• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Sid

Soul Sacrifice.(that has to count as a major release, right?)
But there's also DOA5+ NGS2+ which seem to be quite popular.
That's like one day before, my point was that there has been no big game on the Vita in months and this will lead to SS which is coming on April 30th.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
That's like one day before, my point was that there has been no big on the Vita in months and this will lead to SS which is coming on April 30th.

This wasteland-like situation is what happened in Japan last year,it's really not good for everyone involved and I don't think they can cover it with Vita PSNDD only games because there is nothing too(unless if they surprise it with super big huge thing like Minecraft Vita or some shit of that size).

I think good ports are much better choice than useless exclusives.

Agree.

but we are talking about the complete lack of new software for Vita in the west this year, Vita still need new games.

Sid

This wasteland-like situation is what happened in Japan last year,it's really not good for everyone involved and I don't think they can cover it with Vita PSNDD only games because there is nothing too(unless if they surprise it with super big huge thing like Minecraft Vita or some shit of that size).
Minecraft will be big on the Vita? I doubt it.

Mr E.

I personally am not interested in minecraft.
My son however can't get enough and his mates.
I don't see the pull TBH.

yella

ports really don't count.
A game is a game is a game, isn't it? I'm sure there are plenty of people who haven't played the games on their original systems, right? I see no reason to discount any game simply because they were originally on another system.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
What? Minceraft is big but it'll not be big on the Vita IMO.
I'm on my phone, and Pocket Edition has sold anywhere from 1 to 5 million copies on Android. Sold 4 million on Xbox last I checked. 500,000 on Christmas day.

If it appears on Vita (PSN and as a card in store), it'll outsell Call of Duty Declassified.

Ran rp

Oh god, I just stepped into the PlayStation Meeting thread and

dAQEqjb.jpg

u8pSwlU.png

uGgbEfl.jpg

7lMw6yQ.gif

WHAT IS GOING ON

Sid

Well they mentioned the XBOX exclusivity when asked about a Vita version of Minecraft I hope if it comes it sells well and brings in more support.

Mr E.

Fuck, that's what's wrong with the industry, the consumers. Throw a big name on a turd and it sells. Mind you a few or most of those are probably bundle sales. Not a great advert for your new system when you boot that shit up though.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Well they mentioned the XBOX exclusivity when asked about a Vita version of Minecraft I hope if it comes it sells well and brings in more support.

360 version funded by Microsoft, so port of that is out of question, but Pocket Edition is not exclusive to anyone,a Vita native port is possible...if Sony pay.

Sony refused to pay Rovio and port Angry Birds,and what happened? Birds sold very well on the 3DS in the west, popular/well known franchises sell well even in system not doing well in that region.

Sony should change their stand and attitude on paying devs and porting.

360 version funded by Microsoft, so port of that is out of question, but Pocket Edition is not exclusive to anyone,a Vita native port is possible...if Sony pay.

Sony refused to pay Rovio and port Angry Birds,and what happened? Birds sold very well on the 3DS in the west, popular/well known franchises sell well even in system not doing well in that region.

Sony should change their stand and attitude on paying devs and porting.

But ports don't count

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Any game i havent played is new to me - and im not worried about the gap btwn now and may. Will let me catch up on backlog and play ps3

Massa

Yes,with Vita current situation it desperately need new games (and steady stream of them too) even if the system get something big as Minecraft,and small ports for tiny niche stuff like DOA,Muramasa or NG2 wont cut it.

This threads is not about "Vita's situation", it's about games and services. We should keep on topic.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I got banned last week for 'port begging' ( http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=47079345&postcount=19 ) but I'm seeing port talk go on around here frequently...I'm a bit confused. Did I just piss someone off?

Because really, this Minecraft Vita talk is good stuff. I think that would totally help the handheld out.
Port begging bans seem to be a coin flip. You'll see a lot of PC port begging go rampant in threads for Japanese games without repercussions.

Best to stay clear whenever you can.

Kerub

Banned
I got banned last week for 'port begging' ( http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=47079345&postcount=19 ) but I'm seeing port talk go on around here frequently...I'm a bit confused. Did I just piss someone off?

Because really, this Minecraft Vita talk is good stuff. I think that would totally help the handheld out.

They are discussing a possible Vita port in the Vita thread = contributing to discussion. Port begging can be annoying and derail threads.

Adam Blue

We aren't asking for a port we are discussing how a port would sell etc :)

Asking for a port on a community site isn't going to get one (for instance, the ArmA devs weren't in that thread taking requests). I figured the discussion around the possibility is implied.

But I don't want to go too off topic.

gkryhewy

Asking for a port on a community site isn't going to get one (for instance, the ArmA devs weren't in that thread taking requests). I figured the discussion around the possibility is implied.

But I don't want to go too off topic.

I think the bigger issue is that the post you linked is completely vacuous - it's just a naked port beg with no redeeming content.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I think if you can tolerate a lot of bugs and generally low budget feel, Liberation is an Assassin's Creed game. If you're really into that, maybe you can find something to enjoy.

Adam Blue

I think the bigger issue is that the post you linked is completely vacuous - it's just a naked port beg with no redeeming content.

It could be seen that way.

Just like the post in the same thread saying those devs should go back to prison.

Sorry to continue the derail. Is there a section on this forum I can talk up discussion on this?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

this is just discussion about ports for a system in thread that is not specific for that game.

it's not allowed if it goes this way: X game for Y system announced -->Thread posted--->enter thread ---> post "how about a port for Z system". (which count as derailing the thread)

I think if you can tolerate a lot of bugs and generally low budget feel, Liberation is an Assassin's Creed game. If you're really into that, maybe you can find something to enjoy.

should be a tag on the cover art for all of the AssCreed games (excluding AC2)

does AC Liberation got really bad halfway through the game or something? I've played it for a few hours and really enjoy my time with it, got sidetracked by Persona though so I haven't gone back to Liberation again.

That's like one day before, my point was that there has been no big game on the Vita in months and this will lead to SS which is coming on April 30th.

Dead or Alive 5+ is a big game, to me - I bypassed it's recent 360/PS3 release - after seeing a Vita incarnation will arrive in March.

I never really got into NG (didn't have OG XBox) - until it arrived on launch for Vita. I loved the NG2 demo I played on my 360, but never picked up the game. It's arrival on Vita in 23/22 days, is quite huge for me as I've become a fan.

------ See, big games are relative. To some people, some ports of current gen games are not relative to their interests. I consider the 2 games big, as they're from respectable series' and I am REALLY looking forward to BOTH of them, even more so than Soul Sacrifice.

Twinduct

SS & DOA5+ is pretty much my most anticipated releases this year. Sure there is a shit ton of good games coming on all platforms, but the two I mentioned is the only Day 1s for me.

does AC Liberation got really bad halfway through the game or something? I've played it for a few hours and really enjoy my time with it, got sidetracked by Persona though so I haven't gone back to Liberation again.

Nope, if your read the in game bios or journal pages - those fill in story gaps - the ending was fantastic.

I LOVE that game. It's AC, not AC lite.

Top Bottom