• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

So is this Knytt game worth installing?

I got it from plus but never downloaded it
I really liked it. It's a huge, nice looking metroidvania/exploration game with clever traversal puzzles. Story/dialogue isn't much to speak of, but it's also rather ancillary to the experience.

cyborg009

Banned
New soul sacrifice monsters
valkyrie
1360316659398_PCM_0209_vakylieCG.jpg

1360316743690_PCM_0209_valkyrie_SS02.jpg

1360316785144_SS_valkyrie_wallpaper.png

Mr E.

That Valkerie is wearing fishnet stockings right? I'm on iPhone. If so that's not bad ass in my book. Just disturbing IMHO.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
That Valkerie is wearing fishnet stockings right? I'm on iPhone. If so that's not bad ass in my book. Just disturbing IMHO.

She is at her thighs but then they kind of turn into weird fleshy things.
Im so confused.

all the monsters in Textures Sacrifice are real people who got killed, the fishnet stockings should be related to the person backstory (maybe a hooker or something else) and the animal parts of their bodies are related to that too..like with the Cerberus like monster it was a man who died with his pet dogs.

Mr E.

all the monsters in Textures Sacrifice are real people who got killed, the fishnet stockings should be related to the person backstory (maybe a hooker or something else) and the animal parts of their bodies are related too..like with the cerberus like monster it was a man who died with his pet dogs.
Ah right, or maybe some beastiality back story vibe or something.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
all the monsters in Textures Sacrifice are real people who got killed, the fishnet stockings should be related to the person backstory (maybe a hooker or something else) and the animal parts of their bodies are related to that too..like with the Cerberus like monster it was a man who died with his pet dogs.

spoiler much?

cyborg009

Banned
If you can translate here is her back story:

【ワルキューレ】

女は高名な騎士の一人娘として、何不自由なく育った。

貞淑さと快活さを併せ持ち、はっとするような色香も持っていた。

しかし女は気付いていた。

騎士である父親が、後継者となる「男子」を欲していたことを。

父が本当に求めていたものを、自分は持っていない。

自分を認めて欲しい。自分を愛して欲しい。

父の関心を買うために、女は騎士となることを選択し、力を追い求めた結果・・・。

Shoyz

The google translate is pretty understandable

[Valkyrie]

As the only daughter of the renowned knight, a woman born with a silver spoon in one's mouth.

Combines the lightness and the chaste, I also had to suddenly like charm.

But the woman was aware.

That the father is a knight, wanted the "male" and the successor.

Do not have their own, what you were asking my father really.

I want to admit to myself. I want to love them.

In order to buy the interest of the father, is the result of a woman to choose to be a knight, and seek power · · ·.

Father wanted a male successor, got a girl instead, so she became a knight.

I've been enjoying sports games a lot lately (Everybody's Golf, Madden, MLB) so I caved and bought Fifa Football (not 13 for full price, balls to that) even though I don't really like footsoccerball much.

I think I remember the last Fifa game I played (11?) being kinda fun at least lol.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I've been enjoying sports games a lot lately (Everybody's Golf, Madden, MLB) so I caved and bought Fifa Football (not 13 for full price, balls to that) even though I don't really like footsoccerball much.

I think I remember the last Fifa game I played (11?) being kinda fun at least lol.

sadly FIFA and FIFA 13 are the same old FIFA game (FIFA 11 so no impact engine) just with roster update.EA is just lazy and Konami is stupid.

If you like tennis, I'd say get Virtua Tennis 4 (sim)or Hot Shot Tennis get a grip(PSP Arcade/RPG tennis game)

sadly FIFA and FIFA 13 are the same old FIFA game (FIFA 11 so no impact engine) just with roster update.EA is just lazy and Konami is stupid.

If you like tennis, I'd say get Virtua Tennis 4 (sim)or Hot Shot Tennis get a grip(PSP Arcade/RPG tennis game)
Since I don't play Fifa I don't even know what impact engine is lol.

Oh I already own Virtua Tennis 4, I just bought it so long ago it hasn't been in my sports game rotation recently. :p

Also bought Hot Shot Tennis when it was on sale, but haven't played it.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I wouldn't be surprised if Project Siren were already working on GR2 for a while now.

after the bomba that was Gravity Rush? Sony will not give gave that IP another chance..maybe the old SCE..not this one,not Shu.

I was joking with Siren, a realistic scenario here will be new IP from Toyama team on PS4.

Achtius

stupid question, do i need to turn off vita before changing games (the cards)?

also i am suprised that uncharted GA didn't come with a manual

Chrysalis

after the bomba that was Gravity Rush? Sony will not give gave that IP another chance..maybe the old SCE..not this one,not Shu.

I was joking with Siren, a realistic scenario here will be new IP from Toyama team on PS4.

I would imagine sales deficiencies would owe more to the crappy hardware sales at that point. And now the game has a bunch of new fans owing to it being free on PS+. Nah, I doubt the franchise is dead...and thank goodness for that.

It's easier than on amiga since you can continue from last level finished and not from the start when you are dead :D

Too true, that and the fact you can return to previous levels to get more ammo/keys/money is a huge help.

I also liked that the "classic" Alien Breed mode is more than just a change in graphics and sound, as well as retaining the look of the Amiga version you also don't have the twin stick aiming (that alone makes it harder), ammo and other supplies are also fewer and far between plus the navigational arrow that shows where to go is also disabled to put a much larger emphasis on exploring the mazes rather than just heading to the objective. And unless I'm imagining things more enemies seem to spawn.

I just wish people were playing this online, both because it seems like it'd be a great co-op game but also because I want to get the co-op trophies in the game! If anyone else does have the game my PSN ID is ryu16

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I would imagine sales deficiencies would owe more to the crappy hardware sales at that point. And now the game has a bunch of new fans owing to it being free on PS+. Nah, I doubt the franchise is dead...and thank goodness for that.

Yeah, there have been hints at a sequel and its one of the strongest platform titles on the console. I'd bet a month's salary on a new GR.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Thanks for posting your impressions! I'm only 25 minutes into Ch.1 so far but the game seems interesting. I really like the exploration and the non-linearity of this game. The environments look good and I agree with your opinion of the character models; they seem like a Deviantart fanart kinda thing, which I don't like.

One complaint I have is the size of the text boxes. They're pretty tiny and the font annoys me, but it's bearable since the game is not text heavy. I want to play more, but I keep going back to P4G and FTL.

Thanks, I agree.

I had seen a few people asking about Knytt, but no one answered, so I took a chance. I like that it's more exploratory than action-heavy. I do wish the character models were better, that's my only real complaint about the visuals.

I didn't like Chapter 2, but thankfully it was short. I'm really digging Chapter 3, though. I've been playing it on the bus to and from work.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
stupid question, do i need to turn off vita before changing games (the cards)?

also i am suprised that uncharted GA didn't come with a manual
Nope, you simply need to quit the game.

Also - Vita games don't have paper manuals. They're all digital, and accessed through the game's live area (pink book icon).

no fighting right? just puzzles? like limbo?
I guess Limbo is a decent comparison, there are enemies, but avoiding/defeating them is more like a puzzle. Some rooms require some careful platforming to get though, but I've generally not found it too difficult outside of the crazy optional challenges.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

P4G did well even with Vita horrible hardware sales,GR didn't..it was a bomba there is no other way around it really.

and I wont call PS+ guys fans,they really don't count and they are just free goodies lurkers and most likely will not buy GR2 when it in full price,and the increase in download numbers because the game is free wont lead to a sequel.

cyborg009

Banned
P4G did well even with Vita horrible hardware sales,GR didn't..it was a bomba there is no other way around it really.

and I wont call PS+ guys fans,they really don't count and they are just free goodies lurkers and most likely will not buy GR2 when it in full price,and the increase in download numbers because the game is free wont lead to a sequel.

Persona 4 had anime and was released on PS2 before hand, Gravity Rush was a new IP. Also why do you dislike shu? Was it because of that Socom stuff?

Teknoman

Since this thread is full of Vita owners that enjoy different genres, figure this thread would be relevant too (not to mention its in the final stretch so to speak):

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=511571

Basically its Gaijinworks (headed by Vic Ireland of Working Designs fame) final push for a physical+digital combo package for Class of Heroes 2, a first person dungeon crawling turn based RPG. Heres the gist of it:

If we can pre-sell at least 2,500 copies of a Physical PSP version with a color manual, UMD with color disc label, and a digital download code, we can do a physical+digital combo version for $34.99, shipped to you.

At this time, all we want to do is gauge interest in this offering, so if you want to purchase this version were it made available, sign up using the form below with your email address, your name, and the number of copies you want. As an extra special thank-you, supporters of our Deluxe edition Kickstarter that did not fund will get a special UMD label art that's different from the general run.

Now you arent paying for anything yet, but if they dont hit 2500 "interested sign-ups", then it'll just be a digital release. It will be Vita compatible, and a limited physical release of an RPG like this tied to the name is sure to be something great for collectors too. Plus how many games do we get an actual full color manual for these days?

Quick video of the game in action.

5/10 totos

Well+that+s+your+opinion+others+enjoy+pony+posts+and+would+_00adc38e9a4b1ee7df753dbd7beb9236.jpg

If it were sales and critical flop like resistance then sony would kill it but since it is highly praised I think Sony will give it second chance after promoting ip through PSN+.

Chrysalis

P4G wasn't a near-launch title. And to-date, GR has sold only 20% fewer copies.

Edit: Didn't realize GR dropped in June. Thought it was earlier. Still- not holiday season, considerably closer to launch. It was a high point for a handheld on life support at the time.

Top Bottom