• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

Was taking forever to update using the east server, I closed it and chose west as my server and it updated in less than a minute. :lol

Edit: now the game won't start. I keep getting an error message pop up but its all ??????????. WTF.

Created a character named Verigan on the West server. The game so far has been enjoyable for me. Just wish I was able to use all of my Dualshock's buttons for this. For some strange reason the game doesn't detect the analog sticks so that I can remap them from the d-pad.

itxaka

Defeatist
Got one good proxy at last. I like the game a lot, much more intense than a normal mmo as you are more involved in the battle!

Itxaka on west if you wanna hit me, finished the first dungeon. OMG level 2 :p

LyarVonLyar

Neo Member
What exactly do the mineral veins look like? The help video just shows someone throwing the mining bomb into a random corner with things around for profit. I've thrown a bunch of mining bombs in cracks and what not but can never seem to find any ore. I am a bit lost on this "mining."

Still can't get the game to start. Keep getting a Nexon Game Manager warning and then it shuts down. Can't read the error cause it's all question marks.

Lebron

bloodforge said:
Still can't get the game to start. Keep getting a Nexon Game Manager warning and then it shuts down. Can't read the error cause it's all question marks.
Try going into the Vindictus folder and starting it up that way.

kurohana

bloodforge said:
I think you have to run as admin when this happens. I think that fixed it for my friend, not too sure.

The M.O.B

The West Servers just went down for maintenance :(

I was in the middle of finishing my character.

The combat is awesome though! This is the type of game I could see myself putting down some cash for more dungeons/armor and stuff.

Dreavus

The M.O.B said:
The West Servers just went down for maintenance :(

I was in the middle of finishing my character.

The combat is awesome though! This is the type of game I could see myself putting down some cash for more dungeons/armor and stuff.

Yup, both out for 3 hours it says. ><

I had just hit "create" for my character and was watching the camera pan towards me in town. Noooo!!! :lol

Xiaoki

My impressions:

The kb/m controls are not great, it definitely feels like you really need a controller.

Im level 12 and already tired of the crafting bits grinding. Why is simple things like "cloth" so rare?

The gameplay is alright but it seems like a bit of Monster Hunter mixed with a lot of mindless hack and slash.

Its not fun playing solo and it's too easy with 4 people.

tomegatherion77

Neo Member
I know this is a shot in the dark, but I just missed out on the beta key give away (darn time zones), anyway if anyone has an extra it would be most appreciated^^

1stStrike

Banned
lol naturally, I wake up to see the patch is finished DLing, go to at least create my character before work, and the servers are down for maintenance for at least another hour. They never learn with these MMO's.

Ricker

Just tried the East server before heading out for the first time, and I can`t start the game...at 8 in the morning,that`s not a good sign :lol

LFG

Neophyte
anyone know about the skill system? i'm afraid to start training something because i'm scared i'll mess my character up :lol

can you max out all skills or just a few?

1stStrike

Banned
I still can't get into East, but I was able to get into West to create my character, thus I have. Character name "Elvirnith". Played the prologue and such. Then I clicked the button to take me to the town and it disconnected =\

Volodja

randomwab said:
What proxy are non-US people using to get in?
I know some people are using a lite version of the AOL suite to mask their IP.
But I still haven't tried it and I don't know eventual drawbacks.

1stStrike

Banned
I feel bad for you guys that need to use a proxy. There's already enough server issues without having to fight with that too :|

Also, what I did get to play was pretty bad ass. I have every setting maxed out and it didn't even hiccup on my PC. Looks great, and the gameplay is fun so far. I'm playing with the mouse/keyboard setup. Was fun tossing some of the monsters into shit and off of the railing. Fiona's kick is sweet too.

I'll probably swap it over to the keyboard setup and see if that's better later on when I get a chance to properly play (assuming the servers aren't exploding again)

WTF? I can't share my characters between servers? I'm using East today and my characters are gone! No big lost, but still kind of annoying.

Anony

i got through the tutorial and created character

start game, a min later, says i'm running unauthorized program or something, then get booted

Yeef

Anony said:
i got through the tutorial and created character

start game, a min later, says i'm running unauthorized program or something, then get booted
I was having that problem too last night. Turned out it was because I was running it through Steam.

I figured out a more effective way to use Lann. People say he's spammy, but right now, I'm able to attack and dodge all with one move. Instead of doing the smash attack, I use the spin attack and spin out of harm's way and still manage to attack. This works for bosses with smaller attack range of course. I haven't encountered any bosses with wider attack range yet. I usually just spin attack to their side to avoid their attacks all together.

That my strategy so far anyway.

The game is really easy at the moment. Hard is actually incredible easy to solo.

Part of the reason is that normal enemies seem to be interrupted from any attack, meaning they never get a chance to atatck. Especially if you play as the dude.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Got to the first real boss.

OHKO'd my full hp party member :lol

I survived but got hit shortly after twice :[

Any level 10+ or so on West? Hit upNancy.

Maleficence said:
The game is really easy at the moment. Hard is actually incredible easy to solo.

Part of the reason is that normal enemies seem to be interrupted from any attack, meaning they never get a chance to atatck. Especially if you play as the dude.

Yeah, grunts can't attack when they're hit.

Leatherface

I can't play until i get home from work tonight. I need to start reading some impressions and seeing screen caps! Don't let me down GAF! Help me make it through this day! :D

VAIL

Maleficence said:

Wait until about lvl 9 or so then the challenge kicks in.

Top Bottom