• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Jamix012

48hrs later, my question is answered. Thanks.

There's no way we can help give PSN bucks, right?

I think the answer is yes? Basically I just registered my EU Vita on one of the sites above and it seemed to work, Probably because I have an NA account. So I just entered the NA account and my serial number and BAM, it says 4-6 weeks.

Derrick01

Banned
that's a bold statement he makes about mk64. very bold.

out of all the praise this ( and the last) thread has given sonic racing, this comment has not only convinced me the most to do it., but gave a great reason of how.

MK64 is pretty basic if you play it now. You can get through all of the tracks in maybe 30 minutes and there's not much to the tracks. In this game you have the diddy kong mix with the boat/plane/kart trio and the tracks morph on each lap to keep it interesting. You may go through the 1st lap on a track on the kart and then halfway through the 2nd lap a piece of the track will collapse and you'll turn into a plane and dive into a section below the track you were just racing on.

Then there's the different kind of modes I listed throughout the campaign to make it more diverse and interesting than just races. Although I'm finding out in the last world there's too many of those and not enough normal races, but it's still fun. Pretty challenging to unlock all of the secrets on the maps too since they require high star totals.

Megatron

I'm definitely stoked for Ninja Gaiden tomorrow. Still... Europe gets Sleeping Dogs and Lumines? That's even better. Hope we get one of those this month.

branny

I don't think that many people besides frequent forum-goers are really capitalizing on the promotion. Heck, most people don't even know what a Vita is.
I still don't really know what the promo is, but I haven't really been looking into it lol

Am I making a mistake? Should I leech off someone's link or something?

ZeroAKA

I still don't really know what the promo is, but I haven't really been looking into it lol

Am I making a mistake? Should I leech off someone's link or something?
Use someone's referral code to register your Vita serial number on some Sony referral website, and both of you get a $20 PSN card. It might work or it might not, but it doesn't hurt to try. You can PM me if you want.

kiyomi

Anyone wanna send me a code so I can at least find out if it works on my US account? Worst case scenario is that it just doesn't work, right?

Megatron

Surprise, Carl defending lord Sony-sama's honor.

Tell me, how much of the IGC do you own and how much of it do you want to play?

Yeah... that's what I thought. Either you 1) own the titles they're giving out for free (therefor crap update) or 2) no1currs (crap update).

RARELY do they give a 3) game that's okay and some1currs and you don't own it.

Thinking about it, the way to solve 1-2 and is to pull a VF5: Day-1 IGC it for 1-4 weeks. That would make the service worthwhile since you don't run into the bullshit of "damn, I already own that/damn I don't care about that" that PSRS continues to do. But, hey, if you want Sony to not fix it more power to you. They won't be getting another $50 hope-and-change off me next year.

I didn't care about VF5 because I don't care about fighting games. So that was a crap update I guess?

If all you want is a game to come out on PSplus first, that just happened a couple months ago with Jet Set Radio Future for Vita.

Shoyz

wait wait wait

are they sending PHYSICAL cards?

According to the TOS it should be sent as an email.
in order to claim the twenty dollar ($20) PlayStation®Network gift card, such Contestant or Referred PS Vita Purchaser must sign into PSN and visit the PlayStation Store, then use the code that is provided in the email.

ZeroAKA

Thanks, ZeroAKA. I'll give it a whirl when I get home tonight. :)
You're welcome!

I played Ragnarok Odyssey for the first time in months last night, and I immediately remembered how awful I am at action/hunting games. I'm seriously considering starting at Hero Mode in Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus.

Shoyz

Got my Vita today and downloaded a set of demos from the JP PSN store. And as I feared, playing the Project Diva demo really makes it sad to have skipped on it!

Wonder if there's any chance they'll release a 'complete' edition for the Vita with all the DLC included (or if the Vita version will drop in price when the PS3 release comes out so I can justify picking it up). Either way March looks like a ridiculous month.

Got my Vita today and downloaded a set of demos from the JP PSN store. And as I feared, playing the Project Diva demo really makes it sad to have skipped on it!

Wonder if there's any chance they'll release a 'complete' edition for the Vita with all the DLC included (or if the Vita version will drop in price when the PS3 release comes out so I can justify picking it up). Either way March looks like a ridiculous month.
I don't think a full edition will happen, sadly. ): Best thing you'll get is the PS3 version, or spending the 3000 yen to get the PS3 stuff in the Vita version(it'll be DLC when the PS3 version is out).

ZeroAKA

Project Diva f was my first import, and I don't regret it one bit. I actually recently stumbled upon an excellent Youtube playlist with all of the PVs in Project Diva f. Some of these songs are really catchy: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzayBfPlISRz7RwGrIP7F-92XgfiJ_6LR

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
MK64 is pretty basic if you play it now. You can get through all of the tracks in maybe 30 minutes and there's not much to the tracks. In this game you have the diddy kong mix with the boat/plane/kart trio and the tracks morph on each lap to keep it interesting. You may go through the 1st lap on a track on the kart and then halfway through the 2nd lap a piece of the track will collapse and you'll turn into a plane and dive into a section below the track you were just racing on.

Then there's the different kind of modes I listed throughout the campaign to make it more diverse and interesting than just races. Although I'm finding out in the last world there's too many of those and not enough normal races, but it's still fun. Pretty challenging to unlock all of the secrets on the maps too since they require high star totals.

basic, yes. but fun as hell. - sigh, ive got rose colored glasses on... nostalgia is a helluva drug.

such a great game.

Would there be any reason its saying that my serial number is invalid for the referal thing? is the deal dead or am I doing something wrong? For the record I triple checked my serial number lol

Edit: I guess I had to put a space inbetween the letters and numbers

Shoyz

Kenichiro Takaki was posting some Senran Kagura screenshots on his Twitter earlier, I'll post a few of them soon if nobody else does.

But the Project Diva series received nothing of the sort. ^^

Just hard to wrap my head around how the Vita version at 5 months old (7 by then?) could cost roughly the same amount despite getting the same level of content on the vita being an additional 3,000 yen charge (if not more), HD visuals aside. If the Vita version drops in price by 3,000 yen I'll be all over it :)

Not sure why you're honored but okay. :p

Gonna have to compare some scores when you do get it. AND PROTECT THAT SCREEN.

Because you said you were looking for an excuse to quote me bahaha, I thought it was pretty funny. Yes, yes we have to compare scores and such. I'm usually a beast at rhythm games but we'll see how I do with Technika Tune, it's my first DJMAX game so~

i might have missed this whole convo - plants vs zombies might be good though? im sure youve thought of that already though >_> also - where is my heart?

not even sure what type of person im suggesting games for....hahaha! jsut dont force gaming. thats all i've learned with GFs and videogames.

Yeah she adores Plants vs. Zombies, and Where is My Heart did look fun/cutesy, I might get her to try that. Yeah, I'm the same way with my wife - although she does seem to be trying to give some more games a chance ... she's just so picky.

Megatron

If you just got your Vita today, there should be a way for you to use the referal program, right? Have someone on here partner up with you and say they recommended you so you each get $20 gift cards.

Just Ordered Sonic Transformed, now the wait for it to come. If anyone has the game and wants to add me my PSN ID is the same as my gaf name.

omg_mjd

Yeah she adores Plants vs. Zombies, and Where is My Heart did look fun/cutesy, I might get her to try that. Yeah, I'm the same way with my wife - although she does seem to be trying to give some more games a chance ... she's just so picky.

Games with a time management mechanic seem to be especially addicting to women (in my experience). I remember waking up in the middle of the night once and finding my girlfriend at the time playing The Sims on my PC (which I used for work, so she could only play when I was asleep. Hardcore.)

I guess that's another reason why women like playing P4G despite having a male-only MC.

A quick enquiry...has anyone managed to register a Japanese Vita using a US account? I'm not sure if I'm entering the barcode on the left or the serial on the right wrong...

Shitting me, that's for sure.

Kingbrave

Just got:

Hot Shots Tennis
Final Fantasy Tactics
Final Fantasy 4 Complete
And the greatest game ever:
Final Fantasy 6

I need a bigger card....

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
A quick enquiry...has anyone managed to register a Japanese Vita using a US account? I'm not sure if I'm entering the barcode on the left or the serial on the right wrong...

Add a 0 or H at the end.

Neither will work straight up.

The form wants 10 characters.
The left (long) SN is 11. The right (shorter) is 9.

Depending on who you ask, you get different solutions for putting in your 10 digits.

Vodh

The only thing that made me salty about PS+ Vita in EU was the lack of WipeOut. And the only puzzle game I considered buying on Vita so far is Lumines. Thank you, based SCEE! :D

The only thing that made me salty about PS+ Vita in EU was the lack of WipeOut. And the only puzzle game I considered buying on Vita so far is Lumines. Thank you, based SCEE! :D

Usually if SCEA gives something good, it comes shortly to SCEE.

If SCEE gives something good, it'll be over a year if we see it from SCEA... if ever.

And it's not just PS+.

It took us 7 months to get a "localized" Frobisher Says! We still have no trophy patch.
We have no Spyro games.
We have no Jetpack Joyride patch.
The list goes on and on.

VanWinkle

Ya know, I was thinking. It wouldn't be TOO crazy of an idea to think that we could at the very least hear about what Bend are doing next by E3 or earlier. If their next game were to come out in Winter (not saying it would), it would be two years after Uncharted Golden Abyss finished development. That's a fairly normal timeframe between franchise releases. I didn't even think about the fact that a winter release would make Uncharted GA two years old.

Top Bottom