• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

Grab enemies and slam them. Either slam them into objects, into the wall, face scrape, or kick them off of high places. You'll cause the red lights to appear. The red lights heal you.

OatmealMu

So I just completed my first Blood Lord run...

His constant teleporting makes this a hit-and-run fight. Had I known he moves around so much, I would've stocked up on spears. Unless he teleports immediately upon reappearing, the BL usually does a single combo before disappearing again. I've tried him on normal difficulty, and even, he hits hard. One attack string completely destroys my shields and most of my health. His raining fireball attack, in particular, is really painful -- the attack is preceded by an obvious tell, fortunately.

Overall, not a terribly hard fight. My golem lasted maybe 30% of the fight, and another player kept dying, but things went somewhat smoothly. The fight did make me wish staff Evie's magic fart evasion was in the NA version. These fast bosses make me feel slooooow.

Omnicent

I like how the new spears glow in the dark
am2zvd.jpg

Also got the swords today thanks to the help
of the guild i'm in.

1stStrike

Banned
Cloudius12 said:
I been so out of this game since my GPU in my laptop died. Now that its been repaired, I need to catch up.

You need to post more on gaf too. Spread your wings and shed that junior member status :p

I dont have the Blood Lord battle quest either, is it the same quest line as the ripped letter or whatever?

edit: Fare Thee Well quest?

Cloudius12 said:
I dont have the Blood Lord battle quest either, is it the same quest line as the ripped letter or whatever?

It's gonna lead up to the quest.

Buy lots of feathers and potions. They need to lift the level cap already too.

Omnicent

riceandbeans said:
It's gonna lead up to the quest.

Buy lots of feathers and potions. They need to lift the level cap already too.
Flash Bangs are your friend (Light of Palala). Doing Regrets to Late (from start to finish, but use flash on bosses) or Blood Lord with a Flash rotation you can clear in 8 minutes or less with very little deaths.

For Regrets to Late bring an Evie and have her Bloody Thread to bring the two together then use Palala and proceed to own them.

Cloudius12 said:

Apparently, the requirement is actually level 42, not 41.

Deadly said:
No, give us permanent underwear! =(

They did for close to $20.

Got them on both my characters.

I'll try out palala technique. Don't have a secondary weapon yet so I couldn't use them. The bigger problem I'm running into are my teammates. Couldn't do the timed mission because no one wanted to attack, couldn't do the equiptment one because nobody bothered to repair their armor, and couldn't do Macha because everyone was too busy running away.

OatmealMu

My worst Blood Lord run by far was when the host wanted a kick kill.

CM0vC.jpg

The team was nearly wiped multiple times. We eventually won due to Goddess Grace spam. It was ugly.

Erasus

Is this ever coming to EU? There is nothing on the site. No announcements, nothing. Someone on another forum e-mailed support and they said there was "internal issues".

Omnicent

Ok man there is some epic spear lann hate going on in game it seems. Every time I try to join a Blood Lord group I get kicked.

Seriously people.... a good spear lann blows up Blood Lord and this is coming from someone who made Nightmare Twin Swords by the second day he was out (I am a sword main, but I can see when spears are better. Personally with a good group that uses palalas swords are not that good as spear can do insane burst damage every time a pala goes off).

Sorry for the rant, I'm just annoyed people don't even let me show them that spears are not "Lolz spinnnnnnn and die" for blood lord (even without having to use Palalas.

1stStrike

Banned
Omnicent said:
Ok man there is some epic spear lann hate going on in game it seems. Every time I try to join a Blood Lord group I get kicked.

Seriously people.... a good spear lann blows up Blood Lord and this is coming from someone who made Nightmare Twin Swords by the second day he was out (I am a sword main, but I can see when spears are better. Personally with a good group that uses palalas swords are not that good as spear can do insane burst damage every time a pala goes off).

Sorry for the rant, I'm just annoyed people don't even let me show them that spears are not "Lolz spinnnnnnn and die" for blood lord (even without having to use Palalas.

Just do what I've always done and make your own groups. I never had issues getting people to join me and no lag! :)

Omnicent

OatmealMu said:
My worst Blood Lord run by far was when the host wanted a kick kill.

http://i.imgur.com/CM0vC.jpg

The team was nearly wiped multiple times. We eventually won due to Goddess Grace spam. It was ugly.

Yeah that is what happened in my first couple of runs last Wednesday.
I'm thankful for having graces from the Nexon events. I started with 6 and ended with 1 left (and I wasn't the only person using Graces(P) )

1stStrike

Banned
Deadly said:
Yeah I know but I'm not spending a cent on such a stupid thing lol . I wasn't going to try and get like 20k NX from surveys either.

Dude, but it 's panties. Mother fucking panties! So worth it. *insert our long lost :lol face here*

Omnicent

riceandbeans said:
Sorta. It needs to stop clipping out of the stage.

Any word on the next update? Getting bored with the game and level cap is pissing me off.

All we know is that boat 5 is sometime early February (was stated in the Blabber Box video by Nexon).

OatmealMu

I picked up one of those Sony keypad attachments for my DS3. After yelling at MotioninJoy for a while, I got my PC to recognize the keypad. The trackpad is garbage (even on the PS3) but it works well overall. What I want to know is if there's a way to change F12 to another key. You can't do it in the game's settings, but I'm hoping there's an .ini file somewhere that I can modify.

Anyone?

So I've been looking at footage of Hero Mode. It's pretty impressive with the bosses attacking twice as fast and un-stunnable mini-bosses spawning with the trash. I'm going to have to give this game another try now that it's getting a big update of content and an upgrade in skill.

Currently tooling around on east server.

Also, footage of clunky crap like Tera online has made me appreciate the fluidity of the combat better, even if the lack of cancels remains irritating. More content and depth, please.

As for panties..you'd have to be pretty crazy to spend $20 on a pair of virtual panties, imo. But whatever floats your boat. You could buy several pairs of real panties for cheaper than that.

THis game has a lot of promise, I just really wish it had the content to take advantage of it. It should be a great action game in a year or two.

Poyunch

Oh man I took a break after reaching the level cap on my Lann during the Laghodessa update but this new episode is getting me excited.

The M.O.B

Terrible timing with Episode 5 coming the same week that my classes start again. >_<

I'll proly drop this game until it comes out of Beta, hopefully over summer when I have more time.

Erasus

How about realeaseing this in the EU/unlocking the US version Nexon. This is getting ridicolous, not even the Aion wait was this bad in terms of communication. Are they all dead in the office?

Saw some really impressive videos of Korean boats 6, 7, and 8 content. If that is coming here eventually there will be lots of fun to be had for action game fans.

Blood Lord looks pretty cool. I like how the raids get you right to the action, none of this running through repeated rooms clearing endless trash nonsense like most (all?) of the 4 player missions. Too bad there aren't more raids with cool/unique bosses like BL yet.

Top Bottom