• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Shoyz

1000x!

Just beat Monster Monpiece's final boss (though there's some post-game content). Gameplay time is 26:25, (mind a decent chunk was probably spent sitting in the menus, let's say 20 real hours of gameplay to be safe). This is without touching the online multiplayer at all.

Prior to this point all of the packs in the game had 12 cards in them, 4 rares, which you'd get plenty of. Easy to get all the rares in four or five packs.

But after you beat it you unlock a super pack that not only has 100 cards (6 rares), but a number of them have -obscenely- low draw rates. To the point where it took me around 100 packs (of 3) to find one of the 'low probability' cards which wasn't even a rare. 0 rare pulls. Guess this is their idea of giving the game some longevity after you beat it..

kiyomi

Considering the PC version has been patched maybe once or twice... yeah.
They've been promising it for months now saying it's just around the corner. No biggie ; I bought it prospectively cheap, which might've been stupid, but I refuse to buy the Vita version until OSX can play it.

Anyone catch/remember about 5:40 into the Playstation Meeting that Andew House said that the Vita chipset and OS was so powerful that it could work in the living room and there would be exciting announcements later this year regarding this vision? It sounded to me like they might be releasing a Vita home console or a way to stream games to your TV wirelessly or through HDMI. Thoughts?

The way he said it made it sound like more than just a basic revision though more like a new form factor or something. Vita tablet, Vita home console?

A vita home console makes no sense. Sounds like a tablet and/or phone SKUs, or so I hope. The OS and browser need plenty of work to make it feasible though, as well as the need for more general/mp3/ebooks/comics apps in the store. We are due for a big FW update, so I hope we get one soon that improves the OS/browser. If they do indeed go, then all current vita owners are basically beta testers for this.

So here goes more Senran Kagura talk! I'm lurking the Senran International Academy forums where there's a thread that tracks pre-order charts, and Senran Kagura seems to be holding its own and is doing better than the previous games in the series.

They've been promising it for months now saying it's just around the corner. No biggie ; I bought it prospectively cheap, which might've been stupid, but I refuse to buy the Vita version until OSX can play it.
Headlining news, Mono boycotting.

Fusebox

Banned
So here goes more Senran Kagura talk! I'm lurking the Senran International Academy forums where there's a thread that tracks pre-order charts, and Senran Kagura seems to be holding its own and is doing better than the previous games in the series.

I'm seriously considering importing it too.

Play-asia seem to taking orders still. It isn't cheap at $80 though.
As does CDJapan for about $10 less(but more for good shipping). I know Amiami and amazon.co.jp are sold out

Tell me about it.

AmiAmi don't include shipping though, supposedly like $12?
Depends on the weight of the package and shipping type. Vita games don't weigh much, so it probably won't be much above $12 for EMS?

If I were to create a JPN PSN account, does anyone know how much it will cost digitally?
5980¥

Massa

A vita home console makes no sense. Sounds like a tablet and/or phone SKUs, or so I hope. The OS and browser need plenty of work to make it feasible though, as well as the need for more general/mp3/ebooks/comics apps in the store. We are due for a big FW update, so I hope we get one soon that improves the OS/browser. If they do indeed go, then all current vita owners are basically beta testers for this.

Why would he say living room for a tablet though?

I would bet on an Apple TV-like device, mainly advertised as a Netflix/Video Unlimited thing using the Vita SOC and OS as a base.

Is it possible for me to use my japanese psn account on my American PS Vita to buy japanese games on PSN?
You can, but you can ONLY play those Japanese PSN games on the Japanese account. You can't, say, download Project Diva f from the Japanese PSN and then play it on your NA account. You can, however, play a retail game from any region on your NA account.

um, you know i said i'd check?

i didn't check.
i don't remember, so i have no clue what you're talking about

Standard fare for EMS is usually around 1200JPY for packages weighing 100g, I believe. Shinovi Versus weighs 130g, and CDJapan lists EMS shipping as 1500JPY*, or a little over $16.

* To the Americas(not South), Oceania, and Middle East.

kiyomi

i don't remember, so i have no clue what you're talking about

Standard fare for EMS is usually around 1200JPY for packages weighing 100g, I believe. Shinovi Versus weighs 130g, and CDJapan lists EMS shipping as 1500JPY*, or a little over $16.

* To the Americas(not South), Oceania, and Middle East.
Oh, I just said I'd check the prices the other day, but I'm terrible and I forgot. The work seems to have been done for me, so thanks! Still think it's just a little above my price point.

Anyone tried PSO2 yet? You need an 8gb JP card for it and I can't play it.

Oh, I just said I'd check the prices the other day, but I'm terrible and I forgot. The work seems to have been done for me, so thanks! Still think it's just a little above my price point.

Anyone tried PSO2 yet? You need an 8gb JP card for it and I can't play it.
Remember, that's probably the most(or second most) expensive shipping available. It's reliable, provides a tracking number, and is pretty damn fast. There's cheaper options, although it'll take longer to get to you, have no tracking number, less reliable(maybe), etc.

Is PSO2 out and available for download? I'll get it later if so.

kiyomi

Remember, that's probably the most(or second most) expensive shipping available. It's reliable, provides a tracking number, and is pretty damn fast. There's cheaper options, although it'll take longer to get to you, have no tracking number, less reliable(maybe), etc.

Is PSO2 out and available for download? I'll get it later if so.
Nah, 28th I think. But the beta is out for those eligible.

Jamix012

Why are people so excited about it? Isnt P2 already playable on Vita?

Persona 2 is two games. The first one was released in the west as a PSP game but the 2nd one hasn't been on western shores since the PS1. I've never played it and am now happy I will have the chance too.

Nah, 28th I think. But the beta is out for those eligible.
then it looks like i'm out ;~;

Should I just put up the OT now? Lol.
Nah, I'd probably wait until orders start being shipped. So there's only a few "omg can't wait"
and loljapan
comments. So tomorrow, maybe?

Eternal Punishment follows P2 from Maya's perspective, I believe. It's different.

Shoyz

Wake me up when they release a definitive version instead of expecting you to play a PSP game then downgrade to the PS1 shoddily-translated sequel :(

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Persona 2 is two games. The first one was released in the west as a PSP game but the 2nd one hasn't been on western shores since the PS1. I've never played it and am now happy I will have the chance too.

Oh cool! Is it supposed to be better? The slow combat and easy nature of the PSP version put me off a bit.

P2: Eternal Punishment has never been released digitally before, except in Japan as a PSP port. The first P2 game, Innocent Sin is available as a PSP port in both NA and Japan. It'll be nice to have both on my Vita.

Edit: beaten

P2: Eternal Punishment has never been released digitally before, except in Japan as a PSP port. The first P2 game, Innocent Sin is available as a PSP port in both NA and Japan. It'll be nice to have both on my Vita.

Edit: beaten

can't help thinking this is their last chance to moneygrab some purchase out of ps1 version before they release eternal punishment psp, making people to double dip on both version.

didn't something similar happens with castlevania symphony of the night back then, release ps1 version on psn before they release castlevania chronicles which has symphony of the night in it. also ff tactic ps1 came out before ff tactic remake too.

can't help thinking this is their last chance to moneygrab some purchase out of ps1 version before they release eternal punishment psp, making people to double dip on both version.
Atlus has indicated that there's apparently some issue preventing the PSP version from being brought over, so this is the best you're going to get.

So Destination Playstation....is there a livestream for any of it or when can we expect details to come out from it? Starts tomorrow.
It's a retailer event and not open to the public. Anything coming out of it will largely be unofficial leaks.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

Fusebox

Banned
http://www.gtplanet.net/polyphony-digital-involved-in-ps4-vita-hardware-development/

Apparently PD is working on PS4 and Vita version of GT series.

Which is a good thing.

I'm torn. One one hand the PSP version of GT sucked.

On the other hand, GT5 was awesome on PS3 but the load times were atrocious.

Maybe they should make the Vita version of GT6 a companion version to the PS3 version and they can design the Vita verstion to be played while you wait for the PS3 version to finish loading.

Top Bottom