• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

5/10 totos

Well+that+s+your+opinion+others+enjoy+pony+posts+and+would+_00adc38e9a4b1ee7df753dbd7beb9236.jpg

If it were sales and critical flop like resistance then sony would kill it but since it is highly praised I think Sony will give it second chance after promoting ip through PSN+.

next he will bring up Folklore and how Sony didn't give that game a chance. am I doing this right?

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
So is this Knytt game worth installing?

I got it from plus but never downloaded it

Top of page : buy HSG while its on sale!

I posted some impressions of it a few pages back. I'm in Chapter 3, and enjoying it a lot so far. If you already have it, sure, it's definitely worth the download.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Was that Kyntt Underground free at some point on PSN+?

Not in the US. It's currently discounted to $8.99 for PS+ members. That's when I bought it. It's original price was $14.99. My personal sweet spot for PSN prices is $5-$10. I wouldn't have bought Knytt for $15, but $9? Sure, why not?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
MGS 4 HD R4l0ad4d
(I wish)

why do you want that horrible game on Vita? it's the game where Kojima lost his magic forever then farted Piss Walker on our faces :(

Maybe if they give us Chapter 1+2 only with VR missions..but the complete game? yea do not want.

honestly Konami as a company is pretty worthless nowdays(with MGS,PES and SH being shit)but still a new Rumble Roses will be cool, or if they bring back arcadey ISS(like the N64 games) again...or maybe Goemon Mystical Ninja/Great Adventure remake or something.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
why do you want that horrible game on Vita? it's the game where Kojima lost his magic forever then farted Piss Walker on our faces :(

Maybe if they give us Chapter 1+2 only with VR missions..but the complete game? yea do not want.

honestly Konami as a company is pretty worthless nowdays(with MGS,PES and SH being shit)but still a new Rumble Roses will be cool, or if they bring back arcadey ISS(like the N64 games) again...or maybe Goemon Mystical Ninja/Great Adventure remake or something.

I want VR missions only really if I am honest, lol. But yeah, the sorta open world in chapter 1 and 2 was definitely the best part of the game.

So much venom only to turn around and wish for Rumble Roses...

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I wouldn't mind a "Castlevania Collection" released on the Vita, in volumes.

Volume I would feature "HD" remasters of Castlevania I-III

Volume II would feature "HD" remasters of Super Castlevania IV and Dracula X Chronicles (featuring the unlockable SOTN)

Volume III would feature "HD" remasters of Circle of the Moon, Harmony of Dissonance, and Aria of Sorrow.

Volume IV would feature "HD" remasters of Dawn of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin, and Order of Ecclasia.

As a huge Castlevania fan, I'd buy each and every one of those, even though I already own them all barring the DS Castlevanias. They don't have to do anything crazy with the visuals, just scale them to the Vita screen, and maybe clean up the NES games (perhaps remake those using some of the sprites from the PS1 and DS titles).

I'd pay even more money for a deluxe version, that features all 4 volumes, if they don't want to do multiple releases. I just want more CV on the Vita! I've been playing Symphony of the night for damn near 15 years, and if I can't get a new Igavania on the Vita, I'll settle for the old ones, and the classic ones!

*cries in a corner*

Salaadin

Peace Walker would be amazing on the Vita. I dont care what some people say about that game....it played great and had fantastic multiplayer with lots of unlockables. Id love a Vita version with proper dual analog support and Master Miller speedo back touch functionality.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Peace Walker would be amazing on the Vita. I dont care what some people say about that game....it played great and had fantastic multiplayer with lots of unlockables. Id love a Vita version with proper dual analog support and Master Miller speedo back touch functionality.

I'd love to replay it tbh.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

Loved that game. I actually bought three copies of it day one and gave two out to my Monster Hunter crew from back then, haha.

Kraftwerk

Any other games out there similar to Ninja Gaiden or God of War? I need something to tide me over until Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus 2 is released.

Gadirok

Enjoying Bentley's Hack Pack. When I get the free time, Sly 4 is on my list to attain next. I ran my budget dry last month with the killzone trilogy, and alot of pre-holiday shopping. Namely the pulse headset...

I have seen the light!

I now understand why FFIX is so beloved!

I'm only about 3 hours in but damn if this isn't the most underrated FF in the entire series. I'm loving it!

Enjoying Bentley's Hack Pack. When I get the free time, Sly 4 is on my list to attain next. I ran my budget dry last month with the killzone trilogy, and alot of pre-holiday shopping. Namely the pulse headset...

What is that Bentley game? I noticed it in the store and thought it was DLC for Sly 4.

Toma

I have seen the light!

I'm only about 3 hours in but damn if this isn't the most underrated FF in the entire series. I'm loving it!

Underrated? Eeeeh. I dont think any of the FF's is underrated. FFXIII is way overrated though :p

IX has a 93,32% review average and is the second best rated FF with more than 1 review, according to Gamerankings. Its also the 12th best RPG SINCE THE BEGINNING OF HUMANKIND!*

for dramatic effect

So, I went and bought Mortal Kombat from Gamestop.

$20, New.

Then I went to Walmart to look for Street Fighter x Tekken and they didn't have it but they had Mortal Kombat for $40.

Fucking Walmart.

I'm really liking Mortal Kombat though.

Caoz

Whoa there is a black ops declassified bundle for 160 at warehousedeals... Crazy price I hope someone who has been really looking for one gets it...

Caoz

I have seen the light!

Same here, quickly got to 3 hours of gameplay very fast... I was quickly reminded why good FF games are so beloved.

Shahed

I remember playing (or at least seeing my sister play) Parasite Eve back in the day, and while I thought it was decent, I was never that interested. Just started it earlier today and despite some dated mechanics (holding a button to run), I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would.

Ohnonono

I remember playing (or at least seeing my sister play) Parasite Eve back in the day, and while I thought it was decent, I was never that interested. Just started it earlier today and despite some dated mechanics (holding a button to run), I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would.
I have had this same experience. Great feel.

Number45

I wouldn't mind a "Castlevania Collection" released on the Vita, in volumes.

Volume I would feature "HD" remasters of Castlevania I-III

Volume II would feature "HD" remasters of Super Castlevania IV and Dracula X Chronicles (featuring the unlockable SOTN)

Volume III would feature "HD" remasters of Circle of the Moon, Harmony of Dissonance, and Aria of Sorrow.

Volume IV would feature "HD" remasters of Dawn of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin, and Order of Ecclasia.

As a huge Castlevania fan, I'd buy each and every one of those, even though I already own them all barring the DS Castlevanias. They don't have to do anything crazy with the visuals, just scale them to the Vita screen, and maybe clean up the NES games (perhaps remake those using some of the sprites from the PS1 and DS titles).

I'd pay even more money for a deluxe version, that features all 4 volumes, if they don't want to do multiple releases. I just want more CV on the Vita! I've been playing Symphony of the night for damn near 15 years, and if I can't get a new Igavania on the Vita, I'll settle for the old ones, and the classic ones!

*cries in a corner*
I would be all over all of these.*

* - I'll take a pass on Order of Ecclesia though, I really couldn't get on with that.

yurinka

So is this Knytt game worth installing?

I got it from plus but never downloaded it
I did it and was surprised. A beatiful indie metroidvania, great freebie. The 2D artwork of the characters when speaking is horrible, but in-game is nice, specially the backgrounds. Unique platforming gameplay.

Best new IP for portables of the generation, master piece.

Toma

ok, tired of aquakitty already... gameplay doesnt evolve at all...just more enemies on screen and bigger waves...

Yeah, I had the same impression. Honest question: Why do others like it so much?

Ok I'm actually really surprised - I saw a kid playing a Vita on a recent Comcast Xfinity commercial just now. Like, really playing it. I had to do a double take.

Shahed

The emulation options for PS1 games are really useful. Specifically the customizable controls that are on a game by game basis. My right thumb is sick of constantly pressing X and O to skip dialogue and run. So I just mapped them to L and R :p

Top Bottom