• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Ponn

Banned
Asphal Injection
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance
Lumines
Michael Jackson: The Experience
Rayman Origins
Army Corps Of Hell
Touch My Katamari
Ridge Racer Ultimate Edition
Shinobido 2
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
F1 2011
A-Men
Blazblue Continuum Shift Extended
SF X Tekken

So basically every launch game. As stated above, they haven't been given the sale prices yet.

Really? SF x Tekken but still no drop on UMvsC3? Really capcom??

Well I haven't heard back from any of the mods I messaged if its against the rules to make a separate thread for the vita referral program. Guess we will have to discuss it here for the time being.

There is a update out for jetpack joyride in the U.S., adds button support now and some other bug fixes.

Well I haven't heard back from any of the mods I messaged if its against the rules to make a separate thread for the vita referral program. Guess we will have to discuss it here for the time being.

There is a update out for jetpack joyride in the U.S., adds button support now and some other bug fixes.

Button support sounds awesome. I can't tell you how many times I've accidentally hit the rear touch and died.

Tomodachi

Asphal Injection
Lumines
Rayman Origins
Army Corps Of Hell
Touch My Katamari
Shinobido 2
F1 2011
A-Men
SF X Tekken

So basically every launch game. As stated above, they haven't been given the sale prices yet.

I was about to get Mutant Blobs Attack a few days ago, glad I waited!

So, from this list is Mutant Blobs the only digital-only title?

ZeroAKA

Asphal Injection
Lumines
Rayman Origins
Army Corps Of Hell
Touch My Katamari
Shinobido 2
F1 2011
A-Men
SF X Tekken

It would be nice if we get something like this in the US. I'd double dip on some of the physical launch games I bought since I didn't have a 32GB card at the time.

Spwn

So, from this list is Mutant Blobs the only digital-only title?

I don't think A-men had a retail release.

And I'm not really holding my breath for the sale prices to be amazing. SCEE is good at disappointing. I'm expecting Dungeon Hunter: Alliance and Army Corps to be 20€>.

I don't think A-men had a retail release.

And I'm not really holding my breath for the sale prices to be amazing. SCEE is good at disappointing. I'm expecting Dungeon Hunter: Alliance and Army Corps to be 20€>.

I honestly can say that Army Corps isn't worth 20. I got it for $30 on Amazon when I first got my Vita, played it for about an hour, then never again. It's extremely repetitive.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
What the heck, I was going to download Cubixx but now it's not free per the posts here?
Are you sure you're looking at the PSM version, Leona, and not the mini?

I thought they were free on Wednesday, for Wednesday, one game a week.

Pretty sure they were free all week.

kiyomi

Aren't most of those games on sale like.. most of the time? I swear every time I check BB:CS it's on some kind of offer. :lol it'd be cool if those were some genuine big-time sales, though.

Although I still don't understand PSN sometimes - yesterday I went to buy the original Persona because I knew it was £3.99 since about 10 days ago, went to find it, and it's back up to £7.99 despite being in the Price Drops section.

waht

Shoyz

Oh, woops :p

Thanks!

I take back nothing.

Guess it's still free?

R2jqhBZ.jpg

Although with anything free for a limited time I grab it ASAP.

Tomodachi

From what I've played Cubixx is not even that bad tbh. Even though I don't see myself spending more than 10 minutes in a lifetime on it.

May well pick up Streefighter x Tekken in the sale, other than that there is nothing I want from that list. Was hoping that Unit 13 or Escape Plan might have made the list as well. Will just have to wait for them to hit Plus I guess.

Not sure if it was posted yet but on a comment on the blog they said the Urban Trials release date is Feb 19th for US.

So, Is this sale going to be in the US too? I hope so. I'd like to pick up Rayman Origins and Street Fighter x Tekken.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
never heard of it! i'll have to check it out. thanks!
It's a tactical turn-based shooter with a HUGE following. Considering the interface, I can't believe this isn't on iPad too...

Man now I hope the ps3/360 port of terraria comes to vita. That would suit portable so fucking much

Man, I would love this game.

There were a number of people asking on the Terraria forums and 505 responded with a no/maybe:

Hello,

We've announced that we're working on PSN and XBLA currently, but we'll keep you posted if we can expand the Terraria world even further.

http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/pumped-for-the-psn-release-vita-compatibility.92519/

I might be slow on this, but just seen on the EU Webstore, that they have a PS Vita 1st Birthday Sale in the Deals & Offers drop down.

Few games in the list none of which have been given the discount treatment yet. I assume this is happening soon then.

Any news on a US sale?

Redhood

These new announcements and killzone footage made my week :D

Also I am platinuming Uncharted:GA
Ended the game on crushing today

8436386322_6cc11cb26b_c.jpg

I am missing a few bounties :(

don't know from where i will get them:eek:
Don't want to grind!

VitaGAF kindly add me barry_matharoo and share your bounties

There were a number of people asking on the Terraria forums and 505 responded with a no/maybe:

http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/pumped-for-the-psn-release-vita-compatibility.92519/
I would love Terraria with cross-buy/play on PS3 and Vita, even more so than Minecraft on Vita. Maybe we should just pester them for it.

Also @ EU sale. I already own or don't want to own most of those games lol. Might pick up Blazblue if it's cheap, need to clear space on my 16GB card though. :/

I would love Terraria with cross-buy/play on PS3 and Vita, even more so than Minecraft on Vita. Maybe we should just pester them for it.

Also @ EU sale. I already own or don't want to own most of those games lol. Might pick up Blazblue if it's cheap, need to clear space on my 16GB card though. :/

Considering Terraria is already coming to the PS3, I can't imagine it being THAT hard to get it to the Vita, too.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
ooo rayman origins - is this THE sale I own you? maybe, maybe not....One can only expect a ridiculous sale when(if) Legends comes out...

also haven't shared or added anyone to psn in awhile so friend it up:

psn: wutdaheckman

Benedict

Asphal Injection
Lumines
Rayman Origins
Army Corps Of Hell
Touch My Katamari
Shinobido 2
F1 2011
A-Men
SF X Tekken

Link to source? Can't find it.

Takao

Banned
not really sure if this thread is for this question.... but:

why is the psp still getting lots of games developed for it? i guess because of its established community and the fact of it not being discontinued - which goes to ask why hasnt sony discontinued it now that vita is out the gates? im guessing its still profitable for them and we are in hte transitional period. and once we truely are full on into ps4/next gen land it will go bye bye and vita will reign full on...

Japan's the only region continually getting PSP games. In Japan there will be more than 20 million PSPs sold in that region by the time Vita hits 2 million in that region.

Because games are not the only thing that is matter here.

it's a combination of many things

-Dedicated Gaming handhelds(not only Vita) are dying in the west thanks to iOS/Androids.
-Hardware Price ($250 is too much).
-Software Prices ($30~$50 for handheld games).
-No well known games (COD and AC were spin off,not the main line).
-PSP biggest series in Japan got locked for another platform while Sony is watching.
-No real Sony first party support(only Sony B-teams).
-Sony refused to port Angry Bird and Borderland (and possibly other games) to Vita.
-Takao.
-Cross Play program failed(with other promises).
-Sony Marketing sucks major hairy balls and they don't even know what to do.
-PSM is a complete and utter failure,and didn't give Vita any apps and social stuff.

Holy Invasion of Privacy Badman! What did I do to deserve this?!

zulux21

Japan's the only region continually getting PSP games. In Japan there will be more than 20 million PSPs sold in that region by the time Vita hits 2 million in that region.
!

you can't forget in general it's cheaper to make psp games than vita games, plus game development takes a while... a lot of the games releasing were likely in development before the vita came out and they didn't want to switch and learn a new platform.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
PSY・S;47184403 said:
Does the Art of the Fire Wheels cost anything to use?

Er-Ninpo points? The fire bar under the life bar? Otherwise... no?

Because games are not the only thing that is matter here.

it's a combination of many things

-Dedicated Gaming handhelds(not only Vita) are dying in the west thanks to iOS/Androids. Agree
-Hardware Price ($250 is too much).Agree
-Software Prices ($30~$50 for handheld games).Agree, limit should be $40, with some games being $30, and most games should be $20 and under. Smart As being $30 is a joke, should have launched at 10 bucks or less.
-No well known games (COD and AC were spin off,not the main line).And they both received sub par scores, with COD receiving mediocre scores
-PSP biggest series in Japan got locked for another platform while Sony is watching. Agree
-No real Sony first party support(only Sony B-teams).Guerilla Cambridge and Bend are far from being a B team developer.
-Sony refused to port Angry Bird and Borderland (and possibly other games) to Vita.And they shouldn't. They got bitched with COD and got stuck with that crap and handing it over to a horrible developer and the rest is history. Sony should work into getting those and other franchises on the platform, but they shouldn't develop the games themselves.
-Takao.
-Cross Play program failed(with other promises). Agree
-Sony Marketing sucks major hairy balls and they don't even know what to do. Agree
-PSM is a complete and utter failure,and didn't give Vita any apps and social stuff.Agree

VanWinkle

Why haven't you all bought escapeVektor? I'm trying to figure it out but coming up empty. I mean, darn, it's only $9.99! ($7.99 with Plus!)

Top Bottom