• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

desverger

Europe just got Episode 5 today (v1.06), which is good news, since some people were expecting it to happen sometime next year. I guess you can never know since it's Nexonlol.

Any tips on what armor sets to start working on now? I currently have a Fiona at level 39, and I haven't even made the Spider Lord set yet.

Spider Lord -> Laghodessa -> ?

What about weapons? Is it worth to make those lvl 36 weapons that take tons of Gold Ore, or just wait for your lvl 44 ones (Stigma and Nightmare)?

Kayo-kun

desverger said:
Europe just got Episode 5 today (v1.06), which is good news, since some people were expecting it to happen sometime next year. I guess you can never know since it's Nexonlol.

Any tips on what armor sets to start working on now? I currently have a Fiona at level 39, and I haven't even made the Spider Lord set yet.

What about weapons? Is it worth to make those lvl 36 weapons that take tons of Gold Ore, or just wait for your lvl 44 ones (Stigma and Nightmare)?

I'd suggest going for the level 40-44 armor sets and waiting for the level 44 weapons. Everyone will be selling them now that the level cap is raised so they will be quite cheap. You often dont need the best armor/equipment set while playing anyway so just keep leveling and collecting money imo.

desverger said:

Stigma is easy to make as I recall, but Nightmare is a... Nightmare. I stuck with Nihility or whatever it's called until I can get Serenity. Serenity is pretty easy to make and powerful.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Are there any legitimate fixes for the horrible lag in this game? I stopped playing a while ago thinking that getting out of beta and being 1.0 for a while would do something about it, but it didn't do anything about it lol.

Are there any legitimate fixes for the horrible lag in this game? I stopped playing a while ago thinking that getting out of beta and being 1.0 for a while would do something about it, but it didn't do anything about it lol.

It just depends on who you connect to. I honestly haven't been having too much problems with lag these days. I mean, it does happen, but I'd say 95% of the time it's good. Plus, I DON'T host because I know my speed is shit.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Just saying, you have port forwarded right? Because I had horrible hosting lag until I forwarded the ports used by Vindictus on my router.

Ya I forwarded them. Getting some friends to d/l it so we can test it out.

As someone who has been away from the game for more than a year, have they fleshed it out a bit? I remember when I was playing there were 2 areas, lol.

jediyoshi

Finally some closure. Almost made it a full year there.

Z1wPM.jpg

Omnicent

Man people are using the new "exploit" to far.
When people (anyone 25+) can shit out 15mil+ an hour the economy is bound to collapse.
I hope nexon does a server roll back.... but this is Nexon so you never know.

Deadly

Man people are using the new "exploit" to far.
When people (anyone 25+) can shit out 15mil+ an hour the economy is bound to collapse.
I hope nexon does a server roll back.... but this is Nexon so you never know.
What's the exploit? Wasn't the economy pretty fucked already?

Omnicent

What's the exploit? Wasn't the economy pretty fucked already?

You can buy a certain item for x5 for 100 gold.
They sell each for 50 gold. This is a profit of 30 gold.

With a clear inventory box you can buy 4800 of them at a time which makes you 144,000 gold.

You can do this (if you have no life) once every 10-30 seconds (how fast can you click), which means you can make 15-30 million an hour.

If you make a script for this (stupid easy and would take .5-2 or so hours if you have any programming background) you can probably make over 60 million an hour.

Go to the official forums. Nexon is not open during the weekend, so it's the Tieve Box event all over again... just 1000 times worse.

There was emergency maintenance, they rolled back the gold, and I think they banned people.

Wasn't aware of the exploit, I am all of level 12 (Evie).

Still not sure if I want to continue on or not.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
There was emergency maintenance, they rolled back the gold, and I think they banned people.

Wasn't aware of the exploit, I am all of level 12 (Evie).

Still not sure if I want to continue on or not.

Evie is getting much more fun in the mid 20's for me, thanks to picking up some new skills and my scythe.

No one play anymore? So lonely :(

Wasn't really feeling it. I ended up repeating a mission three or four times because I couldn't get the required 100 points, and I ended up overleveled as a result.

When I went to do the next mission (level 13, mission was level 10), I cleared it on the first try but ended up with a 75% penalty on the quest reward. :-/

I'm not really sure why they did that, all it does is penalize people who have nothing and drive them to one of the zillion gold sellers who are constantly advertising in town.

Part of the problem is that my back log of games is huge, so unless something is basically perfect I don't really have the time to invest into it.

I actually logged in today to spend my AP... Did a few dailies... Feelsgoodman

But, as Hazaro said, too many other games on my plate at the moment!

Dreavus

I had to apply for guild, lol. Near impossible to get. a lvl 32-41 boat :-/

Yeah, it's tough to find people who want to do content that isn't at or near max level. Seems to be the norm in Dragon Nest too. I can really only pull a party together when I'm doing a daily. D:

The game frees up a lot of missions when you reach level 60. By then you'll have too many missions available that you won't have too much trouble finding parties.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I completed the hat trick event. Vindictus got the short end of the stick as far as rewards go, lol. 5 enhancement runes is OK I guess, but I got 10 storage and bag space, item protection for when you enhance, a dragon egg and more in dragon nest. In dfo I got 100 remy touches which is good enough, then life tokens and skeleton keys. Vindictus is shortiiinnggg me!

Its also weird because I discovered DFO and Dragon Nest through Vindictus and this event, and now I like both games more than it lol

Dreavus

I completed it too. I got a character to 20 in DFO and it was my first time playing it (didn't have the game before this event). It was pretty fun, but I don't think I'd go any further than I did. Right after hitting 20 I started to feel the grind. I'm still playing Dragon Nest occasionally (it was the primary game that I wanted the rewards in, haha)... but I don't think I'll ever catch the level cap at this rate.

For Vindictus, I used to log on to spend my AP but I haven't done that in a while. The dungeons started feeling like too much of a slog, even though the bosses are usually a pretty awesome fight. I'm currently stuck fighting one of the giant spiders for EXP because of level gates. The game needs more skills to fight with (I was playing Lann).

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
The grind in DFO is much less than Vindictus, it seems. Level 20 is also when the game starts to pick up, lol. You get a lot of skills in the 20's and the dungeons aren't cakewalks anymore.

Dreavus

The grind in DFO is much less than Vindictus, it seems. Level 20 is also when the game starts to pick up, lol. You get a lot of skills in the 20's and the dungeons aren't cakewalks anymore.

Hmm, maybe just bad timing then. I think having the "goal" of getting to 20 contributed to it somewhat as well.

So I log into my account to spend my AP... All my gear and everything from my bags are gone. Someone must really hate me, because my WoW account also got broken into recently... I don't go downloading shit off the internet willy nilly either. And I scan EVERYTHING I download... twice, with 2 different programs. How does this shit happen?!

Anywho... Time to find out how good/bad Nexon's support is.

So I log into my account to spend my AP... All my gear and everything from my bags are gone. Someone must really hate me, because my WoW account also got broken into recently... I don't go downloading shit off the internet willy nilly either. And I scan EVERYTHING I download... twice, with 2 different programs. How does this shit happen?!

Anywho... Time to find out how good/bad Nexon's support is.

uh oh. Check the mail to see the mail history of items sent. Nexon is pretty bad regarding restoration of items. They will probably just give your NX points. :|

Yeah, starting to feel like it. I got an email on the 17th...

Thank you for your recent submission to Nexon Support. Unfortunately, we are experiencing a high ticket volume at this time. We appreciate your patience and apologize that a GM has not yet been able to assist you.

We will do our best to assist you as soon as possible.

Haven't heard from them since :\

Omnicent

Ok, so I have been playing Mabinogi Heroes CN and holy damn at Lann.
You can GF after landing a smash on an enemy (not sprint smash or smash 0 though).
Just got it and oh man I'm tearing things up. Wish Vindictus EU didn't IP block or I'd play that seeing as CN has tokens.

Just got another email from Nexon.

Unfortunately, we are continuing to experience a high ticket volume at this time. We have not forgotten you and we apologize that a GM has not yet been able to assist you.

We will do our best to assist you as soon as possible.

:lol

Top Bottom