• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

what up vitamuffins. Just got off the phone with Customer Service regarding my ordeal from a page back involving the spend 50$ get 10$...

short story - bought a yr of PS+ at 12:07am on Feb 26. my receipt was printing in a different time zone so to Sony i spent the 50$ on Feb 25th at 9pm...wanted to make sure that purchase was eligible for the "10$ for 50$" promotion that starts today...

SO - good news. the girl in CS said according to SONY the promotion actually started the 25th even though the ad says 26th...so my 49.99$ will be included in the promotion, but she reminded me that i was a penny shy of recieving the 10$.. haha.

so yeah, purchases made yesterday are included in the "10$ for 50$" promo

Noi

what up vitamuffins. Just got off the phone with Customer Service regarding my ordeal from a page back involving the spend 50$ get 10$...

short story - bought a yr of PS+ at 12:07am on Feb 26. my receipt was printing in a different time zone so to Sony i spent the 50$ on Feb 25th at 9pm...wanted to make sure that purchase was eligible for the "10$ for 50$" promotion that starts today...

SO - good news. the girl in CS said according to SONY the promotion actually started the 25th even though the ad says 26th...so my 49.99$ will be included in the promotion, but she reminded me that i was a penny shy of recieving the 10$.. haha.

so yeah, purchases made yesterday are included in the "10$ for 50$" promo people.

Your customer service rep didn't have the full story either!

We are counting solo Plus 12 month sub purchases as $50. so you won't have to worry if you're total is 49.99, you'll be set. But that only goes for Plus 12 month sub purchases. I can't speak for other purchases that may be $49.99. Hope that helps!

Weren't there rumors already circulating about AC4 being in a pirate setting before that guy even posted?

He also nailed the characters though.

Very. I posted on the next assassins creed thread that you co op with a Scottish pirate but I'll put down some more details as so when ubi unveil the next game so you guys ( and even me) can match it up. The next game has you playing as haytham's father Edward alongside captain Kidd.

edit: Really though his prediction for the Vita games weren't that bold. Rayman Legends will be on everything, but Rainbow Six I am not convinced will be on anything. A vita version of Rainbow six may be planned, but so what. So is a PS360 version and we haven't seen anything of those.

Ran rp

Is the extra three months of plus for a year's subscription still going on? Would that mean I could get 15 months of PS+ for $40?

zulux21

PSY・S;48353704 said:
Is the extra three months of plus for a year's subscription still going on? Would that mean I could get 15 months of PS+ for $40?

no it would mean you could get 15 months of PS+ for $50 plus a $10 rebate.

It's an important distinction as way to many people subtract the rebate price from the original buy price, and then subtract the rebate price again when buying something later :/

I get tired of explaining to my friends that simple fact when they order a big item like a video card and get it for $120 with $30 back and say it was $90 and then after they get a rebate explain that they are getting a new ps3 game for $30 thanks to the rebate :/

Ran rp

no it would mean you could get 15 months of PS+ for $50 plus a $10 rebate.

It's an important distinction as way to many people subtract the rebate price from the original buy price, and then subtract the rebate price again when buying something later :/

I get tired of explaining to my friends that simple fact when they order a big item like a video card and get it for $120 with $30 back and say it was $90 and then after they get a rebate explain that they are getting a new ps3 game for $30 thanks to the rebate :/

So... I'm getting 15 months of PS+ for $40 plus $10 of PSN credit for $10?

:p

zulux21

PSY・S;48354746 said:
So... I'm getting 15 months of PS+ for $40 plus $10 of PSN credit for $10?

:p

that is sadly how many people end up being with rebates.

for example newegg has a number of PC games that are $10 with $10 rebates right now...
I have a friend gloating about how he got some free PC games and how he is going to use the rebates to get another PC game :/

I know I went to college and studied math/accounting but some of my friends really make me sad... heck just last week I thanked my friend for making it clear that becoming an accounting wasn't for me ><;

anyways I am trailing off topic, just in general remember to not count the rebate twice (to everyone in this thread) it sounds silly to say, but way to many people do that :/

so who thinks persona 2 won't be natively vita compatible?

zulux21

I highly doubt it will be compatible, they usually want people the buy PSP versions of things (yes I know the ps1 is a different game).

there isn't a psp version of the game out nor is there one coming out in English though o_O

the english psp game of persona 2 is part one of persona 2, the ps1 version is part 2 of persona 2.
the japanese version of persona 2 part 2 for the psp was confirmed to not be coming out in english.

Sol1dus

there isn't a psp version of the game out nor is there one coming out in English though o_O

the english psp game of persona 2 is part one of persona 2, the ps1 version is part 2 of persona 2.
the japanese version of persona 2 part 2 for the psp was confirmed to not be coming out in english.

Did you read my whole comment?

zulux21

Did you read my whole comment?

I missed the bit in the () but your logic makes absolutely no sense.
The game won't be compatible because there is a psp game from the same series that is a completely separate game that they want you to buy instead of this completely different PS1 game?

if we were getting the ps1 version of Innocent Sin I could understand that logic, but why in the world would they skip compatibility to try to get you to buy Innocent Sin, the game most people who would be buying EP on the vita would already own?

For the record I don't expect it to be compatible, but that is because I expect atlus to be to lazy to care about making sure it works on the vita, figuring if it works on the ps3 it will be good enough, plus when it comes to situations like this I like to assume the worst and be happy to be wrong then assume it will be compatible and be disappointed when it isn't.

Number45

So after absolutely sucking at Lumines before today, for some reason I sat down with the game this evening with the actual intention of trying for a high score (usually I just fire it up and tinker, trying to get to grips with it) and managed to rack up nearly 400k. Nothing special in the grand scheme of things, but quite an improvement for me. ^_^

How good are the first two patapon games? I've never really played a rhythm game before but they look sorta fun.
I'm not really into rhythm games, but the Patapon games are two of my favourite PSP titles. Can't recommend them highly enough - you'll be tapping away to the soundtrack hours after you stop playing the game.

zulux21

25 hours to complete Soul Sacrifice? Thats slightly worrying :S

it takes about 20 hours to finish the story to borderlands 2.
I currently have 120 hours logged in it, 90 or so hours are on a single character.

it takes about 25 hours to beat the story in disgea 2
I have over 500 hours logged on a single playthrough and still haven't done everything.

just saying, just because it takes 25 hours to beat doesn't mean there is only 25 hours of things to do with a single character.

now if there is only 25 hours of things to do then it's worrying, and it would for sure slip to a later this year buy for me.

Number45

Everyone seen this exchange?

https://twitter.com/BriProv/status/306488818578620416

Indies should definitely jump onto the PS Vita. RCR's sold much more on PSN than XBLA and more on PS Vita than even PS3.
@psnstores This doesn't include PS Plus. It's _SOLD_ far more on PSN than XBLA. With PS Plus, there are a bajillion more copies out there

Surprising.

Not surprising to me, as he puts it Vita owners are hungry, perhaps the hungriest gaming sector out there. This was an interesting comment to that though:

Robert Boyd &#8207;@werezompire
@BriProv Looks like we need to get our RPGs on Vita then. :)

Robert Boyd
@werezompire
Lead designer, programmer, and writer at Zeboyd Games, makers of the RPGs, Breath of Death VII, Cthulhu Saves the World, and Penny Arcade's Rain-Slick 3.

it takes about 20 hours to finish the story to borderlands 2.
I currently have 120 hours logged in it, 90 or so hours are on a single character.

it takes about 25 hours to beat the story in disgea 2
I have over 500 hours logged on a single playthrough and still haven't done everything.

just saying, just because it takes 25 hours to beat doesn't mean there is only 25 hours of things to do with a single character.

now if there is only 25 hours of things to do then it's worrying, and it would for sure slip to a later this year buy for me.

If its a MH clone I wouldn't see much point to multiple characters as you could just farm the gear you wanted on the same character. I'd really like more info on this now though.

I can't expect MHFU levels of content but it does seem rather short. I remember grinding around 25 hours on Rathalos Ruby's. Fuck those things!

Shai-Tan

Banned
The obvious question would be whether those numbers were due to the preferential treatment to make it one of the free PS+ games. How many units would it move if it just came and went with only a minimal promotion? And without disentangling relative quality it also seems some sections of the store are much better off than others e.g. Featured vs PlayStation Mobile. We haven't heard any devs saying they are very happy with the numbers on the PSM side (yet)

Ken

If its a MH clone I wouldn't see much point to multiple characters as you could just farm the gear you wanted on the same character. I'd really like more info on this now though.

I can't expect MHFU levels of content but it does seem rather short. I remember grinding around 25 hours on Rathalos Ruby's. Fuck those things!

Make a male and female character.

Is the 25 hours thing just "I beat every boss once?"

Make a male and female character.

Is the 25 hours thing just "I beat every boss once?"

There's no clarification on the length yet. If it was the case of beat every boss once then there mustn't be much need to grind?

It also could have been a review copy with high gears characters so reviewers didn't get stuck. Who knows.

Not surprising to me, as he puts it Vita owners are hungry, perhaps the hungriest gaming sector out there. This was an interesting comment to that though:

Robert Boyd
@werezompire
Lead designer, programmer, and writer at Zeboyd Games, makers of the RPGs, Breath of Death VII, Cthulhu Saves the World, and Penny Arcade's Rain-Slick 3.

YEEESSSS. :D

RCR dev also said it cost more to develop and release on Xbox than all other platforms combined. Holy balls, I guess XBLA is really as expensive as they say. :/

DR2K

Banned
Yeah it should be against the law for a game to run this poorly. Do not buy NGS2+. The frame rate is downright awful, as soon as 1 enemy pops up the game dips into some weird onlne lag like effect. The frame rate is probably dipping into the single digits.

2 things

1. SS is not MH, so comparing lengths is silly. Especially when no one has got their hands on it yet outside of reviewers, who rush through everything.

2. Hopefully more indie devs will follow RCR lead and release a Vita version day and date. That's what boosted the sales for that game so much. Part of me worries that these late ports of Binding of Issac, Hotline Miami, Bit Trip, etc won't see similar success. I hope they do, I for sure am going to buy them bar any performance issues that are hard to ignore.

zulux21

2 things

1. SS is not MH, so comparing lengths is silly. Especially when no one has got their hands on it yet outside of reviewers, who rush through everything.

2. Hopefully more indie devs will follow RCR lead and release a Vita version day and date. That's what boosted the sales for that game so much. Part of me worries that these late ports of Binding of Issac, Hotline Miami, Bit Trip, etc won't see similar success. I hope they do, I for sure am going to buy them bar any performance issues that are hard to ignore.

I won't be rebuying hotline miami or bit trip, but Issac's design makes it really great for a portable as the runs can be done in short bursts, I will be there day 1 for that one, I will be getting it day 1 on both the vita and the PC update as I want to play it co op as well.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I won't be rebuying hotline miami or bit trip, but Issac's design makes it really great for a portable as the runs can be done in short bursts, I will be there day 1 for that one, I will be getting it day 1 on both the vita and the PC update as I want to play it co op as well.

Bit trip Highscoring will be sooooo fun with the Vitabros.

And why is everyone forgetting to mention Frozen Synapse when talking about the Indie games on Vita :mad:

Yeah it should be against the law for a game to run this poorly. Do not buy NGS2+. The frame rate is downright awful, as soon as 1 enemy pops up the game dips into some weird onlne lag like effect. The frame rate is probably dipping into the single digits.
I suppose it was outsourced or something. The fact that it and DOA5+ are a month apart tells me that they were developed by two separate teams, and DOA5+ looks a lot more impressive.

If one game HAD to be given the short shrift, they chose the right one.

zulux21

Robert Boyd Reaching out to Sony

cool, maybe I will get to stop tweeting him that I would love to play his games on the vita whenever he makes a tweet that is vita related lol.
Bit trip Highscoring will be sooooo fun with the Vitabros.

And why is everyone forgetting to mention Frozen Synapse when talking about the Indie games on Vita :mad:

I was never able to get into frozen synapse on the PC. it seemed like a great game with lots of depth, but i didn't care enough to learn the nuances to play it properly.

I think this is thread-worthy, if it hasn't been done already.
There's also Just Add Water's comment that Stranger's Wrath Vita sold more in a week than the PS3 version did in a year. And Shuhei Yoshida's comment that Vita generally has more digital sales than the PS3.

Robert Boyd Reaching out to Sony
He posts here on GAF every now and then. He seems to love the Vita, but be reluctant to support it due to the hardware sales.

Dec

There's also Just Add Water's comment that Stranger's Wrath Vita sold more in a week than the PS3 version did in a year. And Shuhei Yoshida's comment that Vita generally has more digital sales than the PS3.

He posts here on GAF every now and then. He seems to love the Vita, but be reluctant to support it due to the hardware sales.

That's really great about Stranger's Wrath. Looking forward to supporting it more next week.

Sorry Toma, I am definitely looking forward to Frozen Synapse though. Also can't forget about Rainbow Moon. Anything else I am missing? Lone Survivor was just mentioned......OH! Machinarium. Hopefully we get more point and click games.

Edit: Dragon Fantasy!!!

I got yelled at today by my wife because I have Uno on my Vita and my son (3 doesn't).

I wish I could just gift my son's PSN money ($5) so I don't have to hear that conversation again.

Top Bottom