• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Derrick01

Banned
Co-op PC game. Derrick you gonn' start playing some minecraft with that friend, and then dota 2 with that friend. And then we'll all be happy that you got into MP gaming. :)

I am about to buy ragnarok odyssey just to support xseed.

Nah me and that particular friend played BL1 back on 360 when it came out and now we're finally going through 2. We don't really play a lot of MP/co-op stuff, this is just kind of like a tradition now with those games.

namDa65

Nah me and that particular friend played BL1 back on 360 when it came out and now we're finally going through 2. We don't really play a lot of MP/co-op stuff, this is just kind of like a tradition now with those games.

Damn, I hope for the day when you open up to the intricacies of MP that is unique to the mode. I love both SP and MP equally.

So far Vita is garbage on the multiplayer front, hoping for some f2p PSO2 and the upcoming samarai and dragons to be good. KZ MP is meh, as is CoD.

PSY・S;47140720 said:
Well the site says that no one has a successful referral yet, so I guess shipping info will be the next step?

From the official rules:

"For both Contestant and the Referred PS Vita Purchasers, in order to claim the twenty dollar ($20) PlayStation®Network gift card, such Contestant or Referred PS Vita Purchaser must sign into PSN and visit the PlayStation Store, then use the code that is provided in the email."

http://www.sonyrewards.com/PSvitacontest

Far easier and cheaper for them to send it via e-mail.

Ran rp

From the official rules:

"For both Contestant and the Referred PS Vita Purchasers, in order to claim the twenty dollar ($20) PlayStation®Network gift card, such Contestant or Referred PS Vita Purchaser must sign into PSN and visit the PlayStation Store, then use the code that is provided in the email."

http://www.sonyrewards.com/PSvitacontest

Far easier and cheaper for them to send it via e-mail.

Oh so it is an emailed code. The way they worded the message made it sound like we'd be getting physical cards. Great, thanks!

Iacobellis

I know...my friends are kinda on ps3 and playing psabr and I just got a urge but im gonna fight it I think. P4G is the whole reason I wanted one anyways.

Vita is part of the eighth generation, PS3 is the seventh. You would have a huge backlog of games to already play, but it would be such a backwards purchase in 2013.

Ran rp

I wonder if the psn code will just be psn credit or a special code that either person uses to grant $20 to both accounts.

You guys know what I wish would be re-unveiled?

Warrior's Lair.

Seriously hoping Sony doesn't just ditch the IP, that they have it out for summer or something so 2013 is well-rounded out for the Vita.

dsigns1

For some reason I think I would rather use a ps3 controller than vita. Hmmm...I will be going to work in a minuet for awhile but Ill be back to you guys tonight. We will finalize this tonight! lol

I have the game for both systems and play on my vita way more. It's such a great pickup and play game.

Sid

More PS3 I guess.. Psabr, Tlou, last guardian whenever, and thats like it.

Psv is just P4G but I think the vita is essential to this new generation but i am also not so sure of its lifespan..
Right so you should buy a PS3 first or wait till the PS4 is announced to see if it's backwards compatible or not then buy a Vita when it has enough games you want.

ZeroAKA

Psv is just P4G but I think the vita is essential to this new generation but i am also not so sure of its lifespan..
If P4G is really the only game you're interested in, you probably shouldn't buy a Vita right now. That said, I don't know if I can recommend buying a new PS3 either at this point in its life.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member

i mean what are the odds youll be buying a launch ps4? if you plan to wait 1-2 years get a ps3...if you dont know wait till you hear more about it.

did you ever have a psp? ps1? if no vita is a great device to play all those games as well as the awesomeness thats coming.

the fact that you are here in this thread shows that you have real interest in buying a vita. so you will get one., its just a matter of when. obviously theres no rush on either. both have potential price drops this year.... so if you can hold out on waiting for more ps4 news, go with a vita then buy ps3 based off what you hear about ps4.

Right so you should buy a PS3 first or wait till the PS4 is announced to see if it's backwards compatible or not then buy a Vita when it has enough games you want.
I was thinking P4 and FFvii would hold me awhile on vita and would not playing them for that long.
If P4G is really the only game you're interested in, you probably shouldn't buy a Vita right now. That said, I don't know if I can recommend buying a new PS3 either at this point in its life.
Yea see..It makes sense though that I would more likely go out and buy a 720 before ps4 if that matters..idk..I have a 360, and WiiU and the multiplats are kinda the same If Im getting vita or ps3 its because of the exclusives I want I guess.

Get a Vita! Its a great system with some fun games. I would buy a PS3 too, since PS4 probably wont be BC with PS3, and it wont be out for about a year.

Gamespawn

I say get the Vita now and sign up for Plus, that way you have something awesome to play throughout the year til your 720 comes out.

Iacobellis

I say get the Vita now and sign up for Plus, that way you have something awesome to play throughout the year til your 720 comes out.

mDPCu.gif

zulux21

edit: removed because i was owned.

Deathmatch Village has PS3 Vita Cross-Play
Bloober Team has announced Deathmatch Village, a free-to-play multiplayer affair headed to PlayStation 3 and Vita. Eurogamer reports the 3v3 arena combat title offers Cross-Play, Cross-Save and dozens of weapons. No screens or video as yet. Blooper was last seen working on Medium; the developer is all that remains of Nibris, the team behind unreleased Wii title Sadness, and also produced A-Men.

Gamespawn

I would argue that if you are torn between a ps3/psv and you want to get plus, hands down you want a ps3 instead.

Plus for a vita is a decent deal but as far as I know you can't snag the free ps3 content on the vita.
on the ps3 you can get all of the ps3 content and then download all of the vita content for when you get a vita as well which makes it a far better deal as you are getting twice as many games all the time on your account (assuming you are planning to own both consoles at some point)

Deathmatch Village has PS3 Vita Cross-Play
You can with the Webstore, though;p

OmegaZero

So 960x544 screens of NGS2+ have been appearing on several websites.
While it's definitely sub-native, they look pretty nice on the Vita.

Top Bottom