• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Level 9... so, my impressions:

-Most fun MMO in terms of pure gameplay of any MMO I've tried! Can only speak for Lann but the combat is pretty joyous and I don't even have any of the awesome skills yet.
-Playing alongside higher level people and seeing how much of a badass you can become is very encouraging.
-Graphics are impressive, art design ain't half bad either.
-Worst server performance of any MMO I've played. :( If I want to just create a game without even having any other players, I still have to try 5-6 times to avoid that Server Response Delayed message.

:D

Did you decide to play on the West? I've actually been popping in everyday and smashing things for fun. Char's name is Tolesa if so.

Also, you can try forwarding ports?

http://mabination.com/threads/16875-Optimizing-Performance-in-Vindictus said:
27000 - 27025 TCP & UDP
47611 - 47611 TCP & UDP

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yep, on west. And I did that first range but had no clue about the second, so thanks! Forwarding now!

My char is Hawkian. :)

2011_09_29_00154cfl.jpg

Hawkian with his murder face, er, helm on.

I think I broke the free NX area thing. All they're giving me is the serious stuff now; "Get an insurance quote", "Apply for debit/credit card", and surveys I can't fake (156th AWESOME STR, AWESOMETOWN IS NOT A VALID ADDRESS!). And 90% of the surveys are bologna anyways. If you're not a pregnant Filipino woman with arthritis working part time in the auto industry with 4 kids and own an iPhone, they reject you. And that was just entering shit in before you take the actual survey.

Only reliable thing is watching video ads and "click the ad on this website" offers, lol.

But hey! I did manage to get the 9900NX to get my inner armor LOL

Now for hair...

Valygar

The game has officially "Pre-launched" in Europe two days ago, downloading right now.

I had a lot of fun in the closed beta, hope I convince some friends to join. Or some gaffers :p

Dreavus

ArtistDude88 said:
I think I broke the free NX area thing. All they're giving me is the serious stuff now; "Get an insurance quote", "Apply for debit/credit card", and surveys I can't fake (156th AWESOME STR, AWESOMETOWN IS NOT A VALID ADDRESS!). And 90% of the surveys are bologna anyways. If you're not a pregnant Filipino woman with arthritis working part time in the auto industry with 4 kids and own an iPhone, they reject you. And that was just entering shit in before you take the actual survey.

Only reliable thing is watching video ads and "click the ad on this website" offers, lol.

But hey! I did manage to get the 9900NX to get my inner armor LOL

Now for hair...

I attempted signing up for a survey site with bogus details, finished everything, stomped my way randomly through the first survey... and didn't end up with anything. I figure if I ever actually want some stuff via NX I'll just drop the money on it.

Dreavus said:
I attempted signing up for a survey site with bogus details, finished everything, stomped my way randomly through the first survey... and didn't end up with anything. I figure if I ever actually want some stuff via NX I'll just drop the money on it.

I just bought my permanent inner armor for 9900 NX the other day, and I'm already at 1000 NX from just watching vids.

Peanut Labs usually has 1 or 2 videos, but Radium One puts up video ads at random all day, each for 29NX. Sometimes you can watch the same ones multiple times! Just check'em whenever you think about it, and also pause AdBlock if you're using it or they won't show up :D

Oh! I dinged lvl 50 today and finally completed my Pact quest, lol. Paladin up in this joint! I am totally into this game again.

Edit: I'm up another 100NX not even 5 min after posting the above :p

ArtistDude88 said:
I just bought my permanent inner armor for 9900 NX the other day, and I'm already at 1000 NX from just watching vids.

Peanut Labs usually has 1 or 2 videos, but Radium One puts up video ads at random all day, each for 29NX. Sometimes you can watch the same ones multiple times! Just check'em whenever you think about it, and also pause AdBlock if you're using it or they won't show up :D

Oh! I dinged lvl 50 today and finally completed my Pact quest, lol. Paladin up in this joint! I am totally into this game again.

Edit: I'm up another 100NX not even 5 min after posting the above :p

So what did you buy?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This is addictive. If I could consistently get into sessions it would be eating way more of my time.

Is there an ideal way to get AP?

Do the oaths for each battle, and then if you really want to, you can keep running the battle over and over again until 0 AP is left to gain.

Also, do you AFK a lot? I see you on and send you a message but you never reply sadface

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Cow Mengde said:
There should be daily quests that give you full AP (whatever it's original starting AP is) each day. AP is unlimited.
Yeah I saw one of the Dailies with AP highlighted, that makes sense.

Really pretty cool stuff. Was there a thread in gaming for this ever?

Hawkian said:
Yeah I saw one of the Dailies with AP highlighted, that makes sense.

Really pretty cool stuff. Was there a thread in gaming for this ever?
I believe this thread was in gaming when it first launched in NA.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Tempted to repick this up, but I'd probably choose Fiona again. Counter just feels to good to not use, but I'm still upset I don't know where my level 40 went. Don't really want to level all the way up again.

HAHAHA!
I found my account by resetting all my Nexon passwords to all possible e-mails. Turns out it was the last one. I ran a new character to level 9 in an hour so I'm glad that is in there. Liking and digging all the new post fight stats and UI changes.

I got into 1 party and after the fight there was something besides Gold/AP/Morality or something? Can someone explain how that works? More boss damage = more? Is less bad? Is this an anti camping (afk run) measure?
What newer mechanics have been introduced since Hulk is playable?

*Does 1.7 mil gold sound about right at level 42? I remember at level cap it was a dumb rush for fast items and I saw a level 66 in town.
My ID on West is (Quote to see)

Orgun

Total halibut has done a WTF video series on the European pre release version, funny as he'll. Glad I'll finally be able to play it without use of a VPN. About damn time

Hazaro said:
Tempted to repick this up, but I'd probably choose Fiona again. Counter just feels to good to not use, but I'm still upset I don't know where my level 40 went. Don't really want to level all the way up again.

HAHAHA!
I found my account by resetting all my Nexon passwords to all possible e-mails. Turns out it was the last one. I ran a new character to level 9 in an hour so I'm glad that is in there. Liking and digging all the new post fight stats and UI changes.

I got into 1 party and after the fight there was something besides Gold/AP/Morality or something? Can someone explain how that works? More boss damage = more? Is less bad? Is this an anti camping (afk run) measure?

*Does 1.7 mil gold sound about right at level 42? I remember at level cap it was a dumb rush for fast items and I saw a level 66 in town.
I'm pretty sure I added you from when you first rolled your Fiona. have to check.

Btw when do you guys play anyways, would be nice to run with Gaffers for once.

1.7 mil can get you buy if you are careful about when to upgrade to new gear and weapons.

OatmealMu

Hazaro said:

HAHAHA!

At the end of the level, it shows how much damage you did to the boss versus your teammates. So, if you were in a party of four and did 25% damage, it means you chipped away at a quarter of the boss's health. Thankfully, nobody else can see how much damage you did, so you can usually avoid grief for not doing enough DEEPEEESSSSSherpderp.

IIRC, since Bob Sapp was added, some characters got new moves. Oh, and hammer Fionas got a huge buff. Prices for hammer materials have since shot up. 1.7 million gold should be okay for the time being. That said, high-end material prices are insane. Glas Ghaibhleann's Torn Pants are around 25 million a piece. Players can only battle Glas once a day, the drop rate is awful and you need his nasty-ass drawers for the best armor.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Alright sounds good. Glad Hammer Fionas got buffs.

I'm surprised Europe got the EXTREME version. Why doesn't NA have that :[
*Can you show damage numbers in NA version? Always irked me.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Cow Mengde said:
BTW, how's jumping in the Extreme version? We in the US have the vanilla version, so no jumping.
It looks nice. Plus it has damage numbers. You can see new Lann stuff in his video WTF is Vindictus.

I have gold/white evil cores that sometimes drop. Is Luck = % of double drop?

Valygar

We can jump and do a 2 normal attack - 1 strong attack small combo, it's not that useful but it's nice. But from what I've read from the forums there are some shitty changes, like Fiona guard and Heavy stance (the other guard skill) being combined into one, so we only have to press the Guard button regardless of the attack the boss is using. A bit lame, and the skill description was very misleading.

ArtistDude88 said:
Lack of people joining boats and lack of people to talk to while playing is starting to bum me out again.
That why I kinda stopped playing. You play in the afternoon your time? I'll jump on during those time to help do dailies and whatever.

Orgun

Hope to finish downloading the EU preview this evening, been wanting to play this ever since I got to try it for 5 minutes via VPN when it was first released in the states.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Blood Lord doesn't mess around.
Had a higher level carry me through some stuff, won the second time around together, didn't even need to transform. Shield Fiona still OP as hell.

Also I learned to cancel shield sprint smash into heavy stander. So goooooooood.

Valygar

Evie has been released in EU now! . That's great, they are taking a fast pace. I've tried her and I didnt like it, it feels a bit more mmorpgish than the other two characters. I'm playing with the X360 pad and with Evie it is just not so fun.

But one or two of my friends might level up her, he seems to be a nice or even a bit OP character, specially if you don't play solo.

Hmmm, that is pretty cool that you guys get Evie so soon. We had to wait months for it. Then again, you guys had to wait an entire year to get the game, so they should compensate you guys with some goodies.

BTW, here's a fun glitch a friend stumbled into during the Irukul raid. It made break off an absolute joke. No idea how to repeat it though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrLfCupD-UM

Did a few Hero difficulty battles for the first time yesterday. Pretty fun! I only did the first two boats because I feared for my safety doing Ainle+ on Hero by myself lol. Are Enhancement Elixirs rare? I got one one my first Hero run and haven't seen one since.

Also, it's taking forever to gain Paladin levels... Can you only gain a max amount of XP per transformation or something?

Oh oh! I got my permanent hair too. I think I'll save up for a free storage chest now lol.

ArtistDude88 said:
Did a few Hero difficulty battles for the first time yesterday. Pretty fun! I only did the first two boats because I feared for my safety doing Ainle+ on Hero by myself lol. Are Enhancement Elixirs rare? I got one one my first Hero run and haven't seen one since.

Also, it's taking forever to gain Paladin levels... Can you only gain a max amount of XP per transformation or something?

Oh oh! I got my permanent hair too. I think I'll save up for a free storage chest now lol.
Seems that way about transformation level. At least it is free to transform. prior to patch, cost 10 AP. 2nd Trans uses that 10 Ap.

Elixir are pretty rare.

Deadly

ArtistDude88 said:

Yeah most easy way to gain xp is to do Boat 1's "Friends" quest where there's a bunch of mobs that spawn. I forgot the max amount but you definitely get it there.

Top Bottom