• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Further speaking about how only certain people got that referral program email,does anyone else feel like they only get an email from Sony every now and again? I just checked my email and the last email I got for PlayStation was in November.

SxP

Bought VLR. I was going to wait and buy a cart version after finals (on Friday) but I looked around just now and it was out of stock everywhere. So I just caved in and bought it on PSN. Can't wait until it's finished downloading!

puzzle quest is far superior than zuma IMO. if she tries puzzle quest for 20 minutes she'll be hooked.

Wait... is this like a mix between fantasy type stuff and just a puzzle game? Hmm, I dunno if she'll like this, she's pretty picky when it comes to themes in games, movies and music -_- She basically likes stuff that is stupid, goofy or cute. She also likes games that aren't too complicated.

Luxor and Zuma were on psp - can't check the vita store atm though. Luxor is basically the same I thinnnk. You can get them on smartphones I'm sure too.

Maybe Lumines:ES? You can set up a nice custom playlist, although you do have to unlock them first. (just to get rid of some of the more off-putting skins).

My gf just sighs and collapses when I take try to push my Vita on her :p Total resistance.

I tried to get her to play Lumines and she shot it down - she doesn't like it at all :( I'll maybe get Zuma for PSP or something, she's just so damn picky.

Alright I feel pretty comfortable in putting Sonic Racing above Mario Kart 64 and Diddy Kong Racing as best karting game ever. It won't ever match those memories I had as a kid with those games but it's an objectively better and deeper game in every way. I'm impressed with the track amount but more importantly I'm impressed with how they constantly change, not just when you have to repeat them in career mode but each lap they seem to change and offer something new instead of repeating the same circuit 3 times in a row.

You make the time i have to wait to get to play it even harder. =) I hated the first ones demo so didnt buy but this ones demo was much better. The controls felt much better even with the differences in handling between car/boat/plane. I usually hate drifting but it felt right in the demo. Will get it soon.

To bad it will sell terrible, nearly no one carries it. Best Buy doesnt, neither does walmart and i think gamestop aswell. Only retail i know that has it is target.

Plus to say u think its better than mk64 intrigues me because i consider that the best kart racer. Hype

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Wait... is this like a mix between fantasy type stuff and just a puzzle game? Hmm, I dunno if she'll like this, she's pretty picky when it comes to themes in games, movies and music -_- She basically likes stuff that is stupid, goofy or cute. She also likes games that aren't too complicated.

I tried to get her to play Lumines and she shot it down - she doesn't like it at all :( I'll maybe get Zuma for PSP or something, she's just so damn picky.

i might have missed this whole convo - plants vs zombies might be good though? im sure youve thought of that already though >_> also - where is my heart?

not even sure what type of person im suggesting games for....hahaha! jsut dont force gaming. thats all i've learned with GFs and videogames.

Plus to say u think its better than mk64 intrigues me because i consider that the best kart racer. Hype
that's a bold statement he makes about mk64. very bold.

out of all the praise this ( and the last) thread has given sonic racing, this comment has not only convinced me the most to do it., but gave a great reason of how.

kiyomi

Bwahaha, I feel so honored <3 My copy was actually delivered at my parents' place, I'll be picking it up on Wednesday, so excited!!! I don't trust shipping my stuff here in the city, so~
Now I just need my new Persona 4 Golden screen protector to replace the one that protected my Vita from getting hammered (literally).
Not sure why you're honored but okay. :p

Gonna have to compare some scores when you do get it. AND PROTECT THAT SCREEN.

From what I've read, only the people who haven't played it call it a bad port. Which is odd...

Depends on if you care about it being the same framerate as the console experience. I still have my copy of NGS on PS3, so I'm sure I'll compare the two quite closely to try it.

For the record, I haven't called it a bad port... yet.

Though I've heard a ton of "it looks amazing" most of the people who say that don't seem to care that it's half the framerate of the console version (which is an important detail for action games like this and fighters -- it changes timings and the overall feel). Add to this reports of it chugging at points so that it's not even a stable 30fps, and that's a huge potential problem.

Some of the controls are supposed to be ill-conceived as well.
Something about touch screen and first person bow shooting or something -- which does sound terrible...

I'm willing to reserve judgement until I play it. Which will be tomorrow, now. :p

branny

Omg, thank goodness I bought NGS+ digitally before it became available for PS+.

I had to buy VF5FS twice because of PS+ fucking it up.

And I hate how there's no option to buy an instant game collection title while you're currently subscribed to PS+.

I'm willing to reserve judgement until I play it. Which will be tomorrow, now. :p
It could've been a better port, sure, but, at the end of the day, it's a game I cherished owning an Xbox for - in my hands.

In a perfect world, it'd be 60fps with only the best parts of Black and only the best parts of Sigma. I'm actually playing both NGB (XboxGoD) and NGS+ side by side right now waiting for Revengeance. It's been interesting because it's my first time with Sigma.

Bought corpse party and its not for me, just don't really enjoy it. I wish I would've gotten an y's game or tits, seeing as I wanted those for awhile.

Man... that acronym.

I'm so amused, I don't even have to make a joke.

It could've been a better port, sure, but, at the end of the day, it's a game I cherished owning an Xbox for - in my hands.

In a perfect world it'd be 60fps with only the best parts of Black and only the best parts of Sigma. I've actually been playing both NGB (XboxGoD) and NGS+ side by side lately waiting for Revengeance. It's been interesting because it's my first time with Sigma.

I'm hoping they drop the resolution and image quality for FPS in NGS2+... I'd buy it again for my Vita if they hit 60fps stable.
I'll take the 30fps port for free, but I'll probably grumble about how it doesn't feel fast enough or the timings are off, I'm betting.
Free is a great price though, I'm glad they gave it to us... better than the last 4 games they gave out for PS+ Vita, for sure, even if I don't end up happy with it because of the frame rate issues.

Maxim726X

Ohhh man I was gonna buy NG soon too...

Question: I used the exploit (currently playing Unchained Blades through it) and I would rather not lose my save if at all possible. Is there a way to extract the save before I update? It's worth losing for NGS, but I did spend a good amount of time with the game so far...

plake

Would the referral program work if you were to refer a non-US Vita, ie mine. Would that make us both get the 20 usd credit?

Now, let me guess... It won't.

Ohhh man I was gonna buy NG soon too...

Question: I used the exploit (currently playing Unchained Blades through it) and I would rather not lose my save if at all possible. Is there a way to extract the save before I update? It's worth losing for NGS, but I did spend a good amount of time with the game so far...

Well you could buy NGS through webstore and download it later.

Top Bottom