• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

ZeroAKA

Hi Vitagaf!

After hearing for months how incredibly awesome Persona4G was and reading lots of ultra-positive reviews I decided to give it a shot going in blindly (no screens or vids ever seen) and holy crap, now I'm mad at you.

If I'd known the game was this good I would've imported it a long time ago, it has everything I missed in rpgs and the dialogues are actually entertaining when they are not lame (in a good way)

The game is also selling well from what I can see at my store, too bad Atlus shipped a miserable amount of copies through the country (and its safe to assume through the continent), but at least the ratings on PSN seem to grow consistently :)
:D

Ok. Same with me. Hope they update them soon.
I get the feeling that the next time those referrals are updated will be after the offer ends...

Edit: Top of the page, listen to the man and buy Persona 4 Golden. It's out in Europe now too!

Anyone playing a lot of PS1/PSP games on the Vita right now? How do you feel it enhances the games? I am trying to convince a friend to upgrade from his PSP to a Vita.

Anyone playing a lot of PS1/PSP games on the Vita right now? How do you feel it enhances the games? I am trying to convince a friend to upgrade from his PSP to a Vita.

Makes things look much more vivid and crisp. Love the colors on the OLED screen. Another great thing is being able to map the d-pad to the left analog for PS1 games. Makes FF VII and Xenogears much more comfortable to play.

Tomodachi

Two words: dual analog.

Also, dat oled etc :p

Now if they only worked harder on compatibility and started releasing more and more PSOne games on the PSN...

I only own 2 Vita games at this point. I have well over 20 psp and ps1 games on my Vita. I would honestly recommend the Vita, even if there isn't another game ever made for it, because of how good PSP and PS1 games look and play on it.

I only own 2 Vita games at this point. I have well over 20 psp and ps1 games on my Vita. I would honestly recommend the Vita, even if there isn't another game ever made for it, because of how good PSP and PS1 games look and play on it.

Yeah, the Vita is worth it for the quality of life improvements even if it's just used as a PSP++ (but luckily there are some great Vita games too!).

Sky Chief

Anyone catch/remember about 5:40 into the Playstation Meeting that Andew House said that the Vita chipset and OS was so powerful that it could work in the living room and there would be exciting announcements later this year regarding this vision? It sounded to me like they might be releasing a Vita home console or a way to stream games to your TV wirelessly or through HDMI. Thoughts?

Sid

Anyone catch/remember about 5:40 into the Playstation Meeting that Andew House said that the Vita chipset and OS was so powerful that it could work in the living room and there would be exciting announcements later this year regarding this vision? It sounded to me like they might be releasing a Vita home console or a way to stream games to your TV wirelessly or through HDMI. Thoughts?
Yup sounded like a Vita revision.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

House is full of wonderbooks, the talk about unlocking the Vita's potentials is pure marketing play to let people buy more Vitas.

Valkyria Chronicles 2 is only 9.99 now, last time I checked they still wanted 39.99! Already downloaded.

I still feel betrayed

Vita with HDMI out,games can be played with Dualshock 4.

or just keep it simple and play with Vita as the controller like the android gaming tablets

Sid

House is full of wonderbooks, the talk about unlocking the Vita's potentials is pure marketing play to let people buy more Vitas.

I still feel betrayed

or just keep it simple and play with Vita as the controller like the android gaming tablets
Wireless HDMI?

Iacobellis

I still feel betrayed

mj-laughing.gif

Sky Chief

Hopefully we get this. Plugging a HDMI cable straight into a Vita is fine for devs but most people probably wouldn't have the set up to plug a portable console into their big TV via HDMI.

I don't know how they'd do it though, of course. :p

There was a lot of talk of Sony wanting feature parity for the Vita and DS4. Maybe an HDMI dock that works with the new DS4 and 3D camera array?

EDIT: the fact that House said specifically that the Vita OS is ideal for a living room environment suggest that this must be something more than just HDMI out streaming because in that case you are still interfacing with it through the basic Vita touchscreen. At the very least this has to mean a new form factor like a tablet.

moogrose

Is there some sort of cheating going on in Urban Trials? I just did a time trial where the ghost was behind me almost the entire track, then at the end it said he got 11 seconds on a 30+ second track.

I noticed this as well. Very odd, hopefully the developer notices...

so you guys the best school, hebi, is the only school locked in senran kagura

so i can't play as hikage when i first get the game

how about that

tumblr_lpt56shOVS1qfhw00.gif

i'm still hyped for shinovi versus

Cha

Hi Vitagaf!

After hearing for months how incredibly awesome Persona4G was and reading lots of ultra-positive reviews I decided to give it a shot going in blindly (no screens or vids ever seen) and holy crap, now I'm mad at you.

If I'd known the game was this good I would've imported it a long time ago, it has everything I missed in rpgs and the dialogues are actually entertaining when they are not lame (in a good way)

The game is also selling well from what I can see at my store, too bad Atlus shipped a miserable amount of copies through the country (and its safe to assume through the continent), but at least the ratings on PSN seem to grow consistently :)

This comment pushed me over the fence. I can't take it anymore - Now I have to see WHY this game gets such high praise from so many people. Though, after a bit of searching, it looks like only ONE retailer in my country seems to be getting stock of P4G, and only on March 22. Long wait :/

Dec

I sooooooooo want to get back into P4G, but I put it off because I am still stuck on Kanji's Shadow. Gah, such a difficult boss for early in the game!

I saved
Yukiko
and kind of lost direction. I assume I just have to burn a few more days to reach the next plot point?

Idk if that's really a spoiler but obviously some people are playing for the first time, so to be safe.

I saved
Yukiko
and kind of lost direction. I assume I just have to burn a few more days to reach the next plot point?

Idk if that's really a spoiler but obviously some people are playing for the first time, so to be safe.

Yep, after you've saved any character you're free to do what you want (building social links and such) until the next plot point pops up.

Iacobellis

I saved
Yukiko

What do you mean by saving
Yukiko
? You just don't use
her
in battle?

EDIT: Oh, I see what you mean now.

QP3

Oh god, now we are talking about P4G....this thread has become a minefield! :p

But seriously, I am 35+ hours into it (the longest I have ever played a jrpg) and love it. I kind of take my time with it...for a jrpg I think it is a great "pick up and play"

Especially with day/night cycle of the gameplay. I never feel like I need to sink 4+ hours into it for fear of having a place to stop/save. Suspend play helps with that too :)

Takao

Banned
why does animax air lbx globally

that's a sony channel

but that's a 3ds franchise

then again a sony animation studio makes the anime for a 3ds franchise by square enix

this is why sony is dying

So I got $10 added back to my wallet because apparently I was mischarged on the PSstore. lol I had no idea. They also sent me a $5 voucher as a "we are sorry" gift.

Apology accepted Sony.

BeastM0de

Neo Member
Does anyone have any vague idea of when the next revision of vita might come out? I was planning on getting one but I can wait if it seems smart.

Also, are there any good bundles/deals floating around out there? I'd like to get a 32 gig card.

Massa

So I got $10 added back to my wallet because apparently I was mischarged on the PSstore. lol I had no idea. They also sent me a $5 voucher as a "we are sorry" gift.

Apology accepted Sony.

That means you downloaded something for free that was actually charged. You got some credit back and also get to keep whatever it was.

ajim

Does anyone have any vague idea of when the next revision of vita might come out? I was planning on getting one but I can wait if it seems smart.

Also, are there any good bundles/deals floating around out there? I'd like to get a 32 gig card.
I imported a 32gb for a lot cheaper. Well, saved about $30 over buying it here at retailers in Aus.

cyborg009

Banned
why does animax air lbx globally

that's a sony channel

but that's a 3ds franchise

then again a sony animation studio makes the anime for a 3ds franchise by square enix

this is why sony is dying

Business is business and that would hurt relationship with level 5.

Now answer that PM.

joe2187

Banned
If anybody wants to get into the referral thing and get 20$ PSN voucher, register your US Vita here: http://psvita.amplifinity.com/ with my referral code: 14242193

;)

:(
Your PSN ID is the screen name you create for yourself when you register your PS Vita. This contest is open to legal residents of 50 U.S./D.C 18+ who receive notification directly from Sony Computer Entertainment America addressed specifically to him/her.

Fusebox

Banned

One of my fave little things is the ability to set the top-left corner of the touch-screen to be the O button so it doesn't matter which hand I'm holding my Vita with I can still advance text bubbles in FFVII.

Some of the PSP games really shine on the Vita. WipEout Pulse runs at a perfectly stable framerate (seems to be 60 FPS even, amazingly smooth), something not even overclocking in custom PSP firmware can do. Add to that the great contrast, bright colors and absence of motion blur of the OLED screen and it really looks like a new game. To top it off the analog stick is a lot more precise than the PSP one.

As an extra bonus, every time you need to enter text with the standard PSP keyboard, you get the Vita touchscreen keyboard instead.

Top Bottom