• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

teamgaimhitsthestageg3qqg.gif

Gaim at a baseball game:
http://youtu.be/kiMxDJX0y5g

You get to hear the OP theme a bit clearly here, sounds nice!

WillyFive

Toei/TV Asahi/Bandai advertising at a baseball game, nice.

They went all out for the Wizard premiere last year, and got really great ratings at first, but then people saw the show and lost a great deal of them. And Kyoryuger still hasn't been able to get out of the ratings hole that Go-Busters dug up. I don't know what they can do to get ratings back up, other than just move to a different timeslot. It worked before, after all.

Also, Secondary Education ended up on Henshin Justice Unlimited.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Seems Gaim's catchphrase according to a little promo poster is:

Ore? Orange?

"Me? Orange!"

I wonder how O-T will translate that pun?

I'm pretty sure I heard Gaim say that in the Crossover. I also noticed that he didn't know what a Kamen Rider was till Wizard told him, so it looks like the term might not be used in-series.

WillyFive

Ore? Orange?

"Me? Orange!"

I'm pretty sure I heard Gaim say that in the Crossover. I also noticed that he didn't know what a Kamen Rider was till Wizard told him, so it looks like the term might not be used in-series.

Same with Wizard, he didn't know what one was until Fourze told him. Very different from W and Fourze when they knew what Kamen Riders were already.

Also, seems like TV-N and MegaAnon are having a subbing war with Megaranger. Usually TV-N is behind MegaAnon, but they released 29 before MegaAnon did. I downloaded the new Decade subs from MFC, and I understand it a lot better now. I mean, it's still Decade, but I had no idea Tsukasa wasn't the girl's sister.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Ore? Orange?

"Me? Orange!"

Another generation of not knowing they are riders. I wonder if there's a reason for that.

From what you can hear in the baseball video, Gaim has a pretty kickass opening. That chorus is really really nice. Evil Gaim really surprised me and I really hope it's a blood orange rider.

Watch Da Birdie

Also, apparently Kota spends the first episode of Gaim practicing his poses and such when he first gets the Lock-Seed.

I guess that's the context of the picture on the official site showing him trying to hide behind a door from his sister.

Also, apparently Kota spends the first episode of Gaim practicing his poses and such when he first gets the Lock-Seed.

I guess that's the context of the picture on the official site showing him trying to hide behind a door from his sister.

I'm really happy about this if it's true. This should make for a really great scene.

WillyFive

OT got up to 15 already?

Not Over-Time, but TV-Nihon. They have been racing to get their subs out before the other sub groups (they got ahead of MegaAnon on Megaranger and ahead of O-T on Timeranger).

Yeah, it's TV-Nihon, but the episode is still great. Then again, I saw the whole show already and I still thought it was one of the best Sentai series out there.

WillyFive

1st half of Megaforce is now on Netflix, and Saban, Bandai and Nick just announced that their partnership has been extended until 2016. So expect Go-Busters and Kyoryuger to premiere on Nick and not Vortexx (meaning those hoping for the end of the 20 episode seasons will be at a loss). But hey, Nick actually has viewers, and PR ratings are as high as they've been in a LONG time, so it was a logical decision.

Also, here's some Toku pre-production concept art of Kabuto, Kabuto again, and Den-O. And here's the pre-production suits for Dynaman back when they were still a Baseball Sentai:

skTE22u.jpg

and the original concept art for Battle Fever J:

I1Qa3jJ.png

Why didn't we get these?

Here's a book with pre-production concept art for all the Sentai robots.

Kyoryuger 31

Nossan episodes are my favorite episodes. And Kyoryuger continues their good-episode streak.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
1st half of Megaforce is now on Netflix, and Saban, Bandai and Nick just announced that their partnership has been extended until 2016. So expect Go-Busters and Kyoryuger to premiere on Nick and not Vortexx (meaning those hoping for the end of the 20 episode seasons will be at a loss). But hey, Nick actually has viewers, and PR ratings are as high as they've been in a LONG time, so it was a logical decision

Ratings are good? That's interesting. Still, the 20 episode seasons are annoying, especially when they take long breaks in the summer.
Makes me wonder why they screwed over Digimon so badly.

On the other side of the ocean, I've been going through Dairanger. Made it up to Episode 17 today. Kou is a little turd that needs to get slapped.
Still, I'm enjoying Dairanger more than Zyuranger. At least the characters have more personality than cardboard.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
1st half of Megaforce is now on Netflix, and Saban, Bandai and Nick just announced that their partnership has been extended until 2016. So expect Go-Busters and Kyoryuger to premiere on Nick and not Vortexx (meaning those hoping for the end of the 20 episode seasons will be at a loss). But hey, Nick actually has viewers, and PR ratings are as high as they've been in a LONG time, so it was a logical decision.

Also, here's some Toku pre-production concept art of Kabuto, Kabuto again, and Den-O. And here's the pre-production suits for Dynaman back when they were still a Baseball Sentai:

skTE22u.jpg

and the original concept art for Battle Fever J:

I1Qa3jJ.png

Why didn't we get these?

Here's a book with pre-production concept art for all the Sentai robots.

im hoping we get a dynaman drop if akibaranger ever comes back.

Honestly, I wouldn't even mind shorter seasons if they just went whole hog at it. None of the <season>/Super <season> split seasons like Samurai and Megaforce, just one self-contained arc a year. Really pare it down, cherry pick the best of the Sentai footage to suit the show and make as focused a season as you can.

That'd work better with an extra five or so episodes a year, though.

Tenumi

Banned
Honestly, I wouldn't even mind shorter seasons if they just went whole hog at it. None of the <season>/Super <season> split seasons like Samurai and Megaforce, just one self-contained arc a year. Really pare it down, cherry pick the best of the Sentai footage to suit the show and make as focused a season as you can.

That'd work better with an extra five or so episodes a year, though.

That would be great. Nothing wrong with a "shorter" season if they can make it well and focused.

I've been pushing through on Jetman now. 30 episodes down. Once I finish that, on to Zyuranger, and perhaps simultaneously, MMPR.

Watch Da Birdie

Seems there's two additional Dance Teams in Kamen Rider Gaim appearing soon via some magazine, Team RaidWild and Team Invit.

I wonder if one of them will end up being Greedon.

WillyFive

So no one is going to comment on Nossan sleeping with his sister, or his sister's brave waking King up?

Them sleeping on the floor doesn't seem weird to me, since it's established they are in hard times. The blue glow from his sister did raise my eyebrows, but didn't think much about it afterwards.

The Shinkenger-style roll call got my attention more.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Triple Drill Cream got my attention more.

I wonder if I've missed any references throughout the show. The earliest one I remember was the Paramonsters wearing the Shinkenger goober's armor.

WillyFive

ifS5IqAc9G9Pa.gif

Stage shows are amazing sometimes, especially since it's all live stunt work.

Also, the last episode of the Wizard/Decade special was absolutely fantastic. It really paid off.

Slayven

Them sleeping on the floor doesn't seem weird to me, since it's established they are in hard times. The blue glow from his sister did raise my eyebrows, but didn't think much about it afterwards.

The Shinkenger-style roll call got my attention more.

Well Kyoy been good abotu calling back to to stuff so we will probably get an explanation soon. Hell we might get a 3 female brave in.

Kyoryuger's new episode was pretty great. I've loved all of the Nossan focused episodes thus far, but holy smokes I'm excited for the next episode, it just looks so damned ridiculous. I mean a basketball game? Really? I love it.

The second half of the Wizzles and DIKKEIDO 15th heisei anniversary extravaganza was pretty good and I enjoyed it more than last week's episode. It's still mindless fun and incredibly disjointed, like it hardly made any sense. Undoubtedly the best part of the special was everything involving Gaim. He made me laugh quite a bit during the episode and his suit actor gives it a whole lot of character.

Let's just say I'm very hopeful and excited for next week's Super Hero Time.

shaowebb

Just watched ep 31 of Kamen Rider Blade. Its been weeks since I last watched after that whole Aikawa meets his twin and becomes a comedy character 2 parter. Thankfully as a reward ep 31 marks the end of Blade Brave as the intro song! Hurray. I really didn't enjoy Blade Brave. Plus the whole thing with Aikawa's character secrets are finally coming out into the open so its getting pretty nice in here.

BTW is there any chance of more Kamen Rider games being announced before X-mas? I was really hoping to shoot for an import this holiday out of the usual batch of X-mas cash I receive.

vareon

BTW is there any chance of more Kamen Rider games being announced before X-mas? I was really hoping to shoot for an import this holiday out of the usual batch of X-mas cash I receive.

Even if there are, there's no chance they are going to be released this X-mas. The toys should be good for x-mas purchases!

shaowebb

Even if there are, there's no chance they are going to be released this X-mas. The toys should be good for x-mas purchases!

Pass. Cash is a little too tight just to buy figures or toys. Games go further so if theres X-mas cash I'd dip for a game but otherwise I'll hold off on this hobby. This time next year though things should change. I'll be working for industrial companies locally next fall at a decent living and should have occassional funds to buy the random treat or something from the toyline then. Likely though, any extra funds earned will go into funding a game project I'll be working on independently then. EF 12 is looking like an engine I will be learning soon.

Top Bottom