• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vin Diesel announces fourth Riddick movie while dancing to Katy Perry

Status
Not open for further replies.

- J - D -

Is io9 still sore about the nude scene in Riddick? Granted, it was entirely gratuitous and sorta undermined the Dahl character, but.....okay yeah, I kinda agree with them.

Anyway, I look forward to any further Riddick properties. Movies, GAMES, anything.

I liked Riddick but it looks like the fourth movie is going to have a heavy emphasis on Furia and Necromongers. No thanks.
puke.gif
Great! The Chronicles of Riddick is my favorite guilty pleasure, damn the reviews movie. Bring it on, Vin!

Chumpion

I'm cool with the Necromonger shit. Bring Karl Urban back from the Underverse, all necrobocopped out, and have him team up with Vin... to take turns at boning Thandi Newton.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I like his enthusiasm and passion for a character he enjoys playing and for the fans that made that character a theatrical success.

Same.

I'm glad that he likes doing it still. Any other actor would just say "I'm not making enough money from this so fuck it"

This is great news! Riddick was fantastic and a return to form. Hope the next one is great too.

Oddly enough, I liked the beginning of the last movie but then it slowly transformed into a remake of Pitch Black. Unless they can come up with a new storyline, no more please.

stn

Saw it in theaters, liked it. Vin seems like a cool guy, glad to hear he's making a new Riddick.

Pejo

I literally just finished watching Riddick and this was the first thread I clicked after watching it.

Like a lot of others have said, the first half of the movie was fantastic, second half meh.
and the poor dog :(

Really excited to hear there's going to be another. These are always really enjoyable movies.

Jacobi

Banned
Riddick was pretty awesome, so I'm glad. So far, I liked every entry of it and the game was awesome as well of course.

Booshka

Love the universe and will shamelessly watch or play just about anything in the Riddick franchise. Really wish another game could get made though, Butcher Bay is still the best thing to come from that universe.

Also good to see Vin genuinely happy and passionate, been a tough year for him and it's great to see one of his favorite projects succeed.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
It would be nice if we could get the unrated director's cut for a change, it's expensive for me having to keep importing them from the US.

bronk

Banned
"Name's Riddick thinks his shit dont't stink"

Havent watched last film I want to though. Pitch Black was Amazing. Second film not so much.

big_z

im happy theres going to be another Riddick movie. Riddick was alright but the tone was off. pitch black took itself seriously, Riddick felt too cheesy... like a fan fiction.

Vagabundo

I've a lot of respect for this man; being such a DND nerd.

Saying that I'm sad that this worked and Dredd tanked. Fucking 3D and bad marketing to blame I think.

The third one was good, so...

Nope.

Pitch Black is like a 7/10, CoR is like a 4 and Riddick is like a 5.

im happy theres going to be another Riddick movie. Riddick was alright but the tone was off. pitch black took itself seriously, Riddick felt too cheesy... like a fan fiction.

Riddick, the character, has become self aware and knows that he is the star of an action movie. I think this happened in Chronicles.

UrbanRats

Nope.

Well, numbers are arbitrary in this case, so i'm not sure how they'd translate into an opinion, but speaking of Riddick, the first half was straight out of the 80s (in a good way) and probably the best sequence in the saga yet, the middle part dragged a bit, but then it picked upsteam again once the storm hits.

I'm not sure what you expected from a sci-fi action movie based on an intentionaly cheesy power fantasy, but in that context,the film was pretty effective.

Jackpot

Banned
Nope.

Liar. CoR is easily double that.

Riddick, the character, has become self aware and knows that he is the star of an action movie. I think this happened in Chronicles.

Yeah, he's invulnerable now, can predict the outcome of any scenario and always has a line prepared. Rewatching Pitch Black i was surprised when he blurts out "Fuck you!" in anger tinged with fear when Johns fires the shotgun next to his head.

thenexus6

Riddick is a franchise I always enjoy and hope it does well, while the latest film was amazing it was alright. I'm looking forward to a new one, hopefully this will be kept on a small budget and not over the top like Chronicles and I think it will be a better film

Liar. CoR is easily double that.

Nope.

Yeah, he's invulnerable now, can predict the outcome of any scenario and always has a line prepared. Rewatching Pitch Black i was surprised when he blurts out "Fuck you!" in anger tinged with fear when Johns fires the shotgun next to his head.

Riddick was supposed to be a return to form, but really they only nailed about half of it. And to be honest, the first movie was never amazing, it was just "pretty good". If they're going to make a return to a necromonger / furian focused story for the next one, it's probably going to suck.

Awesome, i've enjoyed all previous movies. The Directors Cut of Chronicles makes it a lot better too with subtle changes and added brutality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom