• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vin Diesel announces fourth Riddick movie while dancing to Katy Perry

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://io9.com/vin-diesel-announces-a-fourth-riddick-movie-is-coming-1511054127

The third installment of the Riddick franchise may have turned our favorite antihero into a peeping tom, but that didn't stop it from being a huge hit on DVD. And because of that, Riddick is getting another movie!

The LA Times is reporting that Riddick was the best-selling DVD and Blu-ray title during its first week of release. Which made Universal call up Diesel and scream "one more time." Or at least that's what the actor told his Facebook followers.

"I'm just excited, and happy, and I'm shouting out to you guys to say thank you. Universal just called me and told me Riddick is number one on the DVD charts. There's no way Riddick would have been made without you guys. You know that. and you guys have been a part of our page since 2012 and remember how arduous a road it was to get the movie made, and to make it rated 'R,' and to do it with such a low budget. It's a win for all of us and I really, really thank you so much."

To celebrate, Diesel danced to Beyonce's Drunk In Love, and did the "surfbort."

http://www.businessinsider.com/vin-diesel-riddick-sequel-2014-1

We know Vin Diesel loves announcing news to his fans first via Facebook.

In a lengthy seven-and-a-half-minute video, he told fans on the social media network another "Riddick" movie is in the works.

You wouldn't know Diesel was making a big announcement from the start of the video. The first three-minutes involves the "Fast and the Furious" actor dancing and lip-syncing to Katy Perry's "Dark Horse."

Around the 3:12 mark Diesel makes a pretty big announcement about an impending sequel to last year's "Riddick" after thanking fans for their support to bring the third film in the series to screen.

"Universal just called me and told me that 'Riddick is number one on the DVD charts. There's no way in the world 'Riddick' would have been made without you guys. You know that. You guys have been a part of our page since 2012 and remember how arduous a road it was for us to actually get the movie made, and to make it rated 'R,' and to do it with such a low budget. It's a win for all of us and I really, really, really, really thank you guys so much. Yeah, I'm excited, and of course, Universal's also saying they want to develop the next one."

Last year's "Riddick" made $98 million worldwide and was made on a $38 million budget.

The first film in the series, "Pitch Black," came out in 2000. Reception for that film was great as it more than doubled its $23 million budget at theaters ($53 million). The second film in the series, "The Chronicles of Riddick," (made on a wide scale budget of $105 million) came out in 2004 and wasn't a huge blockbuster making $115.8 million.

Diesel's video continues with him making a mention of how he couldn't go to the Grammys because he's working on "Fast and the Furious 7."

Watch the announcement and Diesel's dance moves below.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/vin-diesel-riddick-sequel-2014-1#ixzz2rkqAf5vB

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152278510183313&set=vb.89562268312&type=2&theater

19dy8zzihulzigif.gif

BigDug13

I like his enthusiasm and passion for a character he enjoys playing and for the fans that made that character a theatrical success.

Akahige

Hopefully it explores the Furyan mythology and isn't just a rehash of Pitch Black again.

Underverse was hinted at in the extended cuts ending, look forward to that.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Yeah! Riddick was not that good, but I really like Vin and I like this universe, so I'm up for another trip to the well.

Wazzy

Banned
I love him so much. He is the most adorable dork and it's amazing seeing it from such a big deep voiced guy like him.

Nephtis

The hell did I just watch?

And why does he keep going for his junk? I .. I don't know what to make of this. I tried skipping forward to find the relevant info, and he starts talking and then decides to stop for more music?

I don't know, man. I just don't know.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Nice nice. I paid £23 to import Riddick on Bluray from the US, and I'll do the same for the next film.

ISOM

I still have to watch the third riddick but I hope it goes back to the space operaish of the second.

vazel

Banned
I liked Riddick but it looks like the fourth movie is going to have a heavy emphasis on Furia and Necromongers. No thanks.
puke.gif

DiscoJer

The third installment of the Riddick franchise may have turned our favorite antihero into a peeping tom, but that didn't stop it from being a huge hit on DVD. And because of that, Riddick is getting another movie!

That's actually a smart marketing plan. Get a cult Sci-Fi actress to do a topless shower scene (albeit a very brief one), which will ensure heavy DVD/Blu-Ray sales.

Sojgat

Fantastic news, Riddick was awesome.

Did my part and bought the Blu-ray. Gonna go watch it again in celebration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom