• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Neither will work straight up.

The form wants 10 characters.
The left (long) SN is 11. The right (shorter) is 9.

Depending on who you ask, you get different solutions for putting in your 10 digits.

See, the barcode number on the left on my machine is ridiculously long...

03-01034567-1234341-PCH1000 (not the real serial, but same number of characters)

And the serial number is HJXXXXXXX

Any further tips? Outside of my ordinary confusedness, this is vexing.

RoKKeR

See, the barcode number on the left on my machine is ridiculously long...

03-01034567-1234341-PCH1000 (not the real serial, but same number of characters)

And the serial number is HJXXXXXXX

Any further tips? Outside of my ordinary confusedness, this is vexing.
I added a 0 in the middle of my serial number and it worked just fine.

Heh. No dice. Wonder if it's the issue with the hardware serial, being Japan-bought and trying to register it to a US account.

Crazy.

EDIT: Ultimately more confusing, only because the product registration keeps telling me "Don't forget the barcode" above the field, and the barcode is ridiculously long (won't accept it), and the serial - which everyone says is what you need - is not being accepted either. Barcode, serial?! Gah.

Some Senran Kagura screenshots from Takaki-san's twitter.

iV4zVdD5kbFmA.jpg
ibjUZEUVVxoBAM.jpg

ibiZHhJemsuWnI.jpg
iMdnWjoRUMZ3W.jpg

http://i.minus.com/irsWtvpkkeXvk.jpg

I linked the last one because it's vertical and still pretty big in quotes.

Megatron

Ya know, I was thinking. It wouldn't be TOO crazy of an idea to think that we could at the very least hear about what Bend are doing next by E3 or earlier. If their next game were to come out in Winter (not saying it would), it would be two years after Uncharted Golden Abyss finished development. That's a fairly normal timeframe between franchise releases. I didn't even think about the fact that a winter release would make Uncharted GA two years old.

Yeah, I agree. I'm really hoping for a GA sequal this fall. There has to be some Vita games coming that we don't know about yet since we don't really know about anything right now...

Iacobellis

Heh. No dice. Wonder if it's the issue with the hardware serial, being Japan-bought and trying to register it to a US account.

Crazy.

EDIT: Ultimately more confusing, only because the product registration keeps telling me "Don't forget the barcode" above the field, and the barcode is ridiculously long (won't accept it), and the serial - which everyone says is what you need - is not being accepted either. Barcode, serial?! Gah.

The Vita being a JP model might be the issue then.

DigitalOp

Banned
Ninja Gaiden on PS+?!!! Pure sweetness!!!! ill still buy the game retail but now i can get a headstart!!!!
Im tryna beat it for real this time..... no reason I own the OG Xbox version, Ninja Gaiden Black, AND Sigma for PS3 and STILL havent beat it yet, whats wrong with me?? T_T

I would like to work with someone for a 20$ psn credit please, sweet deal!!

oldmario

Looked in OP couldn't find the solution, how do we transfer saves from digital to physical? is it just the case of upload to PS+, delete game, insert card let it install the bubble and download the save from the cloud?

PopInnovation

Neo Member
Looked in OP couldn't find the solution, how do we transfer saves from digital to physical? is it just the case of upload to PS+, delete game, insert card let it install the bubble and download the save from the cloud?

Nail on the head. Just ensure your save is on PS+!

Have you guys actually done that, or just assuming it would work? Also, does it work when going physical to digital?

I guess I can't imagine why it wouldn't though, because you could always make fake data and then overwrite it.

Yup.
Someone claimed that if you pop the physical card in, the game will prompt you for transferring.
I'm not sure cause I've only gone physical > digital, not the other way around.

Have you guys actually done that, or just assuming it would work? Also, does it work when going physical to digital?

I guess I can't imagine why it wouldn't though, because you could always make fake data and then overwrite it.

Yes, it works fine. I did it for MK.
You can also back up to PC, restore the bubble with just the save, then download the digital game and let it install. This worked for me with Gravity Rush and WipEout 2048.

I really hope the referral program is legit and comes though for us all. But with everyone having to alter the serial number I' m starting to feel like no one is gonna see a dime. I really hope I'm wrong as a lot of you I referred. Also wanted to add that I got emails when anyone accepted the referral but nothing when they were completed

I don't know who has filled their quotas for the referral thing already, so first person who gets at me gets my Vita serial.

... wait, I'm confused. Was I supposed to send my serial number out, or was I supposed to get a code or something to put my serial number in myself?

But the Project Diva series received nothing of the sort. ^^

Technically, DIVA extend was a physical release of all DLC developed for DIVA 2nd (alongside returning and newly developed/redeveloped stuff). Came out way more than 7 months after DIVA 2nd did though. Handling of DLC in DIVA f is waaay better than in the previous games though so I see less incentive to do something like that again.

ZeroAKA

I think I've reached the max number of credited referrals so I won't get any PSN credit myself, but I can still send referrals so that others can get the $20 credit. Just PM me.

Takao

Banned
so anyone talk about samurai and dragons localization today

vita sells like a sega platform
so it's getting sega support

xJavonta

Banned
Wasn't there supposed to be a Sly 4 demo for PS Vita? I downloaded it on my PS3 but I don't feel like walking up two flights of stairs to play a demo.

VanWinkle

I admit, I chuckled a bit at this.

Maybe it was just that specific mission, but the PS3 demo felt bland to me. I might buy it at some point if it gets good reviews.

Hey nothing wrong with that man. Not everybody is going to be into everything :)

Do keep in mind, though, that the demo was straight up the actual beginning of the game, so a lot of hand holding and introducing of mechanics.

^xJovanta, Vita demo tomorrow.

This thread has been taken over by referral stuff, lol.

Sly 4 in one week guys. Get excited.

Is it more like Sly 1 or Sly 2/3?

Cause Sly 1 was the only game I sorta liked out of that series.

Nope, GCT or when they feel like it (Grace Chen Time)

The illustrious Grace Chen said that they were working on at least getting the new releases (digital) up for pre-orders @ 12am PST and trying to move that foward across NA time zones...
As to whether or not it will ever happen? It only took 6+ years to get a web store and we still don't get updates at a set time or in a timely manner. So yeah... grain of salt. :p

zulux21

I have no idea why I'm so excited for Let's Fish tomorrow! Hahaha

There are a number of possible reasons for this.
first off the vita release schedule in general is pretty fin right now.
perhaps you watched the trailer and couldn't help but think "OH MY COD" at the sheer scale of the game.
perhaps you thought playing a fishing game on the vita would just go swimmingly or that it was a genre that dolphinitely needed to be represented.
Maybe since the vita is floundering you felt the best course of action was to attempt to lure more games to the vita by baiting the publishers with money.
perhaps you are just hooked on the idea of fishing at this time.

anyways before you tell me to get trout allow me to try another angler
you likely either think it looks fun or you want to buy it for the halibut

anyways don't krill me as I am just squidding around.
i'm reely sorry if you can't sea the joy of fishing puns :p

whale, I think I shrimply out did myshelf this time. let minnow if you think I didn't have enough puns in this post :p... ps this post was so punny to make up for not including a pun when talking about lets fish earlier today :/

Top Bottom