• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Cha

And imaginstruments. How is that, by the way, for you Europeans who have it? I love music creation stuff.

Imaginstruments spent about 5 minutes on my Vita. It's really bad. If you like music creation, stick to Soundshapes. It is free though, if you want to give it a try and judge for yourself.

It would be awesome if Friends Network to came to EU. Not holding my breath though.

zulux21

It is for me. But I'm a huge baseball fan. Hell the brave part of my username is from the Brave's.

I also wish the MLB.tv app was on here and Amazon Instant...

i have to imagine mlb.tv will come sometime this season to the vita... it can't be that hard to get it it running on it.

DOA5+ for £23 on 22nd March is tempting, although PS+ will be giving me the PS3 version for free...

Anyone know if DOA5+ will come with an offer similar to the Vita version of SFxT where they gave Vita buyers cross-buy DLC?

DOA5+ for £23 on 22nd March is tempting, although PS+ will be giving me the PS3 version for free...

Anyone know if DOA5+ will come with an offer similar to the Vita version of SFxT where they gave Vita buyers cross-buy DLC?
All the DLC you buy for the Vita version transfers to the PS3 version, and vice-versa.

Other than not being Cross-Buy, the game ticks all the boxes and shall be mine next month. 24/7 GAF lobbies (and jiggly Rig) 365 days of the year!

The DLC goes paid tomorrow after the store updates, so get on it!

Ah, crap, knew I was forgetting something! Can I just download the DLC via PS3, or is it separate downloads for the PS3 and Vita versions? I don't actually own the game on either platform but just want the option to play as Kat if I ever do.

Derrick01

Banned
I'm so disappointed Sony's going to sell MLB for $8. Valkyria Chronicles 2 is alright but not great, and I could have used my $10 credit on MLB instead :\

Ah, crap, knew I was forgetting something! Can I just download the DLC via PS3, or is it separate downloads for the PS3 and Vita versions? I don't actually own the game on either platform but just want the option to play as Kat if I ever do.
One grants you both. So yes, downloading the PS3 DLC will get you both the PS3 and Vita DLC.

ZeroAKA

Imaginstruments spent about 5 minutes on my Vita. It's really bad. If you like music creation, stick to Soundshapes. It is free though, if you want to give it a try and judge for yourself.
That's very disappointing, but I'll have to see for myself.

This sounds like Home. Why not just have the Home app on it instead?

I would prefer to get the ebook/manga/comic reader the JP vita got.
I tried Home about a year ago, and it was the worst online experience I've had with any game. I'm glad that the Vita got Friend Network instead of Home.

I haven't seen any impressions of the reader app, but I don't know if I want to read on a Vita given how poor its battery life is, especially if text is displayed in black on a white background.

VanWinkle

Is it confirmed that the game won't be cross-buy? If so, I'll probably get it on Steam first and wait for a possible Vita sale. :/

In the trailer but not in the description... Hopefully they just forgot to write it.

I got the first game in an indie bundle, it was pretty decent. I'd probably buy this.

ibaTtiZjFrvhHJ.JPG

nampad

Thanks much for the answers! Oh, and the 3G can be turned off on the Vita, right? I'd imagine it adds a bit to the battery drain.

You can turn off 3G in the settings. It only tries to connect when there isn't a wifi connection, so turning it off won't safe battery power when you use wifi.

FYC

Banned
Anyone know roughly how long Silent Hill Book of Memories is? I picked it up last month but still haven't opened it.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I just bought AssCreed Liberation

What am I in for

It's a solid, flawed game, but captures the feel of a console Assassin's Creed game really well. For a first generation Vita title, it's impressive. The story isn't as in depth as the console versions, but Aveline is a very likable protagonist. The traversal and combat feel like Assassin's Creed, so whatever your opinions are on that, this game probably won't change them. Visually, it looks much better on the Vita screen than it does in screenshots, but it still has pop in, and jaggies. The framerate, 90% of the time is pretty solid, but it can dip. It personally hasn't affected my game enjoyment, or lead to any kind of deaths or inconveniences. The controls are AC all the way. I've never been a big fan of the puppet system, because of how cumbersome it is, and there are missions here that require you to run around and climb and jump, timed, that are as frustrating for me as they were in the console games.

I don't do review scores in my reviews, but I'd give AC3: Lib a solid 7.5/10. It's a Good game, but not amazing. It has a lot of potential for the series on the Vita. The groundwork established in this game is promising.

So whatever became of that "OH GOD SO MANY AWESOME VITA ANNOUNCEMENTS TO COME" tweet by that Sony dude?
Like I've said 23491231^342 times, he was a low-level nobody hyping up Europe's shitty one-year Vita-versary sale and some average to decent indie games that will sell 50 copies each.

Massa

So we all agree that PSM is a failure right now.

Question is, why people were attacking me like crazy every single time I talked about PSM before?

Since you asked. People "attack you like crazy" because your posts are incredibly repetitive, empty of substance and filled with hyperbole.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

Trigonx

I can't be the only one looking forward to Mlb the show 13 next week right?

i got my copy on vita and ps3 pre-ordered from amazon for $80. Can't wait for the new playoff feeling. I wanted to pick up mlb '12 on my vita but have held off for the new version.

got into the series with '11 on ps3, and also bought '12 on ps3

Skyzard

Banned
I sort of thought Bit.Trip Runner 2 was coming to Vita anyway :p Makes too much sense on the portable, agree with Toma about not playing it on PS3/PC. Nice that it got sort of confirmed lol but I wonder what they mean by it'll be a different version. Less pretty backgrounds and blurring I guess.

Some really nice new Tearaway footage (although short) from an episode of Gametrailers TV. It starts around the 15:00 mark after that last line break.

http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/ymgp4z/gt-tv-star-trek

Nice thanks, liking the variety in the level design.

Anyone else getting a mario64-ish vibe? Even feel a bit of Galaxy.

Munin

I sort of though Bit.Trip Runner 2 was coming to Vita anyway :p Makes too much sense on the portable, agree with Toma about not playing it on PS3/PC. Nice that it got sort of confirmed lol but I wonder what they mean by it'll be a different version. Less pretty backgrounds and blurring I guess.

Nice thanks, liking the variety in the level design.

Anyone else getting a mario64 vibe?

I dunno, I'm getting tired of all these "abstract" platformers, really looking forward to getting Sly because of that...

Skyzard

Banned
I dunno, I'm getting tired of all these "abstract" platformers, really looking forward to getting Sly because of that...

About Bit.Trip Runner 2 and indie platformers? Well it does seem like quite a polished running game..but yeah, still a runner - probably why I could see myself actually loading it on the Vita for a change of pace. I bought Canabalt (again) for the same reason but that game is too dry now.
Tearaway looks like it has quite a lot of mechanics and they aren't afraid of making some fun levels that are really different. The new footage seemed really classic in terms of gameplay style.

Top Bottom