• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Bukana

I have a question about 'Cross-Buy'.
Let's say my friend is buying Sly4 and he is giving me the access code of the Vita version. Now, if he gave it to someone else, can they still use the same code and deactivates mine?

I have a question about 'Cross-Buy'.
Let's say my friend is buying Sly4 and he is giving me the access code of the Vita version. Now, if he gave it to someone else, can they still use the same code and deactivates mine?
If it's anything like All-Stars' Cross Buy, it's not an access code. It's instead activated through some "Disc Benefits" nonsense.

If you want the game, you have to activate it with your account on his PS3. He'll be able to continue playing it on his PS3 with no issues.

Bukana

If it's anything like All-Stars' Cross Buy, it's not an access code. It's instead activated through some "Disc Benefits" nonsense.

If you want the game, you have to activate it with your account on his PS3. He'll be able to continue playing it on his PS3 with no issues.

Cool. But that means I can never 'own' the game, because if he gave it to someone else and do the same steps for that guy's Vita, it would deactivate mine, right?

Thank though.

That Sigma 2+ shot is probably the worst of the bunch. Tecmo's Facebook page has the lot
Some of the others don't look particularly sub-native to me, like this one:

8kBvYfk.jpg

Could be that it's got some dynamic resolution going on.
It certainly doesn't look like like Assassins Creed for instance:

dTVDPSw.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Or maybe boost mode (the new mode) takes too much RAM and they removed textures for it. Who knows.

Skyzard

Banned
Sigma 2 is a much more demanding game overall then Sigma. More detailed character models and environments, more accurate lighting, more effects and ect.

Sigma Plus had similar downgrades from Sigma, but those are less obvious and not as prominent.

It does look quite good although that blur is a little worrying, hopefully the transitions are smooth in-game. Otherwise yeah, bring it on, I'm really not expecting it but it would be amazing to have it as 60fps - seems even the main character textures aren't as crisp..although those shots are quite big aren't they? Maybe I'm too zoomed in or something.

That Sigma 2+ shot is probably the worst of the bunch. Tecmo's Facebook page has the lot

8kBvYfk.jpg

dTVDPSw.jpg

Ok this screenshot makes 60fps seem even more unlikely to me. Very nice but again, quite big shots no?

Iacobellis

If its coming out feb 20 sure.

If the PS4 comes out this year, I can tell you the Vita should keep you entertained for the next nine months or so. You have Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Sly Cooper, Tearaway, Killzone, Persona, Soul Sacrifice, etc.. Not to mention the games Sony has yet to announce, which we all hope is Golden Abyss 2.

OmegaZero

EDIT:

8kBvYfk.jpg

dTVDPSw.jpg

All of the recent NGS2+ vids show signs of subnative res, though. I don't think it'll be dynamic, but if it is, it'll likely only be native when Ryu isn't in combat.
Also, those Facebook screens are about a month older then the screens posted already.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Well, that is what happened to the PSP.

and I think its what will happen again,but first party support will not change since so far only SCE B studios/small studio are working on it, unless if Bend switched to PS4 or something,however Vita will not get any Sony x Publisher exclusivity deal (like Call of Duty or AssCreed) since their resources will be put to get as much games as they can for PS4.

Vita life now depend on third party support....

Anyway I hope Sony make a Vita Revision that is also a PS4 friendly and not gimped like PS3 and Vita( allow people to use it just like Wii U gamepad and play all their PS4 games on it without lag)

cyborg009

Banned
and I think its what will happen again.

But first party support will not change since so far only SCE B studios/small studio are working on it, unless if Bend switched to PS4 or something.

however Vita will not get any Sony x Publisher exclusivity deal (like Call of Duty or AssCreed) since their resources will be put to get as much games as they can for PS4.

Anyway I hope Sony make a Vita Revision that is also a PS4 friendly and not gimped like PS3 and Vita( allow people to use it just like Wii U gamepad and play all their PS4 games on it without lag)

SCEA need support it as well, they haven't announced a single exclusive game for the Vita in ages.

Also Vitabros Vitasista add me on PSN: Jimmy-Debaba

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
SCEA need support it as well, they haven't announced a single exclusive game for the Vita in ages.

SCEA support for Vita will shrink even more now..it will be like a poor penis in Antarctica

you'll not see Naughty Dog ,Santa Monica Studio, Sucker Punch on Vita, especially not now, Same thing with the SCEE studios that were doing nothing but preparing for PS4 in the past two years Guerrilla and Evolution Studios.

I'd say first party wise..PS4 bus already ran over Vita.

daoster

and I think its what will happen again,but first party support will not change since so far only SCE B studios/small studio are working on it, unless if Bend switched to PS4 or something,however Vita will not get any Sony x Publisher exclusivity deal (like Call of Duty or AssCreed) since their resources will be put to get as much games as they can for PS4.

In an ideal world, the new PS4 controller would, for all intents and purposes be a Vita, only with a proper R2/L2 button and allowing people to basically play Vita games on their controller without having to buy a Vita (because they already have the PS4 controller) and allow the Vita to be used as a gamepad for the PS4.

We'll see though

And yeah, Vita depends on third party...but third party ain't biting, until more people buy the system...so where's that price cut? Or shall we wait till THIS holiday season?

jwk94

So I just redeemd a referral code for Sony's $20 Vita program. How am I going to receive that? I understand the thing says I should wait "4-6 weeks for delivery" but I don't recall giving them my address during this process.

So I just redeemd a referral code for Sony's $20 Vita program. How am I going to receive that? I understand the thing says I should wait "4-6 weeks for delivery" but I don't recall giving them my address during this process.
Somebody said earlier they email it to you. I have no idea why it take 4-6 week to email a code.

Noi

They know.

It's probably gonna be sent via a PSN message like every other "gift" SCEA send via PSN. That or email. "Delivery" probably means "processing".

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
And yeah, Vita depends on third party...but third party ain't biting, until more people buy the system...so where's that price cut? Or shall we wait till THIS holiday season?

Vita situation can't really wait till the holiday.

E3 is their limit for Vita revision and price cut (it will be very wise if they bring the cheaper Vita revision or price cut in the PS meeting),and they need a huge drop to make it appeal to people and then publishers.

jwk94

Somebody said earlier they email it to you. I have no idea why it take 4-6 week to email a code.

They know.

It's probably gonna be sent via a PSN message like every other "gift" SCEA send via PSN. That or email. "Delivery" probably means "processing".

Alright, I'll keep an eye on my PSN and email. Off-topic, but is there a way to tell Gmail to wait 60 days - instead of 30 - to delete spam? I'd rather not miss this.

cyborg009

Banned
SCEA support for Vita will shrink even more now..it will be like a poor penis in Antarctica

you'll not see Naughty Dog ,Santa Monica Studio, Sucker Punch on Vita, especially not now, Same thing with the SCEE studios that were doing nothing but preparing for PS4 in the past two years Guerrilla and Evolution Studios.

I'd say first party wise..PS4 bus already ran over Vita.

http://www.destructoid.com/welp-naughty-dog-has-no-plans-for-vita-games-222312.phtml

Pretty much for sure Naughty is not. SSM might do might while farming it out to another studio, and I'm not sure about Sucker Punch.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
DAT FRAMERATE DROP (5FPS) in Chapter 4 of Sigma+.

DAT NOT HAVING THE IZUNA DROP UNTIL 5 SCARABS (I don't recall this being in Black)

Alright, I'll keep an eye on my PSN and email. Off-topic, but is there a way to tell Gmail to wait 60 days - instead of 30 - to delete spam? I'd rather not miss this.

You don't check your spam mail every end of the week at the very least if not every 2 weeks? I check from time to time to see if anything important got put there by accident or just arrived at least once every 3 days. Also delete all the spam that piles up so you don't have to dig to find the nonspam emails.

I'm not feeling so hot today so I had time to watch The Office Season something and FINALLY play more Persona 4 Golden. Doing Kanji's dungeon and it took most of my willpower to put it down.

i need to play more of this fucking game

I've been reading about this February event and I've come to a troubling conclusion...

It's probably not Vita Heaven 2 :(
The hilarious thing is that this past week's announcements would've merited their own Nintendo Direct-style presentation.

Wake Up Club megaton, New Killzone and Tearaway trailers, Soul Sacrifice release date and new media, a reminder that Cross-Buy Sly is on the way instead of doing yet another bomba stealth release, Ys/Muramasa/VK3/GGXXAC+R localizations, and the first legitimately exciting PS+ update in a while. Could've even given SFxT some advertising for the new 2013 update.

I'm not feeling so hot today so I had time to watch The Office Season something and FINALLY play more Persona 4 Golden. Doing Kanji's dungeon and it took most of my willpower to put it down.

i need to play more of this fucking game

I know that feel bro. I was at home with a killer flu yesterday, and ended up marathoning Kanji's dungeon. Make sure you have some Personas with poison resistance!

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
So i just finshed the 5th level of gravity rush, im not sure if i like it enough to keep going... I think its pretty cool concept and all. Kats super hot. But Im not feeling the controls or cam much. I get pretty discombobulated when flying around most of the time. Im really trying to like it, take it bit by bit due to the overwhelming love for it on gaf. But i'm ready to try some other games, maybe play it at a later date... Hrmmm ill give it another few days maybe

hitmon

So i just finshed the 5th level of gravity rush, im not sure if i like it enough to keep going... I think its pretty cool concept and all. Kats super hot. But Im not feeling the controls or cam much. I get pretty discombobulated when flying around most of the time. Im really trying to like it, take it bit by bit due to the overwhelming love for it on gaf. But i'm ready to try some other games, maybe play it at a later date... Hrmmm ill give it another few days maybe

Don't worry, you are not alone. I love the art, but the gameplay (camera did not help) just didn't click for me. Felt like I was fighting the controls everytime I attempt to play it.

cyborg009

Banned

Press down on the d pad, thank me later.

Top Bottom