• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Hey vitadudes. Only a day or so left for this.

26LXok4.png

Just wanted to remind everyone, this is ending on March 1. I'm giving away a copy of Rocketbirds Vita and a copy of Alien Breed Vita/PS3 in the Gamesies Ep6 thread. Just like the last time, just watch the episode and let us know what you think to enter. Contest is only for gaffers, so you've got pretty good odds:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=514323

Anyone know when soul sacrifice reviews come out?

There's been a couple of JP reviews. Famitsu gave it 10/9/9/9, 37 points.

persona 4 goldern question here

So I just saved Noato, im 50 hours in and have maxed my s-links with Chie, Yukiko and Yoske (spelling???). Basically the ones I fight with to get there extra abilities. I have a bunch of other ones that are pretty high as well. Its September. How far in am I. I'm guessing the 10-20 hours left mark maybe? also how many dungeons have I got left (not including dungeons you repeat for extra bosses (got the gamer one and Noato's one to redo left).

Thanks to anyone that answers this for me.

Lusankya

So I just saved Noato, im 50 hours in and have maxed my s-links with Chie, Yukiko and Yoske (spelling???). Basically the ones I fight with to get there extra abilities. I have a bunch of other ones that are pretty high as well. Its September. How far in am I. I'm guessing the 10-20 hours left mark maybe? also how many dungeons have I got left (not including dungeons you repeat for extra bosses (got the gamer one and Noato's one to redo left).

You are roughly at the 65% mark and still have up to 4 dungeons left. However two of them are missable.
For one dungeon you need to max the Aeon Social link until 2nd January and for the last dungeon you need to be on the True Ending path.

crinale

You have 4 more dungeons to conquer, but that really depends on your progress.

Edit: Beaten
Edit2: Actually the Aeon Social Link must be maxed by 22nd of December.

You are roughly at the 65% mark and still have up to 4 dungeons left. However two of them are missable.
For one dungeon you need to max the Aeon Social link until 2nd January and for the last dungeon you need to be on the True Ending path.

the Aeon social link? have I met them yet?

SiDCrAzY

Anything been announced for Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable as far as possibly sales/ price drops go?

I am thinking of buying the game and would rather wait for a sale if one is near.

Nevermind, found out its Marie. At lvl 2 with her so I will work on her next. Should easily have enough time I think to max it.

Game is just so damn good.

My wife loves the music (so do I, same with P3P). Just so catchy.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
The Smart As demo is interesting, I'm considering getting it at its current discount ($14 I think for Plus?)

Worth it for the price. It was definitely overpriced on launch, but the PS+ discount is pretty decent if you are looking for a Brain age type game. Pretty solid and diverse games that I tried so far.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I finally did it. I cracked and bought the Vita.

Snapped it up with an 8gb memory card, Little Big Planet, Persona 4, and the always supreme Everybody's Golf/Hot Shots Golf.

At first I was confused as heck with the menu system, but the more I use it the more I find it quite nice and streamline.

Still no Internet, had to update the system using the hotspot on my phone 3G. Keen to buy Ridge Racer with everything via the store. Hopefully by the weekend.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I finally did it. I cracked and bought the Vita.

Snapped it up with an 8gb memory card, Little Big Planet, Persona 4, and the always supreme Everybody's Golf/Hot Shots Golf.

At first I was confused as heck with the menu system, but the more I use it the more I find it quite nice and streamline.

Still no Internet, had to update the system using the hotspot on my phone 3G. Keen to buy Ridge Racer with everything via the store. Hopefully by the weekend.

Welcome speedy! Enjoy the system :) Did you get some games so far? Want impressions/recommendations on anything?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Welcome speedy! Enjoy the system :) Did you get some games so far? Want impressions/recommendations on anything?
I'm thinking about grabbing the Knytt game since I adore the PC ones. But outside of that I'll probably grab some older things via the store to play on the Vita and work out how to get my PSP games running on it.

Foshy

What is SK?

Senran Kagura.

Although I think he got something wrong, there's no Vita bundle with that game, but there's a deluxe version of the game itself. Probably it's that one that sold out ;)

Still, looks like there have been some lines of Vita buyers in front of stores today.

Tizoc

Worth it for the price. It was definitely overpriced on launch, but the PS+ discount is pretty decent if you are looking for a Brain age type game. Pretty solid and diverse games that I tried so far.

Do the touch controls get frustrating on the higher difficulties or later challenges?
I admit I screwed up on some of the first puzzles but once I got the hang of it, it was mostly a matter of 'thinking' than using the Vita's touch or motion controls to solve the puzzles haha.

it will be interesting to see what happens because of that and the vita price drop over there officially has started now. And isnt Soul Sacrifice right round the corner now?

Mr. Black

Banned
I started playing Virtua Tennis again, game looks so good. :)

The Smart As demo is interesting, I'm considering getting it at its current discount ($14 I think for Plus?)

You should definitely buy it for $14,-. Easily worth the price, imo. The games with touch controls are pretty easy when you get the hang of it. The AR-games and the game with the motion sensor can be a pain in the ass.

Tizoc

I started playing Virtua Tennis again, game looks so good. :)

You should definitely buy it for $14,-. Easily worth the price, imo. The games with touch controls are pretty easy when you get the hang of it. The AR-games and the game with the motion sensor can be a pain in the ass.

Well so long as the controls aren't a hassle then it'd be OK for me, the motion sensor block game in the demo wasn't that bad to handle, but it did require me to think a step or two ahead though haha.

Okay so 5 days into my Vita ownership I thought I would give a short update with my thoughts.

I started out with all the games that have been on EU PS+ and here are my thoughts on what I have played so far.

• Wipeout: Really nice looking, somehow I seem better at it than I am at Wipeout HD. Load times are a bit long, but it looks fantasitc!
  • Pinball Arcade: It's Pinball. Really good virtual Pinball. I'm impressed with how many tables come with it.
  • Gravity Rush: Completely different than I expected. Based on nothing more than the name, I expected a 2d puzzle game for some reason... However it seems really good! An open world superhero platformer? That's a game I can get into!
  • Mortal Kombat: I loved MK on 360, and this is awesome too. The character models seem a bit more low res than I was expecting, but it plays fantastically.
  • Lumines: Like most people I was hooked on the original at the PSPs launch, and this is still great fun. Only played one "Voyage" so far, but went over 100k, so happy with that as a starter.

I've also got Uncharted, Knytt Underground and JSR to play, but I've not tried them yet.

Lastly, I went ahead and got Persona 4 Golden. Holy crap does this game look sharp! The bright colours make the OLED screen really pop, and having only seen P4 on the Endurance Run before, it looks awesome in widescreen and at this resolution. Only about an hour and a half in. Soon I'll get to fight!

Lastly, as far as a system itself is concerned, I am really impressed. The main interface is really snappy, and the speed at which you can get from a game back to the menu is impressive. Being able to pause P4 by hitting the power button so I can shove it in my pocket is great, and the speed at which I can get back in is really cool.

My biggest gripe I guess is the Memory card situation. I went for a 16gb card and installed everything to try it out, and I had to delete some things when I wanted to download Persona 4. I just wish this thing had SD slots, or at least that they were cheaper.

One question, what is the port behind the door on the bottom of the Vita for? Game port and Mem Cart on the top, so what is left?

Anyway, enjoying it and looking forward to digging into Persona 4 some more! Combat! Soon!

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Is there any new gameplay footage of DOA5+ floating around? I checked Youtube and it's either the short trailer, or the short video of what looks like a demo. I crave more footage!

Toma

Okay so 5 days into my Vita ownership I thought I would give a short update with my thoughts.

I started out with all the games that have been on EU PS+ and here are my thoughts on what I have played so far.

• Wipeout: Really nice looking, somehow I seem better at it than I am at Wipeout HD. Load times are a bit long, but it looks fantasitc!
  • Pinball Arcade: It's Pinball. Really good virtual Pinball. I'm impressed with how many tables come with it.
  • Gravity Rush: Completely different than I expected. Based on nothing more than the name, I expected a 2d puzzle game for some reason... However it seems really good! An open world superhero platformer? That's a game I can get into!
  • Mortal Kombat: I loved MK on 360, and this is awesome too. The character models seem a bit more low res than I was expecting, but it plays fantastically.
  • Lumines: Like most people I was hooked on the original at the PSPs launch, and this is still great fun. Only played one "Voyage" so far, but went over 100k, so happy with that as a starter.

I've also got Uncharted, Knytt Underground and JSR to play, but I've not tried them yet.

Lastly, I went ahead and got Persona 4 Golden. Holy crap does this game look sharp! The bright colours make the OLED screen really pop, and having only seen P4 on the Endurance Run before, it looks awesome in widescreen and at this resolution. Only about an hour and a half in. Soon I'll get to fight!

Lastly, as far as a system itself is concerned, I am really impressed. The main interface is really snappy, and the speed at which you can get from a game back to the menu is impressive. Being able to pause P4 by hitting the power button so I can shove it in my pocket is great, and the speed at which I can get back in is really cool.

My biggest gripe I guess is the Memory card situation. I went for a 16gb card and installed everything to try it out, and I had to delete some things when I wanted to download Persona 4. I just wish this thing had SD slots, or at least that they were cheaper.

One question, what is the port behind the door on the bottom of the Vita for? Game port and Mem Cart on the top, so what is left?

Anyway, enjoying it and looking forward to digging into Persona 4 some more! Combat! Soon!

Glad to hear you enjoy it! The memory card situation is a bit crappy and I assume that almost everyone will eventually switch to a 32gb one, but yeah. Still sucks.

The secret port plugs directly into your heart while playing so you get mechanically attached to the device and gets you to think its one of the best gaming platforms available right now.
We dont know

glad your enjoying the system.

Thats the mystery port you are talking about. No one knows. Maybe something interesting down the line???

Gravity rush is a fantastic game and not to hard to platinum. Can do it wihtout playing through the whole story again.

If you like it go and get the DLC for extra missions, challenges and constumes.

Toma

The secret is that it isn't actually a port

its a gas emitter that brainwashes you into loving the vita

High five for the same thought! Though my idea still declared it as a "port" at least :p

Toma

There may be a timed device at GDC.

JKs FBI! LULZ

Reminds me of that one story where a Brit tweeted something similar for his US visit and then got a friendly visit by the FBI.
It was something along the lines of "We are going to fuck up!/Blow up! NY!" where he was talking about partying hard with his friends.

marrec

Banned
Reminds me of that one story where a Brit tweeted something similar for his US visit and then got a friendly visit by the FBI.
It was something along the lines of "We are going to fuck up!/Blow up! NY!" where he was talking about partying hard with his friends.

Fortunately for me I put that extensive disclaimer at the end of my post.

Aside, when I first crawled forth from the shores of Lake No Internet in 1995 and found the new world of chat rooms and WWF fan sites that was the world wide web, there was never any worry about posting stupid shit online. I think the death of Geocities is more to blame for tightening securities around what people say than anything else. The amount of stupidity focused on that site and others like it shielded us. Thanks for killing Geocities Obama.

f34UCHbl.jpg

First trailer for Konami's Pro Baseball Spirits 2013 is here!

It's coming to the whole PS-family, presumably the footage is PS3, but last years version was very good looking and playing on Vita.

This series doesn't get the love it deserves so i hope that MLB The Show fans watch the video and give PBS a try this year (releases March 20)!

For those concerned about language, www.spiritstranslation.com is an excellent website to see you through the games.

CbJqDa0l.jpg

PS3 version - More pics on the official website

Toma

f34UCHbl.jpg

It's coming to the whole PS-family, presumably the footage is PS3, but last years version was very good looking and playing on Vita.

This series doesn't get the love it deserves so i hope that MLB The Show fans watch the video and give PBS a try this year (releases March 20)!

For those concerned about language, www.spiritstranslation.com is an excellent website to see you through the games.

CbJqDa0l.jpg

Please remind us again when we know it releases in the West. So many games that should come over.

Pro Baseball Spirits sure does look fancy. But I don't speak Japanese or follow Japanese baseball. I'd maybe buy it if it released in English, but since MLB The Show rarely makes it to Europe I doubt a Japanese baseball game would be localised anywhere.

Hopefully MLB 13 is an improvement and we don't get just a roster update like FIFA Football to FIFA 13.

EDIT: That Spirits Translation site is cool, but having to constantly refer back to a translation site bugs me. :p

marrec

Banned
f34UCHbl.jpg

CbJqDa0l.jpg

Seeing a professional baseball game made in this style is so surreal to me.

They'd have to use the engine for a different game altogether so i wouldn't get your hopes up. Instead i'd just buy it as is and stop complaining :)

ta9qi

Dakuro is so much fun,i cant leave my vita for more than hour before grab it again to continue,the puzzles are enjoyable to solve, not very hard -except a puzzle in stage 3 i think- but not easy/boring too..love the sound when his bones breaks p=

Top Bottom