• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Deka Dog is some furry shit

the best kind of furry

The SPD suit had far better animatronics than Doggie with his unmovable mouth; but the design itself is not as striking and cool as the original. Honestly, it's a pretty lame downgrade. I guess Disney felt that he needed to have scales to be an alien....

The character itself was more likable than the original though, in my opinion.

Eh I dunno. Doggie had more going for it than Anubis who only had moments towards the end. He was also far stricter but at the same time always in shenanigans.

It may be blasphemy around here, but I always have preferred the SPD Doggie suit over the Dekaranger Doggie suit.

Just my opinion though. Still want to watch Dekaranger sometime.
Doggie suit was crap early on in in Dekaranger. His mouth barely moves (or sometimes won't move at all) and it doesn't go well with the dialog. It gets better midway through, that even the suit actor could perform feats with it.

What I like about Deka Doggie suit is that it feels more... "organic" than the SPD suit despite looking better. Primarily because Doggie moves more than Anubis and well, fanservice.

SoilBreak

Banned
I've been running Kamen Rider Wizard all night. It's my first of these shows since Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I was hooked by a gif posted in the OT forum. I'm a little worried by the posts in this thread that say the show is shit though.

Watch something else. Like W or Agito

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I've been running Kamen Rider Wizard all night. It's my first of these shows since Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I was hooked by a gif posted in the OT forum. I'm a little worried by the posts in this thread that say the show is shit though.

Oh wait I also watched that movie with like 34 teams in it yesterday.
What gif was it?

WillyFive

Oh wait I also watched that movie with like 34 teams in it yesterday.

Well, maybe you'll like it, since it's your first show and you can only go up from there.

there is nothing particularly shit about wizard... its just boring and repetitive. it does have its moments though, and its still easily got the best fight choreography of modern KR, so its usually pretty fun to watch.

Boss Doggie

there is nothing particularly shit about wizard... its just boring and repetitive. it does have its moments though, and its still easily got the best fight choreography of modern KR, so its usually pretty fun to watch.

I beg to differ. Twirling around isn't good choreography

WillyFive

and its still easily got the best fight choreography of modern KR

It's better than the stuff we had during OOO, W, and everything Heisei before it; but the king of Kamen Rider choreography still goes to Sakamoto with his Rider movies (A to Z, Accel, Eternal, Megamax, Fourze: The Movie, and Ultimatum).

I beg to differ. Twirling around isn't good choreography
True, but better than typical KR fights which feel like drunk hobo boxing.

It's better than the stuff we had during OOO, W, and everything Heisei before it; but the king of Kamen Rider choreography still goes to Sakamoto with his Rider movies (A to Z, Accel, Eternal, Megamax, Fourze: The Movie, and Ultimatum).

True! those w movies... if only the show had remotely as fun to watch fights.

karasu

I'll check out W and Agito too. I think I watched W movie already. It's labeled as Kamen Rider 000 and Kamen Rider W The Movie

What gif was it?

The one you posted:

iboqadbH093asw.gif

All of that style got me pumped.

vareon

"Plain sugar" is really the best analogy for Wizard. You can't not like plain sugar donuts.

shaowebb

So I finally finished my circuitry and process tech exams this week and I had a moment to myself to just chill and decide what show to watch...

...and I couldn't pick.

I rolled the dice, told my wife to pick a number 1 through 7 and she said 6. Going back 2 pages the sixth listing is Kamen Rider Fourze.

Fourze it is then. Just watched episode 1. Loving the Banchou, laughing at his hammy outfit and gear. Looks like Im going to have a fun comedy series to enjoy here.

Also check this shit out!
Super Power Beatdown: White Ranger vs Scorpion

And they got Jason David Frank for it :D

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
So I finally finished my circuitry and process tech exams this week and I had a moment to myself to just chill and decide what show to watch...

...and I couldn't pick.

I rolled the dice, told my wife to pick a number 1 through 7 and she said 6. Going back 2 pages the sixth listing is Kamen Rider Fourze.

Fourze it is then. Just watched episode 1. Loving the Banchou, laughing at his hammy outfit and gear. Looks like Im going to have a fun comedy series to enjoy here.

Also check this shit out!
Super Power Beatdown: White Ranger vs Scorpion

And they got Jason David Frank for it :D

was just posted

and jdf feeds on the hype. people worship him like some sort of rangergod, and he relishes in it

karasu

I wonder if that was Chris Casamassa playing Scorpion like he did in the first MK movie. That would be cool since JDF was his student all of those years ago.

Boss Doggie

I'm trying to watch Kamen Rider Black. I'm only up to episode 9 right now.

Does it get better?

Black gets better halfway when Shadowmoon makes an appearance.

I still love Kotaro's intuition though. You don't find stuff like that in modern riders.

Leaking faucet? GOLGOM PLOT.

vareon

Does it get better?

It's a formulaic show which is better seen with regular interval per episode. My rewatch of Black (wasn't much of a rewatch since my memory about it is pretty much blank) consists of skimming until I found a "key" or interesting episode then proceed to watch it full.

Or you can watch the entire series for the hilarity/awesomeness of Kotaro's THIS MUST BE GOLGOM'S PLOT for every inconvenience he found.

NeonZ

Does it get better?

The early episodes are pretty bad. You'll start to see some slow plot movement in the next episode when Kotaro remembers that he was supposed to be looking for Nobuhiko, but that will be a minor part of the episodes for a long time. Later on, Shadowmoon appears, which gives the series another boost, but it doesn't really break the show's format either until the last 6 or so episodes.

Black was really the first Rider series that gave the protagonist a personal goal for drama aside from just beating the villains or having revenge, but it somehow managed to be more episodic than some of its predecessors.

shaowebb

I'm 16 episodes into W so far, and I'm definitely enjoying the characters with one exception. Does Akiko ever mellow out a bit?

Akiko is the only reason W is not my number 1 show of all time over OOO's. The ONLY reason. The two are neck and neck in awesome, but the development of Phillip and Shotaro was incredible along with the ending and all the mysteries. OOO's is amazing but W trumped it with those aspects by a bit in my book...then Akiko sank it down a full rank for me by being insufferably irritating. OOO's is my number 1 because Akiko screws up everything. If the show hadn't been so awesome in every other way I can't imagine how it would have been tolerable with her there. Imagine if Decade had Akiko...yeah. It takes a show like W to make her even livable. I kept hoping for a monster to make her go mute...

Tenumi

Banned
Zyuranger is so.... not good. I was hoping Burai would turn things around but the plots still as predictable. Blah Blah Kids, Blah Blah DoraMonster, Blah Blah Daizyujin, Blah Blah saved the day.

WillyFive

Zyuranger is so.... not good. I was hoping Burai would turn things around but the plots still as predictable. Blah Blah Kids, Blah Blah DoraMonster, Blah Blah Daizyujin, Blah Blah saved the day.

Yeah, Zyuranger sucks.

Going from Jetman to Zyuranger the year after was just as bad as going from Gekiranger to Go-Onger, or Shinkenger to Goseiger.
...or Gokaiger to Go-Busters.

Boss Doggie

Finally, Gaim tomorrow.

Oh and when will Ginga return?

Yeah, Zyuranger sucks.

Going from Jetman to Zyuranger the year after was just as bad as going from Gekiranger to Go-Onger, or Shinkenger to Goseiger.
...or Gokaiger to Go-Busters.

The appeal of Zyuranger is merely 90's flavor and well... "it's original!!!"

Gokaiger had plot?

Top Bottom