• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

Mephala

Anyone on GAF still playing Vindictus? I just recently started playing because it finally got an Australian release. Trying out Lann, but I'm not very far along atm, really enjoying the gameplay though.

Me! I started a couple of weeks ago on Aus server. I'm playing Fiona and she is quite fun too. Add me in game: Ravness.

Mephala

Cool. I'll be on tomorrow evening. I'm in Sydney, not sure if our times are the same. I'm Lv34 but I'll be happy to play some of the lower level missions with you if you want. I need to AP any way. Hopefully you can host since my internet is not very good for hosting games.

Setsuna

could also Add

Elvaan level 61 Scythe Evie
Soniiko level 53 Sword Fiona
Purhanna level 28 Kai
LannLahn level 51 Spear Lann

Raxum

Cool. I'll be on tomorrow evening. I'm in Sydney, not sure if our times are the same. I'm Lv34 but I'll be happy to play some of the lower level missions with you if you want. I need to AP any way. Hopefully you can host since my internet is not very good for hosting games.

Awesome, I should be on for a bit as well, I'm in Queensland haha. Yeah my Lann is only level 18, been trying to play more but friends just started with me and they're already behind me and gah. Organisation!

Also, feel free to add me on steam if that's your thing, name is Raxxum on there as well

Mephala

Awesome, I should be on for a bit as well, I'm in Queensland haha. Yeah my Lann is only level 18, been trying to play more but friends just started with me and they're already behind me and gah. Organisation!

Also, feel free to add me on steam if that's your thing, name is Raxxum on there as well

Added you.

I'll look up the others as well tomorrow.

Mephala

could also Add

Elvaan level 61 Scythe Evie
Soniiko level 53 Sword Fiona
Purhanna level 28 Kai
LannLahn level 51 Spear Lann

Either I'm an idiot and doing something wrong, they all deleted their characters or none of them are on the Australian server. :\

Got a question though. Is there a way to make the text bigger? I'm playing on a big screen from the comfy couch and I can't read a thing.

jediyoshi

Really curious what their player count has been since season 2 dropped. Looking at the marketplace right now and for light armor I'm only seeing 2 pieces of new light armor, not even a whole set.

Also Mabinogi just dropped on steam f2p. Suprised more of nexon's stuff hasn't dropped on there by now
http://store.steampowered.com/app/212200/

Setsuna

Either I'm an idiot and doing something wrong, they all deleted their characters or none of them are on the Australian server. :\

Got a question though. Is there a way to make the text bigger? I'm playing on a big screen from the comfy couch and I can't read a thing.

whoops, i am on the US server I probably should have added that

jediyoshi

Bit of an official english Vella preview finally up (nothing new). Nice they kept the original spelling intact this time around
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/...-Vella-The-Mistress-of-the-Seas-Revealed.html

skill names:
gust sting
tumult blade
thunderous squall
backlash
double cross
slipaway
typhoon slash
cyclone

English reveal video
www.youtube.com/watch?&v=NuOAYXJLxxU

got my dazzle em dead pack ready to go. also just noticed on steam, buying it through them is completely broken since it only allows a single purchase.

Bit of an official english Vella preview finally up (nothing new). Nice they kept the original spelling intact this time around
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/...-Vella-The-Mistress-of-the-Seas-Revealed.html

skill names:
gust sting
tumult blade
thunderous squall
backlash
double cross
slipaway
typhoon slash
cyclone

English reveal video

got my dazzle em dead pack ready to go. also just noticed on steam, buying it through them is completely broken since it only allows a single purchase.

Oh maaaaaaan hope she comes out soon.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

skill names:
gust sting
tumult blade
thunderous squall
backlash
double cross
slipaway
typhoon slash
cyclone

English reveal video

Sheiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

jediyoshi

Korean teaser page for more season 2 content up
http://heroes.nexon.com/update/twilight/teaser/
Twilight Des(li)ert :p

DeHzX.jpg

JKcMU.jpg

crossbow time?

jediyoshi

got tired of waiting and started playing chinese vindictus for vella
such a weird piecemeal version of the game

no permanent inner armor/hair, lacks most items
welcome screen has leaderboards
can jump in town
second training mission goes over jump attack, combos
no ferry dude for season 2 stuff
letter grades in mission results, combo counter
boat tokens still in
no chat spam

spot the english speakers

heroes-2012-12-11-20-a0ks8.jpg

jediyoshi

New shots of kai/crossbow up
http://heroes.nexon.com/news/devstory.aspx?bn=20&no=154&mode=view

kcT0l.jpg

r4g9V.jpg

Got super restless and went and started dumping gold towards one of the new armor sets despite it being underleveled. Way easier to find pieces on the marketplace for this at least, just need a good 28mil for the head and leg armor. Probably just going to fuse it with my last set of ingkara gear

H88Gl.jpg

Well, after 11 months my ticket for support is now a Work in progess.

Wonder how long till i get any response

Kinda seems like the status quo. wouldn't be surprised if past a certain amount of time they just hope the user stops caring. I got them to pay attention by just sending more tickets referring to older tickets.

Setsuna

servers arent up but you can patch if you remove current info

the loading screen before you login now has snow in the background

jediyoshi

So much vella, just hit 30. The season 2 quests really ease up the leveling past 20

Some shots I took, armor is temp from the depot

vindictus-2012-12-14-olrbq.jpg

vindictus-2012-12-13-1yquz.jpg

vindictus-2012-12-14-n3rod.jpg

Still downloading patch, what is the Christmas event?

The environments are winter'd up, but no actual christmas event yet so far like the tower defense thing last year.

Mephala

I do like Vella, I'm a lowly level 8 so I'm terribly weak but I have a like/dislike thing for her fighting style where she flips everywhere. Its kind of annoying when she flips away and smashes nothing and all I'm trying to do is mow down smaller mobs.

Perhaps I'm too used to Fiona, where she just lines them up and kicks seventy kinds of crap out of anything in front her within leg range. :\

jediyoshi

More concert art from twilight desert. Hope they update the logo when it drops here :p
http://heroes.nexon.com/update/twilight/part_1/update_concept_art.html

Translation of new info, shots of egyptian themed enemies. Looks like some kind of day/night cycle
http://vindictushq.com/archives/5095#more-5095

Nearing 40, not sure what to do about armor once the butterfly set runs out

vindictus-2012-12-16-byfag.jpg

vindictus-2012-12-15-f0dd5.jpg

I do like Vella, I'm a lowly level 8 so I'm terribly weak but I have a like/dislike thing for her fighting style where she flips everywhere. Its kind of annoying when she flips away and smashes nothing and all I'm trying to do is mow down smaller mobs.

Only move I feel like that accidentally happens for me is tumult blade where the flip forces a lot of distance. Otherwise all her combos are good about letting you change direction after each step.

I'd suggest unlocking thunderous squall (LLLLRR) and then deadly storm (LLLLRRR) right off the bat. Let's you tear through hallways and swing around bosses while attacking real well.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Kinda stuck choosing between the support mage (Evie?) and Kai.

Kai seems like he'd be a fun ranged DPS, but I usually like sticking to support roles in RPGs.

jediyoshi

Bummer about the season 2 bannings, as if finding groups for it wasn't hard enough
Rocking a spider lord set right now, hoping to rush through to 60 to have a set worth dyeing

vindictus-2012-12-17-l6ub3.jpg

Looks like Vindictus EU is getting Vella just now and the event list for kor mabi heroes is up.
Free dyes, unlimited res/sta, and 2x ap. http://vindictushq.com/archives/5116#more-5116

Pretty sweet new santa set too

edit: Maintenance notes up for tomorrow

• Game Server Update
  • Cash Shop Update
  • Christmas Event

jediyoshi

Game down for maintenance now, but part of the christmas event started itself up last night out of nowhere
Same tower defense minigame from last year

vindictus-2012-12-19-hwubg.jpg

The reward is a christmas 'energy' now, which is just the equivalent for the ticket from last year. Looks like the only thing you can trade them in for so far is 3 energy for a temp necklace for extra stats or 10 energy/1 christmas emblem/1 fancy cake for devil wings. Not sure what the other things are, guessing they weren't implemented yet

CMXzo.jpg

Game down for maintenance now, but part of the christmas event started itself up last night out of nowhere
Same tower defense minigame from last year

vindictus-2012-12-19-hwubg.jpg

The reward is a christmas 'energy' now, which is just the equivalent for the ticket from last year. Looks like the only thing you can trade them in for so far is 3 energy for a temp necklace for extra stats or 10 energy/1 christmas emblem/1 fancy cake for devil wings. Not sure what the other things are, guessing they weren't implemented yet

Interesting.

Top Bottom