• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
First 3 people to quote this get a copy of Surge on PSM.

(You need to be in the US or CA to redeem)

Already have it, just seeing whether I am fast enough :p

Edit: Haha :)

Great game btw. One of the best downloadable only games on Vita.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Does anyone have any tips on how to clean my screen? It's all smudgy and gross, and every time I try to clean it with something it never works. ):

Use a Microfiber cloth to clean it (the one people use for glasses).

Great news specially considering the install base. That's a lot of profit.
Really?

Assuming Ubisoft makes 60% from each copy sold, that's ~$15m in revenue. Let's assume the game's budget was half of AC3's, and shave off some extra from Sony's shouldering the marketing burden.

That's about $8m profit - 2% (being generous) of AC3's profit - and not a patch on even the much more modestly-budgeted PSP entry.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
just bought Still Life, I wish I can go back in time and stop myself from doing this mistake, srsly what the hell is this thing?

PSM, why you keep sucking? stop, please :(

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
anyone know hiw to redeem the surge cod? tried to do it at the store level but didnt work. and i caj only buy buy the game no demo to redeem at.

btw - why so hard to type on vita

Gamespawn

Does anyone have any tips on how to clean my screen? It's all smudgy and gross, and every time I try to clean it with something it never works. ):
Wash your hands with soap and water. Dry them with a paper towel. Make sure your system is off. Wipe down system on all sides with the paper towel.

Sounds ghetto but works really well for me.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

newman.jpg

anyone know hiw to redeem the surge cod? tried to do it at the store level but didnt work. and i caj only buy buy the game no demo to redeem at.

btw - why so hard to type on vita

don't do it, Surge sucks, save your bandwidth.

touch/virtual keyboard is awful.

Toma

how does near works? If i share my location, would people know where i live?

No, it just shows who lives within a few miles of your vicinity but not where exactly.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I must be getting old, I don't even know what half of the stuff on vita works ;(

I know right? remember the old good days when you just put your cartridge and play with your Gamegear? no crap useless stuff Near or Streepass..I miss those days :(

Toma

I know right? remember the old good days when you just put your cartridge and play with your Gamegear? no crap useless stuff Near or Streepass..I miss those days :(

Its a bit sad that the connectivity keeps distracting me from playing games at times. But I am enjoying it also quite a bit, posting statusses on other peoples achievement, playing turn based MP games etcetc. Guess its a fair trade off overall.

One of my main complaints with NFS: Most Wanted on Vita was the lack of the button to switch the song... and then I realized you have to slide your finger on the back touch. I was so amazed bahahahaha - the soundtrack in this game is amazing.

yella

One of my main complaints with NFS: Most Wanted on Vita was the lack of the button to switch the song... and then I realized you have to slide your finger on the back touch. I was so amazed bahahahaha - the soundtrack in this game is amazing.

Mind = BLOWN
I did not know that haha; I was wondering why there isn't an area where you can select which tracks to keep in rotation like other EA games.

am I right to assume that chapter 1 and 2 is basically just the intro/tutorial and the main meat of the game is mostly in chapter 3?

just got into chapter 3 and I was thinking the game seems kinda short that I'm already in chapter 3, then start exploring a little and holy shit the map is huge and so open ended, I'm not sure where I'm going etc, chapter 1 and 2 have decent map and side path, but usually it lead to dead end and you can find where to go next pretty easily, I think I can get lost easily in chapter 3.

I like it so far.

Mind = BLOWN
I did not know that haha; I was wondering why there isn't an area where you can select which tracks to keep in rotation like other EA games.

Yeah I was trying everything to see if there was SOMETHING that would let you switch songs, there was no way they'd forget to add that. Now my main complaint is the complete lack of the ability to log into an existing origin account - I have one and the only option seems to be making a new one :\ Wtf @ EA.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
love seeing all those gaffers up on the scoreboard for surge....doesnt seem much to it though, nice little time waster... - not sure why it got SO much hype when it first came out... siiigh gaf hype.

Apath

I just bought three months of PS+. If I hit download for one of the free titles, and it says my purchase went through but I don't have enough space for it, will I still have access to the game for as long as I am subscribed to PS+?

ZeroAKA

Yeah I was trying everything to see if there was SOMETHING that would let you switch songs, there was no way they'd forget to add that. Now my main complaint is the complete lack of the ability to log into an existing origin account - I have one and the only option seems to be making a new one :\ Wtf @ EA.
Really? I remember I was able to log into my existing Origin account the first time I started up NFSMW.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
am I right to assume that chapter 1 and 2 is basically just the intro/tutorial and the main meat of the game is mostly in chapter 3?

just got into chapter 3 and I was thinking the game seems kinda short that I'm already in chapter 3, then start exploring a little and holy shit the map is huge and so open ended, I'm not sure where I'm going etc, chapter 1 and 2 have decent map and side path, but usually it lead to dead end and you can find where to go next pretty easily, I think I can get lost easily in chapter 3.

I like it so far.

Yeah, I felt the same way. Chapter 3 is when the game really becomes interesting. And, yes, the map is frothing huge! So many paths to take. I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying it, especially since it's not an action platformer, which I'm usually more interested in than just straight platformers.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
love seeing all those gaffers up on the scoreboard for surge....doesnt seem much to it though, nice little time waster... - not sure why it got SO much hype when it first came out... siiigh gaf hype.

here
Totobeni said:
so why PlayStation Mobile is "still" completely useless?

I don't see any thing that worth it in this service, the last game "Surge" is like 2 mins experience and not touch it again, it's really sad that FuturLab is wasting their time with PSM instead of making bigger and better Velocity (maybe native Vita Velocity)..what a waste.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=45394868&postcount=2400

Totobeni said:
There is nothing more to the game, no depth no strategy and no nothing,it's like montezuma with pink lightning, that is a 2 min game.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=45396051&postcount=2416

More of VitaGaf people should avoid the hype and listen to me. seriously

ZeroAKA

More of VitaGaf people should avoid the hype and listen to me. seriously
If more people listened to you, the Vita would die
even faster
due to low software sales.

I do agree with you in this case though. PSM does not have any content that compels me to open my wallet yet.

zulux21

I could have sworn it did. K, thanks for the info. I guess after I finish it, I'll work on Grandia.

nope just the first got a psp version, you might be able to pester Victor Ireland and see if he has any plans of bringing the ps1 versions of lunar onto the psn though.

zulux21

So zmart listed disney infinity and mw4 on vita???

I know I wouldn't buy either for the vita, but I will get disney at some point... I mostly plan to get into those once the market bursts and I can get all the figures really cheap... though I have picked up enough skylanders to do most of the original game lol.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I know I wouldn't buy either for the vita, but I will get disney at some point... I mostly plan to get into those once the market bursts and I can get all the figures really cheap... though I have picked up enough skylanders to do most of the original game lol.

well since there is no Shitlistic anymore, MW4 Vita might be done by poor Raven or any of Acti devs,so it (well if acti announce it for Vita) might be decent and full port,they got a good track record with the Wii.

Top Bottom