• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Hey remember last year when people thought Kyoryuger was going to be Dinosaur trains?

I wonder how many of the rumors are actual pre-production ideas that are leaked and how many are complete bullshit. I'd assume most is complete bullshit but some ideas did manifest in the show in some form.

Like there was one rumor that had the Kyoryugers traveling through time. That obviously doesn't happen but there are Kyoryugers that come from different time periods.

WillyFive

Shows probably change dramatically during pre-production. What may have been a legit leak can become outdated very quickly.

For example, before Go-Busters was revealed, there were rumors that Gavan was going to be the team's mentor. Obviously that didn't happen, but Gavan ended up being the mentor of New Gavan in the Gavan movie, and the new guy even appeared in the Go-Busters TV show itself.

ChoBio-Bio_Hunter_Silva.jpg

And an old rumor was that there was going to be he tribute episode of Bioman where they fought Bio Hunter Silver, because Toei had apparently built the suit. That tribute didn't happen, but Bio Hunter Silver ended up appearing for no reason in Superhero Taisen.

Those rumors ended up being wrong, but there are coincidences that might suggest they were at one point correct.

vareon

There's a scan of Gaim headbutting a monster with his yet-to-be-transformed giant orange head. Also, pineapple flail. Tokusatsu is saved.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Also first scans about Movie Wars 2013...

Koyomi's back as the White Wizard, and Wizard fights some dude named "Olga" (not the Rider).

In the Gaim Part, they have to stop a Rider Sengoku War, and we see Faiz fighting Hibiki.

Chimeras gonna come back, having seen the world and being satisfied. Just like how eventually gentarou will get the fourze driver back despite destroying it because it's a part of him.

or time travel.

I don't think wizard can ever be down for the count when he can just shit out another infinity ring if he gets the feels :)

shaowebb

I just hope with so many new Riders in Gaim at least one is a power wrestler. Still sore that Beast never truly lived up to that and only sort of did tough guy things here and there in between showing off goofy powers. So would've liked him to do musclebusters instead of gunshot finales.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I just hope with so many new Riders in Gaim at least one is a power wrestler. Still sore that Beast never truly lived up to that and only sort of did tough guy things here and there in between showing off goofy powers. So would've liked him to do musclebusters instead of gunshot finales.

i was hoping for more wrestling. but beast got hosed in general. i never thought they would make a secondary rider look so useless considering his moveset, but there you go. they draked him. and that sucks.

WillyFive

The twist in Go-Busters episode 16 when J re-materializes Jin after the robot kills him is hands-down the best moment in the entire show. That one scene changed the entire show.

vareon

Does anyone here know how to get "tokusatsu-ish" sound effects? You know, like Kamen Rider's jump or punch or something like that?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Megaforce 12

I agree with Noah, those jokes were terrible.
It's always interesting to see the episodes which are beat-for-beat retellings of the original Sentai.

BatDan

why saban

Yikes. Yeah that was weird. Those were meant to be funny?

I heard a theory why Gokaiger is being mixed with Megaforce next year. The heroes are pirates, and for some reason having heroic pirates is a bad thing in the West. Though that's probably a crock of shit and there's other (dumber) reasons they're doing this.

WillyFive

I heard a theory why Gokaiger is being mixed with Megaforce next year. The heroes are pirates, and for some reason having heroic pirates is a bad thing in the West. Though that's probably a crock of shit and there's other (dumber) reasons they're doing this.

My guess is that they contracted the actors to a 40 episode season, but Nick wants to do 20 episodes a season. After seeing how this got Samurai stretched to two years, Saban just gave up and decided to adapt Goseiger and Gokaiger into one season using the same cast. This way they get one season a year and they don't continue to fall farther back behind the Sentai.

But of course, your last sentence still applies to what I wrote.

They probably didn't think they would have enough Sentai footage with american rangers only and would have to shoot new footage so they probably wanted to reduce the amount of possible Gokaiger episodes.

Tenumi

Banned

I've heard that, but I've never put any weight into it because there are kids shows with heroic, or at least good, pirates.

My guess is that they contracted the actors to a 40 episode season, but Nick wants to do 20 episodes a season. After seeing how this got Samurai stretched to two years, Saban just gave up and decided to adapt Goseiger and Gokaiger into one season using the same cast. This way they get one season a year and they don't continue to fall farther back behind the Sentai.

But of course, your last sentence still applies to what I wrote.

My vote tends to go towards this...

They probably didn't think they would have enough Sentai footage with american rangers only and would have to shoot new footage so they probably wanted to reduce the amount of possible episodes of Gokaiger episodes.

...and this as well.

BatDan

They probably didn't think they would have enough Sentai footage with american rangers only and would have to shoot new footage so they probably wanted to reduce the amount of possible episodes of Gokaiger episodes.

That makes sense. Though the trailer for Super Megaforce did show the Dairanger costumes, and that was never made into Power Rangers.
Maybe they'll handwave the other costumes as "Power Rangers from another time" or something.
Not like it really matters since the target audience would be too young to even remember the original Saban series.

I've heard that, but I've never put any weight into it because there are kids shows with heroic, or at least good, pirates.

True. There's Pirates of Dark Water, One Piece... I'm sure there's others.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Whoa, the second episode of the Wizard Crossover was way better than the first...lots of cool CG, Castle Doran, Dragoredder, the Denliner, and even forms like Jack Blade and Hibiki Kurenai popped up.

Top Bottom