• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Gamespawn

So 960x544 screens of NGS2+ have been appearing on several websites.
While it's definitely sub-native, they look pretty nice on the Vita.
DISMEMBERMENT! Just sold my PS3 version when I found out it wasn't gimped. So going to be broke this year

Almost makes me wish the whole "NO GAEMS" thing was true.

So I'm playing little inferno on iPad and love it.

But my god is it made for vita. It's all touch and its all fire so would be gorgeous on OLED

Fusebox

Banned
what do you think of the vita so far?

I love it. I haven't really done mobile gaming on anything other than my iPad for over 6 months now (even though I own all the other handhelds) so it's nice to have physical controls again for a change.

PS+ was what made me go out and get the Vita though, dat free copy of Uncharted was just too damn tempting. Got a 32GB stick from eBay yesterday and threw on all the free PS+ stuff plus a bunch of demos last night and also bought Sine Mora and Blazblue from the PS Store.

I love the custom wallpaper business, having a single page per game for the big titles looks sweet as.

But yeah, Sine Mora. I only fired it up first because it looked like it would be good for a quick play before settling into a more meaty game like Uncharted but damn. Everyone buy this game.

Ran rp

yea - vita and sony's marketing became the laughing stock of the day.

it was a sad thread.

Why can't we have a normal Vita thread without all of that crap :\ I don't remember the Taco Bell thread being filled with nearly as much doom talk as what we've been getting lately, and that was a thread about literally giving Vitas away.

Dantis

So 960x544 screens of NGS2+ have been appearing on several websites.
While it's definitely sub-native, they look pretty nice on the Vita.

The textures have taken a serious, serious hit. Sigma 1 Plus looks better. :(

46358_10151298771306785_2118530558_n.jpg

EDIT: For comparison's sake, Sigma 1:

Ninja-Gaiden-Sigma-Plus-Coming-to-PS-Vita-Next-February.jpg

And now I am sad-face.

Grinchy

Banned
I jumped onto the store today and found out Ninja Gaiden Sigma is FREE?!

Hell yes. That is so awesome. I can't wait until I can finally find the time to play it.

Dantis

Thinking on it, the NGS2 screens have convinced me to rent, not buy. Surprisingly, the terrible new costumes aren't swaying me either, haha.

I am disappointed, Tecmo. I really hope the DOA5 team can pull off something more impressive.

Iacobellis

Thinking on it, the NGS2 screens have convinced me to rent, not buy. Surprisingly, the terrible new costumes aren't swaying me either, haha.

I am disappointed, Tecmo. I really hope the DOA5 team can pull off something more impressive.

DOA5 is already 60FPS!

For Vita it's like this.

c46UxYE.jpg
Oh, I dunno. The rumored presence of dedicated video encoding hardware together with the acquisition of Gaikai makes me think there's a decent chance Sony has gotten Remote Play to the point where Vita Remote Play can be made mandatory on all PS4 titles.

Oh, I dunno. The rumored presence of dedicated video encoding hardware together with the acquisition of Gaikai makes me think there's a decent chance Sony has gotten Remote Play to the point where Vita Remote Play can be made mandatory on all PS4 titles.

That would be a hell of a bomb to drop

QP3

Has anyone played the Valhalla Knight games?

I have not but enjoy aRPG's. how are they? What can we expect from VH3 Vita?

OmegaZero

Where at?

Sites like Gaming Age, Destructoid, ect.

The textures have taken a serious, serious hit. Sigma 1 Plus looks better. :(

EDIT: For comparison's sake, Sigma 1:

And now I am sad-face.

The massive downgrade in visuals was apparent when the JP trailer hit. So I'm not really surprised by this at all, but this does make me wonder if they are aiming for 60fps more then ever.

Also, looking at other screens, it seems like floor textures and shadows took the biggest hit:

Skyzard

Banned
Could be the DoF... but yeah does look like they took a hit. Someone said something about more environment to render..?

dan2026

If that aint 60fps they can stuff it.

Hopefully they learned from the first game that graphics don't mean crap if the framerate isn't where it should be.

Also re-watching the trailer reminded me of that fire armadillo boss that blows up and kills you if you don't block.

Fuck that guy.

OmegaZero

Could be the DoF... but yeah does look like they took a hit. Someone said something about more environment to render..?

Sigma 2 is a much more demanding game overall then Sigma. More detailed character models and environments, more accurate lighting, more effects and ect.

Sigma Plus had similar downgrades from Sigma, but those are less obvious and not as prominent.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
S2+ doesn't look so hot. I prefer blob shadows to 128x128 dynamic shadows. Shame game developers don't feel the same way (make sacrifices for better IQ, people!).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Sigma 2 is a much more demanding game overall then Sigma. More detailed character models and environments, more accurate lighting, more effects and ect.

Sigma Plus had similar downgrades from Sigma, but those are less obvious and not as prominent.

Hey, you.

how do I unlock the trials/missions past the first three grouped ones in Sigma +?

OmegaZero

Hey, you.

how do I unlock the trials/missions past the first three grouped ones in Sigma +?

Oh yeah, I responded to that earlier.
If you aren't unlocking trials by beating them on all difficulty settings, then just beat the game and try to find the ambushes.

I didn't try the trials until I had beaten Hard mode, so I can't give you anything more then that. :/

Top Bottom