• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Venture Bros. Season 5 |OT| - Sundays @ 12 on Adult Swim - Come get a rusty venture!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Well they just aired it here. Good ep but I couldn't here most of what they said since I had to have my volume low. How did Hank figure out
Myra wasn't his mom
?

because
she said she wanted to put dean in her womb for the first time.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Hah, yeah, that was great! Speaking of twists... I was expecting the Momma's Boys logo but NOPE! Even better!

ttHBl1C.jpg

Shallow Gravy!

Buy me here! http://www.titmousestuff.com/products/venture-bros-shirt-club-no-7-shallow-gravy

This one will probably go to my brother as well.

barrbarr

So who wants to bet that Hank is going to find out that he is a clone at the end of this season? Along with rediscovering that he lost his virginity to his best friend/half brothers mum? So if last season finale led to Dean growing up, do you guys think that this one will lead Hank to grow up?

Sayter

Finished my Venture marathon yesterday at Season 3, Episode 3. It just keeps getting better and better. Glad to see Samuel L. Jackson, and the main voice from Archer has a few speaking parts.

Keep going!

PS: Jefferson Twilight is actually voiced by an actor named Charles Parnell doing a pretty good impression though your ears did not deceive you regarding H. Jon Benjamin!

Coconut

Banned
Just throwing this out their since its kind of a theme. Dermot is now the only living venture family member who knows both of his parents.

barrbarr

Just throwing this out their since its kind of a theme. Dermot is now the only living venture family member who knows both of his parents.

Well he "knows" both of his parents. He just doesn't know that his sister is really his mother, and that his "mother" is really his grandmother.

Coconut

Banned
I wonder if Hank and Dean even have a mother. Maybe Rusty made them.

Honestly, I feel like that is a concern of deans and why he was reaching out to Myra. Though his encounter with what's his face the other scientist Ben in the Halloween episode says differently.

and personality wise that kinda makes sense. until you see how strong brocks genetics are.

That and the fact that we see during the end flashback in Invisible Hand that they were already born by the time Brock got there.

Plus Ben back in the Halloween special said to Dean that they have a mom and dad.

PK Gaming

Finally caught up... whew

I fucking love the Venture Bros, it's hands down one of my favorite shows of all time. There's a bunch of things I want to say but i'll keep it short:

-Doc is still a bitch (though he definitely has his reasons)
-Dean is actually a good character now (he's just now realized his life is complete & utter shit. His character resonates with me now)
-Hank's hair from early season 4 was amazing
-Hatred is fucking terrible and disgusting, I really hate him
-Brock is the personification of god
-The Venture Bros universe is awesome
-Doctor Orpheus is the best character
-Triana's friend giving up being a supervillain is a crime :(

GO TEAM VENTURE!

tkscz

Finally caught up... whew

I fucking love the Venture Bros, it's hands down one of my favorite shows of all time. There's a bunch of things I want to say but i'll keep it short:

-Doc is still a bitch (though he definitely has his reasons)
-Dean is actually a good character now (he's just now realized his life is complete & utter shit. His character resonates with me now)
-Hank's hair from early season 4 was amazing
-Hatred is fucking terrible and disgusting, I really hate him
-Brock is the personification of god
-The Venture Bros universe is awesome
-Doctor Orpheus is the best character

I disagree, I like Sgt. Hatred. He was better in season 4, but I like him in season 5 as well.

Yeah, seriously. He's so earnest... He messes up a lot, he's got his demons, but he's so damn likable. You just want him to succeed, unlike most of the people on the show who deserve their failures.

Redd

Yeah at first I wanted Brock back as their bodyguard but Hatred has really grown on me. Like Brock before him he really cares for the Venture family.

I realised why Im feeling that so many episode are falling flat this season.
The double ep premier gave the guys more room to tell a story. The 22mins mins including intro and credits, make the show all build up and very fast resolution.
I was hoping for more with the SPHINX ep, and it just stopped on a dime :(

Still one of the best shows on tv of course.

Tokubetsu

Hatred is has boobs and has become their mother. Dr. Freud, paging Dr. Freud.

Yea, it's super obvious. I was actually gonna type up a post about how while Brock might be great at killing things/being awesome, he was a poor influence/fit for the boys. Hatred is just a lot better at nurturing and child rearing.

If the big theme of earlier seasons was failure then the show seems to have switched gears a bit to say that in that failure you might find your true calling (or re-find). Failing upward in a sense. Upward here meaning finding happiness, success and fulfillment on a personal level. Hatred and child rearing, you have Monarch being a poor "villain" but a good husband, Brock in place that suits him etc.

PK Gaming

I can't stand Hatred (they introduced him as a goddamn pedophile) and he hasn't improved. I find him to be an irritating character who negatively impacts my viewing experience with his bullshit. It's disappointing that out of the near limitless amount of fantastic Venture Bros. characters, they decided to give my least favorite character a significant amount of exposure.

Tokubetsu

If it makes you feel any better, I never cared for the the twins that worked with Dr. Girlfriend but everyone else seems to have loved them.

Coconut

Banned
Yea, it's super obvious. I was actually gonna type up a post about how while Brock might be great at killing things/being awesome, he was a poor influence/fit for the boys. Hatred is just a lot better at nurturing and child rearing.

If the big theme of earlier seasons was failure then the show seems to have switched gears a bit to say that in that failure you might find your true calling (or re-find). Failing upward in a sense. Upward here meaning finding happiness, success and fulfillment on a personal level. Hatred and child rearing, you have Monarch being a poor "villain" but a good husband, Brock in place that suits him etc.

I feel like the theme this go around is 'trying'.

I don't know the monarch is surely the most inept character in the show and he's a terrible husband, plus hes still under the idea that 21 is still wirking for him. He's even worst as villain, and as a character, his only redeeming quality is being married to Dr. Girlfriend. Don't get me wrong I love all the characters, I'm just looking at this from a character trait stand point.

I keep hope that 21 kills the moppets.

Tokubetsu

How is Monarch a horrible husband? He genuinely loves his wife, he LISTENS to her advice and they have a healthy sex life. Dr. Girlfriend doesn't do anything she doesnt want to/isn't apart of anything she doesn't want to be. The only thing he hasn't really heard her on is with 21 but I feel pretty confident that's probably some foreshadowing about 21 rejoining the fold.

Coconut

Banned
How is Monarch a horrible husband? He genuinely loves his wife, he LISTENS to her advice and they have a healthy sex life. Dr. Girlfriend doesn't do anything she doesnt want to/isn't apart of anything she doesn't want to be. The only thing he hasn't really heard her on is with 21 but I feel pretty confident that's probably some foreshadowing about 21 rejoining the fold.

He's incredibly selfish he hasn't done one thing to help Dr. Girlfriend. When she wanted to arch for herself the monarch got all bitchy.

Yeah his Viceroy talk in the recent episode was pretty creepy.

barrbarr

If it makes you feel any better, I never cared for the the twins that worked with Dr. Girlfriend but everyone else seems to have loved them.

I'm with you on this. I absolutely hate the moppets, I really really hope that they kill them off before the end of the series

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Ive never heard anyone say anything good about the moppets. The only time I've laughed at them was when the monarch and dr girlfriend told them off. I'm still hoping 21 ends up killing them for slowly driving him even more insane over a year.

Tokubetsu

He's incredibly selfish he hasn't done one thing to help Dr. Girlfriend. When she wanted to arch for herself the monarch got all bitchy.

Yeah his Viceroy talk in the recent episode was pretty creepy.

He might need to comprise a little more but I still don't believe that if he's as bad as you're making him out to be, she would stay with him. That's not like Dr. Girlfriend at all. She knows how to put her foot down. I don't see her being as sweet and patient as she has been (especially this season's premiere with the plan) with him if he was some how a horrible husband and never gave her something she enjoyed.

Coconut

Banned
He might need to comprise a little more but I still don't believe that if he's as bad as you're making him out to be, she would stay with him. That's not like Dr. Girlfriend at all. She knows how to put her foot down. I don't see her being as sweet and patient as she has been (especially this season's premiere with the plan) with him if he was some how a horrible husband and never gave her something she enjoyed.

I'm not saying there isn't love but it is almost nonsensical that she seems very capable, I mean Brock status and she's with the Monarch, professionally and romantically.

PK Gaming

Ive never heard anyone say anything good about the moppets. The only time I've laughed at them was when the monarch and dr girlfriend told them off. I'm still hoping 21 ends up killing them for slowly driving him even more insane over a year.

The verbal smackdown the monarch delivered to them in season 4 was incredible.

Nether!

Only two episodes to go.

What a bummer. I feel like we're just getting into the thick of the season.

Not sure how everything will tie up but I'm sure it will be great.

And there's still that feature length episode in-between season 5 and 6 to look forward to! Or has that been shelved?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
The short season is making the complete absense of the Monarch and Dr. Orpheus all the more pronounced. I really really wish we could see Dr. O again.

Only two episodes to go.

What a bummer. I feel like we're just getting into the thick of the season.

Not sure how everything will tie up but I'm sure it will be great.

And there's still that feature length episode in-between season 5 and 6 to look forward to! Or has that been shelved?

The 60min special was canceled so they could work on season 6 sooner.

Yeah. The season is almost over and it feels like nothing has really happened yet.

This season's only plot is finally getting rid of Sphinx and making the tease about the monarchs parents.

Also, I always fucking loved the moppets but I really dislike St Cloud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom