantly startled Haruto is the best Haruto.

Pretty sure the reason for it is that there were some issues with Gaim or something and it had to be moved back a bit...but who knows if this is true.

well at least we saw Gaim orange aoe move lol.

but yeah... not like this.

It is about time Decade got his own movie exclusive new form right? he come around enough.

The new Kyoryuger episode was pretty good. Just a fun little episode. I really hope my boy Endalf comes back soon, he's probably the most interesting villain this show had.

The Wizzlecade 15th Heisei Rider Anniversary Celebration Spectacular (featuring Gaim) Part 1 was pretty good. I mean it's off the wall bonkers and hardly makes any sense, but it's dumb fun in it's purest form. I loved the W/Fourze/Faiz Accel/Kabuto fight scene a whole lot and the Gaim introduction at the end was really good and managed to get me even more hyped (didn't know it was possible) for his show. It's gonna be really cool, I can already tell.

also this episode is the best Haruto's been in ages. He made me laugh a whole bunch in the beginning when he was just freaking out about everything.

Can't wait to see Decade again next episode!

yep, totally last minute with w/e rider suits they got around. The highspeed effect used for faiz/kabuto looked sooo bad haha.

i do agree haruto being goofy is best haruto.

Did they forgot to put 'hit sparks' where gaim's swords connect with baddies? Just looked really weird.

Watch Da Birdie

Some people think since regular Gaim is filming, they used one of the cheaper stunt suits for his scene in this episode, explaining why it's so floppy...

I also bet we won't see Kota anymore in the next episode outside of the Gaim suit (I guess it's really supposed to be "Gaim" too, since he didn't pronounce the "u" at all)

WillyFive

Toei has trademarked the name for the 2014 Sentai series: Ressha Sentai Tokkyuger

It’s now confirmed through the trademark databases! The next Super Sentai for 2014 is called, Ressha Sentai Tokkyuger (&#28872;&#36554;&#25126;&#38538;&#12488;&#12483;&#12461;&#12517;&#12454;&#12472;&#12515;&#12540;)!
The title Ressha is a pun on the Japanese word ressha, which means train using the kanji characters for &#28872;&#36554; vehement car instead of the usual &#21015;&#36554; line car. While Tokkyu means limited express train. Our new Super Sentai will most likely be train-based!

Watch Da Birdie

The Rangers are going to be a four-man team consisting of Red, Blue, Yellow, and for the first time ever, Purple.

Top Bottom