• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

LyarVonLyar

Neo Member
Ohh I totally missed that my bad. I've been going into this experience knowing very little so I don't form any expectations. Gender locked classes are a disturbing trend but oh well, I happen to like the classes and models in Vindictus, not like whatever the hell S.U.N. had going for it.

itxaka

Defeatist
ugh the patch is stuck for me, it won't move at all for the latest 10 minutes. It downloads but does nothing in the total bar ¬_¬

Anyway, I'm going to cook and eat. It's almost 8 PM here. Let see if they can launch by the time I'm done cooking, eating, and doing the dishes.

See? You only had to go away for the servers to go up :lol

Dreavus

Awesome! :D

Now I hope they aren't completely bogged down and destroyed by the time I get home :lol

EDIT:
Kandinsky said:
I'm in omg

Edit: or not.

Getting "Response from server delayed, please try again later".

Uh oh ><

LyarVonLyar

Neo Member
itxaka said:
ugh the patch is stuck for me, it won't move at all for the latest 10 minutes. It downloads but does nothing in the total bar ¬_¬

See? You only had to go away for the servers to go up :lol

Someone said the patcher just loops when its finished so if you can hit ok, do it and it should be fine.

Lebron

Crakatak187 said:
Can't connect though.
25z76nk.gif

Kandinsky said:
Edit: or not.

Getting "Response from server delayed, please try again later".

Blah... that's what I've been getting for the past 3 hours. For a moment there I thought they were blockin IPs

1stStrike

Banned
Dizzy-4U said:
Dammit!!! I've been patching for more than an hour!!! :mad:

I feel your frustration. My friend in Indiana is already done patching, yet it's been going for like 2 hours for me and is only half way done.

itxaka

Defeatist
LyarVonLyar said:
Someone said the patcher just loops when its finished so if you can hit ok, do it and it should be fine.

yeah, the problem is that it didn't finished at all :/

It's stuck around at 30% and if i cancel and launch again it starts patching again.

Reinstalling...

Full patch notes:

Marketplace

The Marketplace is a new game system to help buy and sell items in-game.
Use the Marketplace to sell surplus loot or search for items which you need.
Located between the entrance to the Forge and the Docks, the Marketplace can be accessed by walking up to the board with the pigs underneath it. (See Below)

Character Levels

Character levels have been doubled and the leveling curve has been edited. Characters will level up twice as quickly as in Closed Beta. This also increases the level cap from 13 to 26.

Various in-game systems have been updated to reflect the new level distributions.
Level requirements to access quests, equipment and skills have been updated to reflect this change.

Ability Points

The Ability Points (AP) limit has been raised from 50 to 100.
Characters will now be able to hold more AP to distribute to their skills.
This does not have an effect on the amount of AP needed to level up a character's skills.
Level Up Gift

Newly created characters will receive a "Level Up Gift" from Tieve.
This gift can be opened multiple times, provided a character reaches the appropriate levels. Characters will receive a new unique item(s) each time the gift is opened.
The first time a character can open a Level Up Gift is at Level 2. The second time the gift can be opened is at Level 5.
Continue leveling to unlock Level Up Gifts at higher levels.

UI Changes

Markers to indicate the progress of quests have been updated. They can be located on top of building entrances and above NPC portraits.
New Quest or New Information About a Quest.

Continuation of Quest in Progress.

Completion of Quest in Progress

Emotes

Characters can now use emotes while in town. To use emotes, press the F5-F11 keys.
Players will notice a bonfire near the docks. Press the "grab" button when near a log or rock to sit by the fire and tell tales of great adventure.

Shop on Boats

A shop has been added to the boats. Go to the owl found near the dock next to the boat to puchase supplies.
Various items can be purchased from this shop, cutting down on travel time to town when running low on supplies.

Character Creation

The character creation process has been updated with new choices for hairstyle and colors.

Bug Fixes

Age restrictions preventing players from entering the game have been removed.
Profanity filters have been updated.

LyarVonLyar

Neo Member
At least my patcher seems to be downloading unlike that other patcher for that big name game I will leave nameless developed by SE >.>

*update bar is about 95%*

"An error ocurred during update"

*clicks OK and clicks .exe again*

*update bar is again at 30%*

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
LyarVonLyar said:
At least my patcher seems to be downloading unlike that other patcher for that big name game I will leave nameless developed by SE >.>

I had to redownload and reinstall the open beta four times. Fuck that game.

Lebron

Weird, mine patched in about 10mins or so and didn't loop. Though I did have the old beta client still installed, so maybe that was the reason?

1stStrike

Banned
Well, we all decided to go EAST, but the problem is that there's probably 3x as many people trying to go EAST as WEST. So, WEST probably isn't getting slammed as hard.

Either way, I'm still patching so it doesn't matter to me anyway. I'll probably just end up going to bed in an hour while it's STILL patching since I gotta work at 6 am.

What a fucking waste of the day, Nexon. I now have to work 5 more days until I have a full day off again :|

Cow Mengde said:
It doesn't work yet. Beggars can't be choosers, man.

PATCH SUCCESSFUL!!!
when i clicked WEST the splash image loaded but then stopped responding. man. i'm destined to be on the server that doesn't work.

EDIT: Got it to load. let's see if i can connect.

LyarVonLyar

Neo Member
"Response from server delayed."

pretty login screen tho, the banks could be a little less non-straight but I like just staring at it XD

Edit: Hooray for being in the middle of the country, got in on the west server.

Ryuuga

Banned
Relaxed Muscle said:
I can't update, I got an error everytime, WTF!!!!

Keep restarting because it'll resume from the last file patched. I had to resume my patch several times to completion.

Top Bottom