• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

Haunted

It has by far the most interesting and fluid combat system I've seen in any MMO so far.

Using the source engine and heavily depending on physics was a pretty genius move to mix up the boring and stale mechanics of pretty much every other MMO out there.

Got another email from Nexon yesterday... Same as the last one.

This is by far the worst customer support I've ever dealt with. But I guess it comes with a company offering F2P games...

I also logged in for a while and picked up the free clothes from Clodagh, and a sword & board. Started to do a mission and realized that they really did leave me with nothing. Not even a single campfire kit, spear, or 1 gold.

This realization coupled with their terrible support makes me feel I'll likely never really get back into this game.

Oh well, for a F2P game, it really held my interest longer than any other before it!

I was flippin' channels today and landed on X-Play, and they did a little spot on Vindicuts. Anywho, they're giving away free X-Play under armor.

[link]

PS: Still haven't gotten a reply from Nexon about my account. I've given up and deleted the game, lol.

EDIT: After reading, they're only giving away 100 of them... On TV they made it sound like they were just handing them out to everyone. Sorry.

Dreavus

So is this like MH or something? Moderately interested in this...

Kind of, I suppose. In some ways I wish it was MORE like MH than it currently is. The boss fights are great, especially the big ones, but it's almost never just a boss fight. The levels you have to get through to fight those bosses get tedious pretty quickly.

There's also the fact that since you're choosing a particular character class, you only have two weapons to choose from that play similarly in many ways - like spears or swords for the Lann character. Kind of kills a bit of the variety that you'd see in MH where you have lots of different weapons to choose from. There's also the fact that you level up, invest skill points, etc. which MH doesn't bother with.

I had fun with it for a while. Being F2P, and on Steam if you've got that up and running, it's pretty easy to jump into and try out.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Kind of, I suppose. In some ways I wish it was MORE like MH than it currently is. The boss fights are great, especially the big ones, but it's almost never just a boss fight. The levels you have to get through to fight those bosses get tedious pretty quickly.

There's also the fact that since you're choosing a particular character class, you only have two weapons to choose from that play similarly in many ways - like spears or swords for the Lann character. Kind of kills a bit of the variety that you'd see in MH where you have lots of different weapons to choose from. There's also the fact that you level up, invest skill points, etc. which MH doesn't bother with.

I had fun with it for a while. Being F2P, and on Steam if you've got that up and running, it's pretty easy to jump into and try out.

Hmm...Only mildly interested if you have to "build" your character like that. I'm playing DFO more now (redownloaded after seeing it on Steam, ha), and that's a pretty big sink. The problem I have with having to invest skill points and such is that if you screw up, you're forced to either reroll and grind again, or pay for a reset. I don't mind paying a few bucks for these F2P game since I usually manage to get 30+ hours out of them (and a few bucks don't hurt), but it's somewhat of a turnoff even still.

I may still check it out after my bonus EXP on DFO ends. Thanks for the impressions!

Hmm...Only mildly interested if you have to "build" your character like that. I'm playing DFO more now (redownloaded after seeing it on Steam, ha), and that's a pretty big sink. The problem I have with having to invest skill points and such is that if you screw up, you're forced to either reroll and grind again, or pay for a reset. I don't mind paying a few bucks for these F2P game since I usually manage to get 30+ hours out of them (and a few bucks don't hurt), but it's somewhat of a turnoff even still.

I may still check it out after my bonus EXP on DFO ends. Thanks for the impressions!

I hope you play it,i'd say i have over 100 hours in vindictus.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Wait you actually are supposed to invest skill points? I thought all skill upgrades came from completing quests and from your gear. Like "Quest Complete! STR+8"

XtremeCacher

Neo Member
Hey guys, I played vindict for a while serveral months ago but could never find anyone to play with, now that i found GAF I soon hope to get back into the battle.

I'm going to have to look when I get home from work, like i said its been several months, I stopped around lvl 45 or so and I was close to top, I'm afraid to know how far behind I will be now. I sadly have not kept up with the game as I should have.

k

also my evies lvl 45 but i've been alternating characters.

XtremeCacher

Neo Member
k

also my evies lvl 45 but i've been alternating characters.

My main was a Lann, I have a feeling I will be remaking a character just to get a fresh start, my only problem is I'm not sure I'll enjoy repeating story.
Plus I'll have to update tonight I'm sure lol, will def be on tomorrow night though

My main was a Lann, I have a feeling I will be remaking a character just to get a fresh start, my only problem is I'm not sure I'll enjoy repeating story.
Plus I'll have to update tonight I'm sure lol, will def be on tomorrow night though

Awesome

and tbh the story doesn't really get boring

i mean if i'm doing it on 4 different characters it can't be that bad.

Damn, it's been so long since I played this game last. I remember not having enough time to grind for all the materials to get all the awesome equipment that is necessary to survive properly and join raids.

I'll try to play again sometime, but I have a feeling it's still a materials grindfest.

XtremeCacher

Neo Member
Damn, it's been so long since I played this game last. I remember not having enough time to grind for all the materials to get all the awesome equipment that is necessary to survive properly and join raids.

I'll try to play again sometime, but I have a feeling it's still a materials grindfest.

The grinding needed to even remotly fit in with the rest of the population is unreal, its either grinding or saving up to buy the materials if possible. But I think it would be more ejoyable if we all play together. Is anyone still hosting a vent server?

The grinding needed to even remotly fit in with the rest of the population is unreal, its either grinding or saving up to buy the materials if possible. But I think it would be more ejoyable if we all play together. Is anyone still hosting a vent server?

That's what I was afraid of...I'd be willing to try to join up on a GAF-group, but my equipment (and probably whatever little skill I had) is probably absolute crap.

Although the one problem is that, while getting 4 people in a group could be relatively easy, the raids go anywhere from 6-24(?) people now.

XtremeCacher

Neo Member
That's what I was afraid of...I'd be willing to try to join up on a GAF-group, but my equipment (and probably whatever little skill I had) is probably absolute crap.

Although the one problem is that, while getting 4 people in a group could be relatively easy, the raids go anywhere from 6-24(?) people now.

Im sure my eq is behind the times as well, I believe we could manage, and even getting one other person you know and can communicate with makes it better. So im hoping my enjoyment of vindict will soon begin again. But im afraid getting a full raid may be difficult, I had that problem often

XtremeCacher

Neo Member
I don't think the grinding's that bad.

I just remembering it being bad, I will have to play again to build my opinion back up, I just remember certain equipment seemed to take a crazy amount of specific materials.

Nothing was unbearable, its not the reason i stopped playing

I did some research and found out kai's being released on the 18th

NOTE:
- Kai character MUST be created on the account with the character that completed the objective.
- Kai character MUST be created before July 21st.
- Play responsibly and take rests in between game play.

Clydefrog

I did some research and found out kai's being released on the 18th

NOTE:
- Kai character MUST be created on the account with the character that completed the objective.
- Kai character MUST be created before July 21st.
- Play responsibly and take rests in between game play.

wtf? they give you 3 days to create the character?

Top Bottom