• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

Tenumi

Banned
The Gavan/Go-Busters episodes felt out of place, even as filler. I mean, here's some irrelevant stuff that hasn't ever been mentioned before and will never be again!

Of course, its been a bit since I finished Go-Busters, so...

vareon

Doggie, my condolences to the typhoon victims out there. That was devastating.

Lots of riders in Gaim now (and at least two more on the line if I remember). After the introduction winded down I hope there's not too many involved at one time.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
G Gavan was terrible, Bandai shouldn't have "retired" Retsu.

Doggie, my condolences to the typhoon victims out there. That was devastating.

Lots of riders in Gaim now (and at least two more on the line if I remember). After the introduction winded down I hope there's not too many involved at one time.

yeah it was a mess

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
This movie is hella terrible. And I'm about done with gokaiger. They as well as decade need to be retired already. I wanted more space sheriff's, and one again I got gai and Yoko's excellent adventure

LostAnkh

This movie is hella terrible. And I'm about done with gokaiger. They as well as decade need to be retired already. I wanted more space sheriff's, and one again I got gai and Yoko's excellent adventure
Honestly, I'm tired of the colossal team up of past heroes. I would like them to make the movie based on that year's Sentai and Rider, so we can see the dynamics of the heroes.

NeonZ

Honestly, I'm tired of the colossal team up of past heroes. I would like them to make the movie based on that year's Sentai and Rider, so we can see the dynamics of the heroes.

My opinion is exactly the opposite. I'm tired of the team ups focusing so much on the current teams. What's the point of saying that this is a big crossover and giving 90% of the screentime to the current heroes and only throwing the others for 5 seconds in the spotlight?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
My opinion is exactly the opposite. I'm tired of the team ups focusing so much on the current teams. What's the point of saying that this is a big crossover and giving 90% of the screentime to the current heroes and only throwing the others for 5 seconds in the spotlight?
I don't think it should be a big crossover, though.

If they can't get the actors for the older guys it's pretty lame.

For me the best scene in the movie was that first scene when Wizard runs into the Kyoryugers.

vareon

I'd rather have a team up of the recent teams (like the usual VS movies) rather than under delivering a colossal team up every single year. Or take the Hurricanger or Kyoryuger/Zyuranger route, which promises a lot less but executes it better.

NeonZ

http://www.twitter.com/CHIBAREI_DURGA/status/399907074387103744?p=v

It seems like out of the Zyuranger, only Geki(Tyranno Ranger) will be appearing out of suit in the Kyoryuger Vs movie.

If they can't get the actors for the older guys it's pretty lame.

What about not getting the actors of the current guys (well, at least not enough)? It's really annoying how Wizard disappears half an hour into the movie and the Kyoryuger only appear in one scene, but then they go and completely dominate the final battle.

I like moments like the Black vs Shadowmoon encounter in the first SHT where they acknowledge each other, or Blade being surprised by Fourze's "Space time!" thing in Wizard's finale. This movie was a big step back in that sense, and I didn't even think there was much ground to backtrack. All old heroes were just here to do roll calls and then get stuck in the background. No real interactions with each other or the current heroes. No real fighting scenes or anything.

I'd rather have a team up of the recent teams (like the usual VS movies) rather than under delivering a colossal team up every single year.

But that's basically what you're getting already in movies like SHTZ? The older heroes are pretty much just pointless cameos that barely get any screentime. We still haven't gotten a single movie that actually attempted to give a big amount of screentime to the older heroes.

I mean, ok. Remove Decade, Fourze, Meteor, Super-1, Dekaranger, Flashman, Inazuman, and etc from SHTZ. I don't see how it'd make it any more exciting or whatever. They were barely there in the first place. The movie is weak due to the director and script writer (every spring movie since Let's Go Kamen Riders has had the same staff), not a bunch of cameos that barely get any screentime.

vareon

But that's basically what you're getting already in movies like SHTZ? The older heroes are pretty much just pointless cameos that barely get any screentime. We still haven't gotten a single movie that actually attempted to give a big amount of screentime to the older heroes.

I just prefer no cameos than pointless cameos, TBH. A lot of the previous cameos was a big deal because of the novelty of seeing the past heroes again after all these years. Now that the novelty has worn off, I don't need to see past heroes show up to do nothing every year.

To me, I prefer these options than SHTZ:

- A show that pays homage to the older heroes with meaningful cameos or even let the actors reprise their roles, like Hurricanger,
- A team up with this year's rider and sentai without bringing past heroes if they don't intend to use it in an interesting way.
- A remake/reboot. Well they did this with Gavan and, uh....

SHTZ was an unneeded movie. Perhaps they still tried to leverage metal heroes using the current heroes, but I don't think it's working.

Boss Doggie

hzpe6m0.gif

shaowebb

So lets count down the current things used for Riders in Gaim
  • Orange
  • Pineapple
  • Strawberry
  • Grape
  • Melon
  • Banana
  • Acorn
  • Pinecone
  • Durian

Oh man this is the worst fruit cocktail ever...and why do we suddenly have Nuts involved?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Sorry Doggie, I still don't see any Rider in Bisharp or Pawniard.

So lets count down the current things used for Riders in Gaim
  • Orange
  • Pineapple
  • Strawberry
  • Grape
  • Melon
  • Banana
  • Acorn
  • Pinecone
  • Durian

Oh man this is the worst fruit cocktail ever...and why do we suddenly have Nuts involved?

They mentioned in interviews that the Nuts are "lower leveled" than the fruit Riders, probably why Guridon and Kurokage are Baron's henchmen at this point,
and will probably die first

GManDH

so i was watching kamen rider shin today. im still not done actually, but is it just me or does this movie have a couple of plot holes and are certain parts just skipped without telling. ill post questions later, if anyone can help.

NeonZ

Shin's movie is a mess, but finish watching it before wondering about plotholes. There's a twist regarding some of the earlier scenes with Shin if that's what you're wondering about.

GManDH

Shin's movie is a mess, but finish watching it before wondering about plotholes. There's a twist regarding some of the earlier scenes with Shin if that's what you're wondering about.

okay you are right. i understand it a lot better after watching it all the way through. however one part i dont understand is when Giichi Onizuka is in his make shift lab. why is he hooked up and stuff? and what blood did he drip in the liquid thing? i know its not a huge part of the story but not understanding these things drive me crazy.

Parallax

You know I'm STILL trying to find ways to make a Sun Vulcan trio (Eagle, Shark, Panther). Only Blaziken matched and it was a stretch.

Can't even make a Kyoryuger team, lol.

theres no panther that im aware of, but there is a shark(two if you want to be techical) and an eagle pokemon to chose from.

Boss Doggie

vareon

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/090/4/7/taiyo_pokemon_vulcan_by_pandakunoichi18-d5zz2nw.png[IMG]

replace Feraligatr with Gargchomp tho lol[/QUOTE]

Garchomp! I had forgotten about that. He fits way better than Sharpedo.

Still not sure about Electabuzz. Though he's vague enough to be a yellow panther.

Parallax

Garchomp! I had forgotten about that. He fits way better than Sharpedo.

Still not sure about Electabuzz. Though he's vague enough to be a yellow panther.

not really. consider what he turns into. hes a damn ape man like creature.

Boss Doggie

Please PM me and example. and this would be with XY?

barring legendaries

Mind you this may involve some trading

Heracross = Kabuto/Stronger
Pinsir = Kuuga
Sandile = that crocodile rider in Ryuuki
Axew = Amazon
Gible = that shark rider in Decade
Yanma = V3, Drake
Surskit = X
Super 1 = Durant
Zubat = Knight
Clauncher = Scissors
Seviper or Ekans = Ouja
Ducklett = Femme
Vespiquen = TheBee
Skorupi = Sasword

...also I realized we still have no Grasshopper pokemon

Finally got a chance to sit down and watch the newest Gaim episode. I thought belts were special but instead it feels like they're giving them out like candy. Always glad to see more Riders, but the stage is starting to feel a bit crowded since we're not even on episode 10 yet. I can only imagine Urobuchi is going to be tempted to clear a few minor Riders from the cast once their purpose is fulfilled.

Zynx

Finally got a chance to sit down and watch the newest Gaim episode. I thought belts were special but instead it feels like they're giving them out like candy. Always glad to see more Riders, but the stage is starting to feel a bit crowded since we're not even on episode 10 yet. I can only imagine Urobuchi is going to be tempted to clear a few minor Riders from the cast once their purpose is fulfilled.

Haha, indeed. I was thinking after last episode that they had already introduced all the riders in the intro and would have to pause for a bit before throwing in some new ones...and baam, 2 more.

Still really liking how things are developing, though. With a lot of background revealed in that conversation with Sid, my interest is definitely piqued.

Haha, indeed. I was thinking after last episode that they had already introduced all the riders in the intro and would have to pause for a bit before throwing in some new ones...and baam, 2 more.

Still really liking how things are developing, though. With a lot of background revealed in that conversation with Sid, my interest is definitely piqued.

Looking at the preview for the next episode, it doesn't look like it'll be slowing down anytime soon either. haha Glad for that car scene since it at least tries to refocus the audience on the overarching plot, even while Riders are busy fighting. There's some interesting behind the scenes development going on which I too am interested to see where it's headed.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Aerodactyl, Bastiodon, Tyrantrum.

There you go, a PuToTyranno-themed team...

And actually, the "Pu" "To" works for Aerodactyl "Ptera" and Bastiodon "Torideps", sadly Tyrantrum's Japanese name doesn't have Tyranno in it. :(

I also named my Orange Flabebe Gaim since the final form wears the flower as armor more or less.

Also I've already trained a near-perfect IV (bar Sp. ATK, which doesn't matter) a Jolly Sniper Drapion named Sasword, get on my level. I actually have a few 3 IV Jolly Skorupi left to give out.

Sandile = that crocodile rider in Ryuuki
There's no crocodile Rider...

A Ryuki Rider / Pokemon would be...

Ryuki = Charizard, for the fire, or Rayquaza, since it's the same dragon basically...but then you can pretend Charizard Y is Ryuki Survive.
Knight = I think Noivern fits the design more, but Crobat works too
Ryuuga = Black Charizard or Black Rayquaza
Scissor = Kingler or Crawdaunt.
Zolda = Shiny Tauros cuz green.
Ouja = Arbok is perfect.
Gai= Rhydon.
Tiger = There's no fucking tiger Pokemon still really, bar Raikou, but their design doesn't really mesh. I guess Sneasel or Zangoose have the clawed, somewhat feline look.
Raia = Mantine or Gligar, the latter fits the design more.
Imperer = Cobalion
Femme = Swanna, obviously.
Odin = Yveltal? Landorus sort of works too I guess.
Verde = Kecleon

Boss Doggie

I would prefer Rayquaza for Ryuuki since it fits the most, but it's a legendary so.

Also Charizard is like, the poorest comparison. I think Salamence fits more.

I didn't use Kingler because Krabby ain't catchable, but totally forgot about Crawduant.

Anyway speaking of Riders...

that scene with Team Gaim look awkward. You know what I'm talking about - the one where Kouta is downed so everyone tries to pick him up. He's making that speech... yet everyone somehow respires like there's a synchronized breathing.

GManDH

acorn is a common lockseed, so why would someone want it as their main one??? did not understand that part. also anyone else think that Aesir is a lil off translation?

Slayven

I would prefer Rayquaza for Ryuuki since it fits the most, but it's a legendary so.

Also Charizard is like, the poorest comparison. I think Salamence fits more.

I didn't use Kingler because Krabby ain't catchable, but totally forgot about Crawduant.

Anyway speaking of Riders...

that scene with Team Gaim look awkward. You know what I'm talking about - the one where Kouta is downed so everyone tries to pick him up. He's making that speech... yet everyone somehow respires like there's a synchronized breathing.

yeah, Kouta's journey of self discovery comes off as awkward when his boy is 5 feet away getting his ass beat.

acorn is a common lockseed, so why would someone want it as their main one??? did not understand that part. also anyone else think that Aesir is a lil off translation?

Thought he got the acorn lockseed given to him after he lost his strawberry one to Team Gaim? Don't think he had much choice at that point. Unless I'm misunderstanding as well. haha

GManDH

Thought he got the acorn lockseed given to him after he lost his strawberry one to Team Gaim? Don't think he had much choice at that point. Unless I'm misunderstanding as well. haha

you might be right. i just hope that he isnt the acorn rider because the acorn is just a inves.

Top Bottom