• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

1stStrike

Banned
My friend got to the character creation screen on West so looks like that server is fine. East is fucked.

Patch is dling at the slowest possible speeds imaginable, so I might a well just go to bed and hope it's stable after work tomorrow.

VAIL

Yep, they bounce... :lol

28lzwwx.jpg

Yes managed to get into the west server using the ip proxy, though I didnt try this server without it so maybe I don't need it. Dunno.

Playing the dual wielder. The VA is kinda meh.

1stStrike

Banned
Fucking en-

They seriously should have just had some mirrored downloads or a fully patched client hosted in a few places for this. I mean, come the fuck on. This is like common sense shit for any game company.

Maleficence said:
Yes managed to get into the west server using the ip proxy, though I didnt try this server without it so maybe I don't need it. Dunno.

Playing the dual wielder. The VA is kinda meh.

What proxy?

itxaka

Defeatist
1stStrike said:
Fucking en-

They seriously should have just had some mirrored downloads or a fully patched client hosted in a few places for this. I mean, come the fuck on. This is like common sense shit for any game company.

So the en- file(s?) are actually part of the update or they are just fucked up updates?

Mine is also stuck on that for the last 30 minutes :_(

Also, there is a new client on the page, it downloads the game but seems to be smaller (1,9Gb Beta vs 1,8Gb Open Beta)

itxaka said:
So the en- file(s?) are actually part of the update or they are just fucked up updates?

Also, there is a new client on the page, it downloads the game but seems to be smaller (1,9Gb Beta vs 1,8Gb Open Beta)

I think they are part of the update. The server is getting hammered so downloading is slow. If you make the bar fill up a little over half way, you'll soon see it's downloading other files. A lot of .wav files.

I seriously hope this doesn't work or I hate this, I'm playing 3 separate god damn mmo's at the moment and I really don't need to make it 4.

But yeah looks pretty cool.

Sectus

itxaka

Defeatist
Cow Mengde said:
I think they are part of the update. The server is getting hammered so downloading is slow. If you make the bar fill up a little over half way, you'll soon see it's downloading other files. A lot of .wav files.

I can see that is downloading at 100Kbs (maxing my work connection lol) but It doesn't seem to be downloading anything.

Plus the client pointing to http://174.35.20.69/ which only contains "CDNetworks Test page" is suspicious :D

I'll have to wait, no big deal

1stStrike

Banned
itxaka said:

Yes, some people are like "oh it's broken, it's just looping en- over and over again!" but that's not the case. It's just a big ass file (basically the entire english client) that it's downloading in sections. So, if you cancel out then you'll have to download it all again. Just let it download and be miserable like the rest of us that are stuck with shitty download speeds :|

I just tried the dude and beat his prologue. Something's strange though, the controls are the default controls even though I already tweaked them in the options menu. This game also runs smooth as butter on my rig with 2x aa and basically everything else except shadows on max. Very nice.

This game is pretty damn polished, thought it would be sloppy like other mmo's, I will even go and say the interface is much cleaner than a lot of paid mmo's out there.

JWong

Banned
So is there anything new compared to the previous beta?

I couldn't keep playing because I knew everything would be wiped.

Sectus

Could I get anymore help with setting up a proxy? :(

I have no idea how to set up SocksCap. Is there a way to do a check if it is properly connecting via a proxy?

HAHA it all worked fine until I tried to go on my first mission, at which point the game gives the delay message and disconnects me. did it twice in a row so I'll try in the morning. Night all.

Btw, used this proxy

host:71.63.4.143
Port:27977

It worked until that part I said above, but not sure if that's the game or the proxy's fault.

Lebron

Played for a few on West just to kill time, but I think i'm done. I'll just wait till East is up, which will probably be tomorrow :p

This is me. I stole this name from a friend of mine who was playing Heroes of the 3 Kingdoms (a pretty lame MMORPG BTW). Man he's going to be pissed when he knows I'm the one who stole the name Fartman. :lol

BXTiv.jpg

Sectus

Damn IP block :mad:

Now the game even refuses to start and just comes with an error message it can't contact some patch site. I dunno if I've got my program setup incorrectly (trying ProxyCap right now), or if the proxies I'm trying aren't working.

Belfast

It's fun, and the presentation is suitably slick, but I'd be hard pressed to call this an "MMO," at least in the persistent, open-world sense. It's more mission-based and caters to small groups of players at a time outside of hub areas (which are also split into channels).

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
This is the bastard love child of Devil May Cry and Diablo, it's not really an MMO. You meet up with people in towns (lobbies) and go run instanced dungeons together, except this time you're mashing M1 & M2 instead of various skills and buttons. It's slick and well put together for what it is, but it really doesn't scratch my MMO itch.

The combat feels good. There's quite a few options for attacking, grappling, and some projectile weapons. The game's specs are very friendly so I had great graphics and a smooth frame rate. Frame rate is very important in an action game.

I love the amount of options we have from the start in how to fight. It really reminds me of double dragon. I grab and enemy and repeatedly nail them in the gut, then kick them while they're down. The supplex was was satisfying, especially if you can drop it into multiple enemy. Grabbing random shit as weapons is also nice. I killed enemies with their own dead comrades.

This is the bastard love child of Devil May Cry and Diablo, it's not really an MMO. You meet up with people in towns (lobbies) and go run instanced dungeons together, except this time you're mashing M1 & M2 instead of various skills and buttons. It's slick and well put together for what it is, but it really doesn't scratch my MMO itch.

I wouldn't be surprised. It scratches my brawler itch though, and that's exactly what I was hoping this game would do.

LFG

Neophyte
1stStrike said:
Still downloading the patch......

Fuck it. I'm going to bed.

sorry you didn't get to play at all today. you were so excited to get started and had the whole day off too...sucks man.

i'll never get this patch downloaded.

FinKL

yea i gave up on the patch, i'm trying my hand on an external link (FileShack) with a download accelerator...800-1000kbs > 20 kbs

10 more minutes to go, + whatever patches I need (please not much)

EDIT: Might as well wait it out, still lots of slow patching ahead. Goin to sleep now :(

LyarVonLyar

Neo Member
I would agree this doesn't feel very mmo-ish, but I think that is part of the appeal. I can pick up large pieces of meat and beat down enemies, I am sold. The interface and execution all feel great and responsive, the chat box is on the right side of the screen which feels odd to me. So far there doesn't seem to be too many options to customize the interface, why games feel the need to put my name above my character's head is beyond me. Perhaps more options will be available later.

Top Bottom