• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video of man working on shop projects in garage released as "visual album"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
One more week, we at least got PND next week to hold on a little.

And with him dropping two singles in the last week, its a safe bet.

Last year

SIX MINUTES

Another L.

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F07%2FDr.-Who.gif

Just finished mine. Waddup buddy

Just drinking beer and tears tonight.

You already know. I'm in this bitch listening to Bootsy Collins. Running through this beer, blowing and vibing.

Just. If anything. Just... update. Please.

Did he get on the stream at all today?

Thats a negative, comrad.

Guys for all our own good we need to let this thread fall off the front page

You right... You really right... but .... what if..
rVxsQlX.png
We may miss it, though....

Friends,
The album is probably not coming out any time soon. I really think Frank is trying to use this video as a metaphor for the painstaking process it truly takes to create a piece of art that satisfies both the artist and fans. He is not known for his impulsiveness, and with so many artists as of late favoring the "impulsive drop" (or at least creating the allure that the album was all of a sudden just dropped upon us like a cargo load), he could be responding to this fad by making us wait patiently. Four years is a lot of time between albums, but he subscribes to quality over quantity, and he may be communicating through the video (via the whole carpentry theme) that good things will come to those who wait.

That is why the release date is probably November 13 2016, as he could just be drumming up months of hype to fully articulate his perspective on artistry. Look here, it's on his library slip. Towards to top in black ink it says November 13 2016.

embed-frank-ocean-boys-dont-cry-due-date.jpg

November? So that's when we'll all meet to be disappointed together again?

Heck naw, Fam. Channel Orange was dope, and the amount of meticulousness with the marketing campaign leads me to believe he put the same amount of energy and focus into the album. Plenty of great stuff out there to listen to, we're just greedy as fans and want instant gratification.

I mean, his voice isn't anything to write home about but he makes some damn good music.

Ok, but which male r&b (or pop) singers do you find to both have a better voice AND as thought provoking music? Some of those songs on channel.ORANGE were unlike anything I've heard and maybe just resonated so deeply within me: crack rock, pyramids, Sweet Life (probably my favorite r&b/pop crossover song ever), Sierra Leone ... to name only a few cuts from the album. Sonically, it was both surreal and beautiful at the same time to me - if that makes much sense.

That album still sounds so great to me all these years later and is still, imho, one of the best albums to be released this decade.

BokehKing

Banned
Think Miguel but even more boring
Who the hell was Miguel? I'm thinking back when I was 18-25

Good R&B male singers back then or popular rather were like
Babyface, R Kelly, Ginuwine, Montell Jordan, Usher and Keith Sweat, 112 if you want to count groips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom