• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video of man working on shop projects in garage released as "visual album"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

I hadn't noticed the new title. Very appropriate.

So, any good r&b of late?

Contemporary rnb is bonkers. You got Maxwell who put out blackSUMMERS'night, which is amazing. NAO released For All We Know, a more alternative sound than the aforementioned, with airy vocals and energy. Then you got bloodorange's Freetown Sound, perfect for those late night rooftop kickbacks.

Bloodorange Thank You

NAO We Don't Give A

Maxwell Listen Hear

PND's new single.
s1BKUdO.png

Frank Let yall down but like many have posted, there is so much quality out right now that he could go another year without releasing and we would still be good. Good job to my R&B fans out there with the lists!! The quality taste yall got, PHEW!! 😭 😭

Couple of people not mentioned that are other great R&B acts are

Sinead Harnett
Sam Dew
Ideh
Dawn Richard
Banks
Rochelle Jordan
CHINAH
Lion Babe
Kwamie Liv
Stwo
Tom Misch
Anne Marie
Tink
Billie Black
Etta Bond
June Marieezy

Sorry I couldn't link any songs cause mobile but check them out on Spotify or whatever streaming service you got!

Edit: Don't forget Kaytranada 😭

Skatterd

There's no way it can live up to the hype at this point
Freetown Sound will probably end up being better
But I hope he pulls it off

barnone

This seems like marketing and building hype. But Frank didn't seem like the type of person to market like this from what I've read about him. Perhaps someone in Frank's camp leaked the surprise to NYT and spoiled the original plan.

I was getting overhype myself and am glad Frank's going to let things cool down.

Jocund

Can someone explain why you guys are saying frank handed the L

Because this nigga had us watching a five-day-long stream of him perfecting his newfound craft of carpentry, a stream which just so happened to coincide with news from the Times that his album would be dropping by the end of the week. We hit the end of the week, this fool is still building shit, and we ain't got fuck all to show for it.

Apoc87

Banned
Because this nigga had us watching a five-day-long stream of him perfecting his newfound craft of carpentry, a stream which just so happened to coincide with news from the Times that his album would be dropping by the end of the week. We hit the end of the week, this fool is still building shit, and we ain't got fuck all to show for it.

Thank you this response is amazing

We hit Friday and Frank pulled a no call / no show.

Nabs

Frank Let yall down but like many have posted, there is so much quality out right now that he could go another year without releasing and we would still be good. Good job to my R&B fans out there with the lists!! The quality taste yall got, PHEW!! �� ��

Sinead Harnett
Sam Dew
Ideh
Dawn Richard
Banks
Rochelle Jordan
CHINAH
Lion Babe
Kwamie Liv
Stwo
Tom Misch
Anne Marie
Tink
Billie Black
Etta Bond
June Marieezy

Sorry I couldn't link any songs cause mobile but check them out on Spotify or whatever streaming service you got!

Edit: Don't forget Kaytranada ��

I'll make a short list to add to all this:

NAO
KING

Both released some of my favorite music this year.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Frank Let yall down but like many have posted, there is so much quality out right now that he could go another year without releasing and we would still be good. Good job to my R&B fans out there with the lists!! The quality taste yall got, PHEW!! 😭 😭

Sinead Harnett
Sam Dew
Ideh
Dawn Richard
Banks
Rochelle Jordan
CHINAH
Lion Babe
Kwamie Liv
Stwo
Tom Misch
Anne Marie
Tink
Billie Black
Etta Bond
June Marieezy

Edit: Don't forget Kaytranada 😭

Any of these have that NAO or FKA Twigs kinda slant going?

That's definitely the zone I'm in these days.

Myriadis

Reading the OP again, so you're all disappointed because of a completely baseless rumor? I mean it was basically some "My Uncle who works at Nintendo"- style of rumor.
Edit: Then again, I forgot that whole stuff at Frank Oceans website going on.

Dragnet

"He's so done"

Lmao, y'all were saying this about Ye when TLOP didn't drop when everyone expected (repeatedly). Then it released and everyone loved it and it went on to to be the first album to go #1 without a single sale.

Ye fans pass on the wisdom...be one with the L. Your time will come.

Mr. Hyde

Reading the OP again, so you're all disappointed because of a completely baseless rumor? I mean it was basically some "My Uncle who works at Nintendo"- style of rumor.

I'm sure it's going to possibly release very soon but that could be Monday or in a month, being generous.

Dartastic

Also, it was the New York Times. It wasn't just some bullshit blog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom