• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

NeonZ

I usually don't care much for these, but looking at this demonstration of the Ryuki lockseed, it makes the Sengoku Driver really appealing as an anniversary belt.

http://youtu.be/HZvD5t5OwYI?t=1m46s

The transformation phrase is Ryuki's catchphrase "If you don't fight, you won't survive", and it also has sound effects for Sword Vent, Advent and Final Vent, all with the Sengoku's driver voice. Also, when the lockseed is opened, one half shows the face of Ryuuki's belt, while the other the Dragredder card. They packed as many Ryuuki references as they could there.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I usually don't care much for these, but looking at this demonstration of the Ryuki lockseed, it makes the Sengoku Driver really appealing as an anniversary belt.

The transformation phrase is Ryuki's catchphrase "If you don't fight, you won't survive", and it also has sound effects for Sword Vent, Advent and Final Vent, all with the Sengoku's driver voice. Also, when the lockseed is opened, one half shows the face of Ryuuki's belt, while the other the Dragredder card. They packed as many Ryuuki references as they could there.

I love the Sengoku Driver (Deneb!) voice.

My favorite is how he says "COME ON!" for Banana arms.

Slayven

Is there a club weapon yet?

I think that's what Baron Mango Arms has.

I guess Rhubarb can be a bo.

rhubarb.jpg

GManDH

would love to see a yuzu lemon since its a very japanesse fruit. and would it be cool if theres a rider that is meet or fish instead of fruit?? or would that be lame?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
According to rumors, it seems Lemon will be popping up at the end of the year with the new driver, so the next few weeks won't see any more Rider debuts but rather Watermelon/Mango/Kiwi.

It seems we'll get some more actual monster fights against Inves too, (possible plot twist details about a certain character)
as apparently Mitsuzane secretly summons a bunch of them in the city to force the Riders to work together. So like an inverse-KUSAKA! situation here

vareon

Nice. I suppose the voice data is stored inside the fruits so the belt can sound almost anything. I miss "Open your eyes for the next Faiz".

I haven't bought a belt since ever, though.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Megaforce 18

Okay, this was awesome. It helps that it was mostly Sentai footage with very little scenes of the Rangers trying to act or be "teenagers". I really hope by the time the Go-Busters adaptation rolls around, they get better actors, and not set it in high school.

The original Robo Knight stuff was pretty funny though. Since someone asked earlier, this is the episode where he raps.

Tenumi

Banned
Megaforce 18

Okay, this was awesome. It helps that it was mostly Sentai footage with very little scenes of the Rangers trying to act or be "teenagers". I really hope by the time the Go-Busters adaptation rolls around, they get better actors, and not set it in high school.

The original Robo Knight stuff was pretty funny though. Since someone asked earlier, this is the episode where he raps.

I'm tempted to call it one of the best episodes of the season. I particularly loved
the librarian holding the "no cell phones" sign in fear, and Robo Knight putting his phone-morpher on the counter as a result.

Slayven

Dat Gaim, I scared folks in my house by screaming "Goddamn" when the swerve hit. One thing about this show it keeps the energy between eps. None of this "Oh well the monster got away lets eat donuts or play the violin" mess.

Nina and Gridon are on some Rocksteady and Bebop shit.

shaowebb

Im still trying to get who each Rider's suit is themed after. Gaim is obviously Date Masamune, but Im still trying to figure out the rest of the Riders if they have any character basis in particular from the Sengoku era . Yukimura and Oyakata-sama is something I'm hoping to spot. Seeing Kamen Rider Birth play Oyakata-sama and doing that scene in the live action Sengoku Basara was awesome.

Mz2Pg2M.jpg

There's a gif of Yukimura and Oyakata-sama yelling at each other from that show somewhere...

NeonZ

Im still trying to get who each Rider's suit is themed after. Gaim is obviously Date Masamune, but Im still trying to figure out the rest of the Riders if they have any character basis in particular from the Sengoku era.

Zangetsu might be Kenshin Uesugi, with his white colors and crest (which isn't identical, unlike Masamune, because he doesn't have an actual characteristic helmet, but he's generally shown with a half circle helmet crest or horns in the same shape). ... Still, I think what actually happened is that they based Gaim on Date, but afterwards gave up on specific references when they started doing designs not based on Samurai, like Baron's and Ryugen's.

You think the other members of Gaim Team would get their belts too?

I don't think that's happening unless we get mass produced belts later. The other belts likely will go first to the remaining teams or other people chosen by Yggdrazil. This isn't Sentai, so it'd make no sense to build up team Gaim as a team of Riders, unless every team ends up with multiple Riders later (thanks to mp belts).

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Maybe Mai, and some other characters for the Energy riders.

She already has her inves doppelganger. I doubt they would give her even another form.

Also, she's the only woman with any on-screen time (except for kouta's sister), so I don't know who the hell will be the lady kamen rider. They'll prolly introduce somebody else.

Slayven

Im still trying to get who each Rider's suit is themed after. Gaim is obviously Date Masamune, but Im still trying to figure out the rest of the Riders if they have any character basis in particular from the Sengoku era . Yukimura and Oyakata-sama is something I'm hoping to spot. Seeing Kamen Rider Birth play Oyakata-sama and doing that scene in the live action Sengoku Basara was awesome.

Mz2Pg2M.jpg

There's a gif of Yukimura and Oyakata-sama yelling at each other from that show somewhere...
Did someone sub that show? I heard a lot of people stayed away because it was terrible.

She already has her inves doppelganger. I doubt they would give her even another form.

Also, she's the only woman with any on-screen time (except for kouta's sister), so I don't know who the hell will be the lady kamen rider. They'll prolly introduce somebody else.
Well we will get Cherry and peach next year, but I think they will be on that all girl dance team. Mentioned but never showed. They should use the Kamen Rider girls.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
i can admit it, i like the fight choreography in gaim more than in wizard. wizards was was flashy true, but it feels like he was doing the same old moves over and over

NeonZ

i can admit it, i like the fight choreography in gaim more than in wizard. wizards was was flashy true, but it feels like he was doing the same old moves over and over

The main issue with Wizard's battles is that they basically put no thought into the forms. There wasn't a slow and strong form, a quick and weak form, etc. They just changed elements, and often the specific element used was irrelevant. They all could use all rings, only changing the element, and didn't have their own weapons either, so, it all ends up blurring together.

They seemingly did have a set up for the forms (flame, balanced; water, generally a weaker flame, but stronger for underwater battles; land, slow and strong; hurricane, fast but weak), but it rarely translated to anything in the show itself. The suit actor sometimes seemed to move slower in land style/dragon, but that seemed to have no point for the script in 90% of the episodes, and that was the only one somewhat visible in the show itself.

vareon

Thank Arceus Aesir sticks to softsubs, giving me the choice to replace Ornac with Gridon. Felt weird basically every merchandising calling him Gridon or variations of it and them alone calling him Ornac.

The main issue with Wizard's battles is that they basically put no thought into the forms. There wasn't a slow and strong form, a quick and weak form, etc. They just changed elements, and often the specific element used was irrelevant. They all could use all rings, only changing the element, and didn't have their own weapons either, so, it all ends up blurring together.

They seemingly did have a set up for the forms (flame, balanced; water, generally a weaker flame, but stronger for underwater battles; land, slow and strong; hurricane, fast but weak), but it rarely translated to anything in the show itself. The suit actor sometimes seemed to move slower in land style/dragon, but that seemed to have no point for the script in 90% of the episodes, and that was the only one somewhat visible in the show itself.

Pretty much. I always see this problem in every KR (though not in every episodes) but it's much more prominent in Wizard.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

Flame was standard, Land was kung fu shit, Water was grappling, Hurricane was jumping flying cg

This was definitely evident in the earlier episodes, I don't remember it being prevalent later on though

NeonZ

Flame was standard, Land was kung fu shit, Water was grappling, Hurricane was jumping flying cg

This was definitely evident in the earlier episodes, I don't remember it being prevalent later on though

Good point about grappling with water. I had forgotten about that. But, still aside from Hurricane's flight, the other three basically only resulted in minor differences in how the suit actor moved. The choreography itself was good, or at least decent, but it had no weight in the script. The director was doing his job, the writer, not so much.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Kabuto broke the superspeed game. Only one that did it better was Faiz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfoeg0HSIlw&feature=player_detailpage#t=12

Look at this, Faiz actually breaks the fourth wall. "What? I know I look good."

I have terrible memory, but I really had no recollection that Faiz had an Accel (Axel?) form until earlier last month, when I watched some footage of that old Kamen Rider battle game for PSP. I was all "why does he become gray and all fast when he performs his special... ohhhhhh"

I really wish we had a better release of Faiz, T-N one has a terrible video quality. I went back to it recently and jesus...

Slayven

I have terrible memory, but I really had no recollection that Faiz had an Accel form until earlier last month, when I watched some footage of that old Kamen Rider battle game for PSP. I was all "why does he become gray and all fast when he performs his special... ohhhhhh"

I really wish we had a better release of Faiz, T-N one has a terrible video quality. I went back to it recently and jesus...

Yeah TV-N look they were recovered over the air with rabbit ears. I am no video snob, but it is grainy as fuck.

GManDH

Gaim

you know i do not mind at all that they are revealing a bunch of new riders and actually giving them a purpose. This is becoming my favorite season so far. i just feel bad for any completest who has to have every figure, because at the rate its going there will be 20+.

Top Bottom