• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I would definitely mind. Yeesh, I really don't want to have to resort to watching TV-N

But don't you want the full Japanese experience? It is a Samurai theme after all .What with all the -san, -sama, and -tachi's.

tumblr_mtfnloWMKI1s4ltl4o1_500.png

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Cool!

I skimmed through the RAW of Gaim 1 and liked what I saw. The fight scene wasn't that great, but I enjoyed how Gaim stumbled around when he first transformed instead of becoming an instant master.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
MT0zYhW.gif

I really think going for a rookie Rider getting used to his abilities is way better than a Wizard situation where he was an instant master.

WillyFive

Yeah, I loved how he figured out and learned what each thing does while he was fighting. It felt natural without having us be frustrated at someone who doesn't know how to fight.

i53VinrYjY9v3.gif

vareon

Fourze (and OOO) was a rookie rider for the first, remember? And Gentarou keep on commenting the absurdity of some switches, like why the hell a hand switch was put on the leg.

TV-N will probably pick it up. They pick up everything. And their work will probably inspire some other subbers to pick it up.

Yeah, let's hope so.

shaowebb

Okay what in the hell is this OOO's transformation and where can I see it?

HlxKaax.jpg

Why does his driver now have 6 slots for the "Action Squidipus" transformation? O_O

vareon

The SIC Hero Saga books are the only place you can see it other than the artist's workshop. SIC Hero Saga is a collection of sculpts, accompanied by a short story that gave it context. The stories usually expand upon the untouched elements in the original story, such as this one in OOO.

Other concepts include, for example, Garren King Form (since in theory he can do it) and Armed Hibiki's "actual" design.

asMYZVj.jpg

At time they might sell the sculptures as SIC, but it's been a long time since they did it.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

I was right? Maybe?

Ah I bet they still do it anyway.

I just want Shinkenger

edit: AzraelNewtype says:
October 6, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Correct. Æsir is doing it, with basically the entirety of the same people who would be doing it for us, minus Heat. It’s a branding switch as much as anything else.

I don’t know that Mags actually announced this publicly himself yet though…

So they are doing it, basically.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
The SIC Hero Saga books are the only place you can see it other than the artist's workshop. SIC Hero Saga is a collection of sculpts, accompanied by a short story that gave it context. The stories usually expand upon the untouched elements in the original story, such as this one in OOO.

Other concepts include, for example, Garren King Form (since in theory he can do it) and Armed Hibiki's "actual" design.

asMYZVj.jpg

At time they might sell the sculptures as SIC, but it's been a long time since they did it.

theres something about the organic look of sic riders that just clicks with me. they dont look like they make good action figures, but great statuettes

Can anyone attest to the speed of Aesir subs and if it'll be comparable to how quick OT's were?

I didn't watch their stuff, but looking at the archives the alternate Fourze release Magenta was doing tended to be a few days after the proper Over-Time one. Time should be comparable to an Over-Time release given it's basically the same people doing the show under a different banner.

At worst, releases will probably fall between what's usually expected of O-T and the week-ish late we expect from Takenoko-tachi.

So which san-tachi will be doing Gaim?

Magenta-san-tachi, who was translator for Over-Time's Go-Busters releases, did some secondary translating and editing for the Gokaiger and helped out with OOO (not sure how specifically, only thing I know for certain is he did an alternate translation for their Time Judged All PV release).

Slayven

theres something about the organic look of sic riders that just clicks with me. they dont look like they make good action figures, but great statuettes

If I ever hit the powerball I am going to commission life sized versions of my favorite riders to line the foyer in my mansion.

It's amazing they managed to hit on all their themes in the first ep.

Pokemon Battles
Dance battles
Shady corpration
Locks on locks on locks
Transdimsenol fruit.
And they threw in a Rider War and a JRPG mysterious girl.

not entirely sure whats going on, but protag is fun. first fight was fun. like how there is some effort with how things are put together with the gear, like faiz.

#teamorange

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Too many things going on in Gaim. If they could take away just one, namely the street dancing, it'd be better for it. I did enjoy the episode though. Kyoryuger is the best

vareon

Too many things going on in Gaim. If they could take away just one, namely the street dancing, it'd be better for it. I did enjoy the episode though. Kyoryuger is the best

Street dancing teams was meant to represent factions in the war. I guess they really want to make a lighthearted version of young rebels. If it were me, I'd take out the Inbess fighting, which doesn't feel natural. Then again, maybe they don't want Lock Seeds to be another Memory/Switch.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Street dancing teams was meant to represent factions in the war. I guess they really want to make a lighthearted version of young rebels. If it were me, I'd take out the Inbess fighting, which doesn't feel natural. Then again, maybe they don't want Lock Seeds to be another Memory/Switch.

It really is just the shittyness of "we gotta sell SOMETHING". They can't sell "street dancing", but they can sell "collect them all!" locks. They kinda serve the same purpose: To create something that the people can compete with. One is a marketing thing (the locks) and the other is a story beat thing (the dancing). Also, I'm sure all the locks come from Yggdrasil corp,
just like how everything bad came from that corporation in Faiz

The dancing had such a small part on this first episode that I'm ok with it. Also, I'm digging the "jet set radioooooo" feeling of Neo-Tokyo Rollerblade dancing street thugs, with a DJ and everything.

I liked the tempo of the episode, for the lack of a better word. I guess I'm finally watching a Kamen Rider from the start again.

jwk94

I'm not sure how I feel about Gaim. As someone else mentioned, there's too much going on. That first episode was busy as hell. Main character has two jobs, used to break dance, lives with his sister since his parents are dead, ok. There was a Rider War (again) over....token destiny girl?? So confused. Now for some reason kids fight with these Lock Seeds which are distributed by a crack dealer for what purpose? To control the streets??

vareon

I'm guessing the opening war wasn't meant to be taken literally, it's just an illustration of factions facing each other for some reason with Zangetsu's faction being superior.

After a second viewing, I feel that the first episode is more similar to the first episode of an anime. It's not that there are too many things going on, it's just that everything is more established than the previous shows. As of now, I have no reason to doubt Urobuchi is going to leave these plot unexplored and not tied together somehow.

Top Bottom