• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Famassu

Ghost Recon...another mystery dungeon..another rehashed nsmb..no kidding! Spirit Camera is one of the worst games I've ever played, and some aren't even exclusive (like Monster Hunter). Awful list.

Hey, Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars is a good game, don't you go mocking it. Awful story, great turn-based strategy gameplay. Fills that Advance Wars shaped hole in your heart pretty well in a situation where Nintendo seems to have no interest in filling it.

Ken

Bought DJ Max and kind of wish I bought EDF because DJ Max is hard. :(

At least I got that Failed Failed Failed trophy without trying to get it.

Putting Soul Hackers in the 3DS list and not Persona 4 Golden (best portable game of 2012) is kind of a double standard.

Both of them are enhanced ports/remakes of an existing game.

my bad, i will take it off.

The point of the list is showing off the exclusive non ports (games we haven't already beat) remix or not the persona game for the vita isn't a new game, it's the same persona game you played, same exact story and same exact content with just a few quirks and changes. It's still "Persona 4" though. Same goes for soul hackers which I will take off the list.

kiyomi

Bought DJ Max and kind of wish I bought EDF because DJ Max is hard. :(

AND ITS AWESOME

highfive.gif/jpg/png

What are you struggling with on it? I've only had it a few days myself but the learning curve is pretty manageable I think. :)

Hey, Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars is a good game, don't you go mocking it. Awful story, great turn-based strategy gameplay. Fills that Advance Wars shaped hole in your heart pretty well in a situation where Nintendo seems to have no interest in filling it.

But Fire Emblem

Ghost Recon...another mystery dungeon..another rehashed nsmb..no kidding! Spirit Camera is one of the worst games I've ever played, and some aren't even exclusive (like Monster Hunter). Awful list.

monster hunter 4 is an upcoming 3ds exclusive

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/01/no_monster_hunter_4_is_not_coming_to_the_playstation_vita

if you want to call nsmb2 a rehash then same goes for little big planet vita and both should be taken off the list

also mystery dungeon is a great game and so is spirit camera.

Can't you switch to the full site to set the ignores, then switch back? Or is the ignore list ignored
tee hee
when using the mobile site? I'm sure my ignore list is active on the mobile version.

My iPhone just refuses to ignore anyone :(

I just have to let things get to me less lol.

Also I really don't see why there aren't more turn based strategy games on ANY portable platform, they are perfect for quick bursts of play

Ken

AND ITS AWESOME

highfive.gif/jpg/png

What are you struggling with on it? I've only had it a few days myself but the learning curve is pretty manageable I think. :)

I would tap notes thinking I hit them but then I get a miss. I think my fingers are not suited for it. I play Project Diva fine though but that's all buttons except the "DJ" segments.

Noi

Not gonna knock on Shadow Wars since it's actually good, but "highly sought after exclusive?" Heh.

hahaha - valid point!

speaking of dead space someone mentioned up above i'd actually really enjoy one for vita.

edit: lemme rephrase that - i'd love a non-on-rails dead space. ( granted extraction wasnt terrible)

Extraction was fantastic! (I played the Wii version).

An uprezzed port of the iOS/Android Dead Space would be decent. I'd love something along the lines of Extraction but light gun shooters don't mesh well with handhelds lol.

Shoyz

if you want to call nsmb2 a rehash then same goes for little big planet vita and both should be taken off the list

Fair enough. MH4 is also available on WiiU in HD with online multiplayer, it's the equivalent of listing Playstation All-Stars for Vita. You can't say Spirit Camera is a great game with a straight face.

Just saw this on twitter. Might be interesting.

@shahidkamal: I am gagging to tell you more about some of the simply awesome games coming for PS Vita, but our partners and my boss would kill me.

@shahidkamal: You will just have to take my word for it. The month in which PS Vita celebrates its first birthday will be crowned with tonnes of awesome.

Edit: too late.

Also, enjoying Dokuro. Wish it wasn't so grey though. But fun and charming.

Who is that guy teasing info? Anyone of importance?

Fair enough. MH4 is also available on WiiU in HD with online multiplayer, it's the equivalent of listing Playstation All-Stars for Vita. You can't say Spirit Camera is a great game with a straight face.

That's MH3U

Also I like how everyone yells at him for putting Spirit Camera on the 3DS, but not at Touch My Katamari on the Vita

VanWinkle

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/01/no_monster_hunter_4_is_not_coming_to_the_playstation_vita

NSMB2 reused many assets and music, hence "rehash". LBP Vita is completely original. As for Spirit Camera, a simple look at Metacritic or Gamerankings will tell you it's quite horrible, and the mystery dungeon games are historically bad. Don't expect much better here.

Well I sure do hope you make it through. Just imagine what the news
climax
will be like!

Like seriously, the rate at which things keep building hype, my boner is just going to grow through my roof and into the stratosphere. It'll be like how Tetsuo turns into that giant mutant psychic baby at the end of Akira, only just a penis. Then I'll die, all because of the massive hype train that is building now.

.... seriously though if Sony shows off some megatons like MH4 for Vita, I'll lose it. I've been hiding in the main Vita thread for so long, like it's a fallout shelter and the rest of the Vita threads are filled with cannibals and super mutants.

kiyomi

I would tap notes thinking I hit them but then I get a miss. I think my fingers are not suited for it. I play Project Diva fine though but that's all buttons except the "DJ" segments.

You mean you're finding that you're hitting them out of time? You kinda have to hit them slightly earlier than you'd otherwise imagine, I think. But we're talking milliseconds here, haha.

Or do you mean it's more to do with the actual touchscreen responsiveness?

Number45

My iPhone just refuses to ignore anyone :(
Now that's weird, it works just fine for me.

MKJPwLI.png

(sorry Toto)

Tomodachi

so anyone who has a negative opinion about the vita in the vita thread must be a "troll"?

i was just pointing out that the exclusives aren't as great as the 3ds exclusives, i mean heck the greatest game for the system is a port of persona.

Ok.

So, you make two images and come posting them in a Vita thread to point out that 3DS has more games than Vita? You don't say.

What's the point of discussion exactly? Because you know, stating the obvious just to cause an uproar is called trolling in my dictionary.

Noi

Ah, got them mixed up.

In that case it's still really sketchy to include 3DS Japanese releases. The 3DS is region-locked meaning you can't import them without a second system, and none of the Vita's Japanese releases were listed.

The 3DS chart lists everything under the sun, even if it's not really "highly sought after", while the Vita one only limits itself to retail-only stuff.

It's a pretty shitty list.

QP3

.... seriously though if Sony shows off some megatons like MH4 for Vita, I'll lose it. I've been hiding in the main Vita thread for so long, like it's a fallout shelter and the rest of the Vita threads are filled with cannibals and super mutants.

Per usual, I am trying to not get my hype up too much.

However, this past week has surpassed was great for the vita, so now that the ball is rolling why stop?

Also, who was the guy who tweeted? My understanding is that he works for Sony but is he a man of importance?

Derrick01

Banned
Whoa whoa whoa

The fuck did you just say about Animal Crossing

I'm with Amirox on that one. It's the trashest of garbage gaming and can barely even be called a game with a straight face. There is no substance to it at all.

If it was an online game where you actually live in a community and could get new features and gameplay pumped into it constantly then maybe they'd have something. But in its current form it's nothing but a massive joke.

I'm with Amirox on that one. It's the trashest of garbage gaming and can barely even be called a game with a straight face. There is no substance to it at all.

If it was an online game where you actually live in a community and could get new features and gameplay pumped into it constantly then maybe they'd have something. But in its current form it's nothing but a massive joke.

Regardless of what you think of it, it's a highly sought after game in America, and more so in Japan

zulux21

the persona game for the vita isn't a new game, it's the same persona game you played, same exact story and same exact content with just a few quirks and changes. It's still "Persona 4" though.

while the persona 4 game isn't a new game by any means, it's hardly the same. The changes to how shuffle time is handled, how fusion is handled, and the addition of skill cards has radically changed how i handle and choose my persona and how I go about my combats to the point where that stuff feels like a completely different game to me, and makes all of the handling of my demons feel fresh and exciting.

which reminds me I should continue working on my first look review of persona 4 lol.

edit: for the record guys discussing 3ds games in here and their quality would no doubt be considered off topic :/

Kerub

Banned

That's your very subjective view on the game though. Animal Crossing is pretty popular, especially in Japan.

Putting down money on a game that's coming out in 7 months?
And not Soul Sacrifice? :(

Um...

That's not how I roll ^_^

I have exactly 20 retail Vita games and a bunch or PSN Vita games....I have 28 3DS games, too.

The games I have preordered, fully paid off currently:

Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS)
Sly Cooper 4 (Vita)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 + (Vita)
Castlevania (3DS)
Luigis Mansion Dark Moon (3DS)
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3DS) (first attempt at this series, curious about it)
Soul Sacrifice (Vita)

Games I will pay off by the time the arrive:

Tearaway, Killzone Mercenary, Dead or Alive 5+, Pokemon X (fist time with the series, been wanting good graphics), Lego Marvel (vita)

Will for sure preorder Warrior Lair, when info about its development status emerges.

joe2187

Banned
NGS+ is fucking great, I'm loving every minute I'm getting my ass cut to shreds

I'm definitely looking forward to NGS2+ on the vita

Ken

You mean you're finding that you're hitting them out of time? You kinda have to hit them slightly earlier than you'd otherwise imagine, I think. But we're talking milliseconds here, haha.

Or do you mean it's more to do with the actual touchscreen responsiveness?

I like to think it's the latter but I have a feeling I'm just bad lol.

Famassu

my bad, i will take it off.

The point of the list is showing off the exclusive non ports (games we haven't already beat) remix or not the persona game for the vita isn't a new game, it's the same persona game you played, same exact story and same exact content with just a few quirks and changes. It's still "Persona 4" though. Same goes for soul hackers which I will take off the list.
The problem isn't even in having the Shin Megami Tensei games on your lists, it's about IGNORING games of certain quality on Vita's side while including even shittier games on 3DS's side. Vita list is missing these more or less enjoyable games (and potentially good upcoming releases) that I'm sure you would have listed on 3DS's side had they been for 3DS:

DJ Max Technika Tune
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
Ragnarok Odyssey
Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
New Little King's Story
Ys: Memories of Celceta
Unit 13
Sound Shapes
Super Stardust Delta
Motorstorm RC
Warrior's Lair
Killzone Mercenary
God Eater 2
Everybody's Golf 6
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F (hey, I dislike Hatsune Miku as much as any other average western person who knows about it, but Project Diva f IS a quality music game nevertheless with sound mechanics and challenging songs)
Dokuro
Escape Plan
Guacamelee
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz

Also, take the Pokemon tripe out of the 3DS list (seriously, the Mystery Dungeon games are not "highly sought after", neither are they that good, and Pokemon Rumble Blast, really?) as well as Spirit Camera, that game is shit and no one can claim with a straight face that it's any good.

Besides, the 3DS list isn't that much more impressive considering it was release almost a year before Vita. Vita's list is even more impressive if we take great ports into consideration (it has had many of those from Virtua Tennis 4's incredible Vita version to Metal Gear Solid HD Collection and Need For Speed: Most Wanted).

Noi

Ugh, I wish the Vita referal stats would refresh already. I don't want to send out more referals to people without making sure the method I told them to use work. One of them shows up as Accepted while the rest are Pending, but it still says I have 0 Successful Referrals. :/

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual

To be honest I used to enjoy Animal Crossing and those sorts of collecting games with no purpose, but stuff like Hay Day and Pixel People scratch that irritating OCD itch I have for collecting stuff and having a town etc. Horribly blasphemous, I know, given theyre freemium ipad games but AC just looks even more dull these days. Helps I don't have to pay a cent to get it out of my system.

Famassu

I'm with Amirox on that one. It's the trashest of garbage gaming and can barely even be called a game with a straight face. There is no substance to it at all..
Just because it doesn't fit your extremely narrow definition of gaming or even narrower taste in games doesn't mean it's shit.

Top Bottom