• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Sid

Dead or Alive 5+ is a big game, to me - I bypassed it's recent 360/PS3 release - after seeing a Vita incarnation will arrive in March.

I never really got into NG (didn't have OG XBox) - until it arrived on launch for Vita. I loved the NG2 demo I played on my 360, but never picked up the game. It's arrival on Vita in 23/22 days, is quite huge for me as I've become a fan.

------ See, big games are relative. To some people, some ports of current gen games are not relative to their interests. I consider the 2 games big, as they're from respectable series' and I am REALLY looking forward to BOTH of them, even more so than Soul Sacrifice.
Wonderful! by big games I meant games which sell 'BIG',I'm looking forward to NGS2+ as well but I know how much Vitas that will sell that's all.

Take my vita card away, i've been enjoying Resistance: Burning skies, i think i may be on the last level
You've tried the MP yet? that's pretty fun too.

Spiegel

Sid, you're going in circles here. Yes, there's not a big seller announced for Vita that can change its future.

Until something gets announced (or not announced) you can enjoy the ride and accept the Vita for what it is right now or you can get some other system.

Why hasn't a GT been announced yet? I don't know, and I hate Sony for that but what can you do.

Sid

Sid, you're going in circles here. Yes, there's not a big seller announced for Vita that can change its future.

Until something gets announced (or not announced) you can enjoy the ride and accept the Vita for what it is right now or you can get some other system.

Why hasn't a GT been announced yet? I don't know, and I hate Sony for that but what can you do.
If I wanted to buy something else I would have done this ages ago anyways back to the games.......what Vita game are you playing right now?

Spiegel

If I wanted to buy something else I would have done this ages ago anyways back to the games.......what Vita game are you playing right now?

I only bought the system a week ago, so I'm busy with Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Everybody's Golf and MGS2.

But I understand that the Vita had one huge drought this past summer and it seems like it's going to happen again this year.

Odrion

Banned
I wouldn't. 30fps in that game completely ruins the character control and in a precision game like that it's the one thing you need most.

Yeup, I was a little shocked at how much of a difference the 30 fps looked.

Do they sell NG: Black on the xbl marketplace?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
It's completely fine for me. What really makes it borderline unplayable is that awful camera.
Same. I think the only thing I'd like to change is the touch control (and letting me bind R to a button combination or something).

Oh, and the menu UI isn't all that great either. Needlessly ugly.

I wouldn't. 30fps in that game completely ruins the character control and in a precision game like that it's the one thing you need most.

I disagree. I play it fine.

But I play on hero, just to enjoy the game and it's mechanics.

What sort of ruins the game is the default visual lighting.

Go to the options and adjust to: 1.1, 0 and 1.1 (or like me 1.2) and enjoy the much-less-washed out visuals.

Shoyz

Got to cheer someone on for the first time in 4 days of using Wake Up Club. Even if you could literally cheer -everyone- every morning, 9 people, that would be 222 days of cheering people on. You can barely finish it in a year by cheering on an average of 6 people every single day.

At my pace it would take nearly 22 years. Why's it matching me up with people that are awake when my alarm goes off :(

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Got to cheer someone on for the first time in 4 days of using Wake Up Club. Even if you could literally cheer -everyone- every morning, 9 people, that would be 222 days of cheering people on. You can barely finish it in a year by cheering on an average of 6 people every single day.

At my pace it would take nearly 22 years. Why's it matching me up with people that are awake when my alarm goes off :(
You can cheer a person on repeatedly until they wake up.

Shoyz

You can cheer a person on repeatedly until they wake up.

Ah, that helps. Although sadly my estimate would still apply as the first three times I was somehow in 1st place yet everybody was awake, and on the fourth day (today) I had barely enough time to tap the icon! Think I'll just cheat my way to the 2k trophy.

Well they mentioned the XBOX exclusivity when asked about a Vita version of Minecraft I hope if it comes it sells well and brings in more support.

Honestly I was really surprised they mentioned their exclusivity contract with Microsoft.

360 version funded by Microsoft, so port of that is out of question, but Pocket Edition is not exclusive to anyone,a Vita native port is possible...if Sony pay.

The 360 port of Minecraft is a timed exclusive, Microsoft doesn't deal in total exclusives anymore and most devs turn around and use the bags of cash they got to fund ports to other platforms - it's a win win, because they don't have to spend money on porting their game to other platforms and by putting it on more they just get more money. Jeb even said that they have to wait for the exclusivity contract to run out. If he said that without fear of repercussions, I'm pretty sure that means there's a decent chance.

I doubt anything else Mojang does will ever top Minecraft so they're gonna ride the Minecraft wave as long as they can, IMO. I think it's perfect for a handheld (look at how well PE is doing) and the Vita has the best control scheme IMO, so hopefully we see it soon.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Its a decent shooter just not a Resistance game.

Insomniac's Resistance games were freaking awful, if anything Boring Skies was faithful to the Insomniac horrible formula.

Insomniac is just a mere shadow of their former self, see Spyro and Racthet PS2 games then look at Resistance and Rehashes and Cycling:Future,the studio just lost it completely this gen.

Honestly I was really surprised they mentioned their exclusivity contract with Microsoft.

The 360 port of Minecraft is a timed exclusive, Microsoft doesn't deal in total exclusives anymore and most devs turn around and use the bags of cash they got to fund ports to other platforms - it's a win win, because they don't have to spend money on porting their game to other platforms and by putting it on more they just get more money. Jeb even said that they have to wait for the exclusivity contract to run out. If he said that without fear of repercussions, I'm pretty sure that means there's a decent chance.

I doubt anything else Mojang does will ever top Minecraft so they're gonna ride the Minecraft wave as long as they can, IMO. I think it's perfect for a handheld (look at how well PE is doing) and the Vita has the best control scheme IMO, so hopefully we see it soon.

Thanks for the correction and info.

I really don't think Mojang will stay as one hit wonder,Notch seems like full of great ideas.

cyborg009

Banned
Insomniac's Resistance games were freaking awful, if anything Boring Skies was faithful to the Insomniac horrible formula.

I really don't think Mojang will stay as one hit wonder,Notch seems like full of great ideas.

Doing you like bend game?

I personally believe Mojang will never have a game as successful as Minecraft.

I dunno~ Minecraft is pretty huge, it's almost a cultural icon now at this point. The concept and implementation of it is just great, it's more or less a platform of creativity. I just can't see what could possibly top it, unless that new game with the weird name (it was like 10xC.0007 or something) is basically Minecraft in space, with a more cohesive tech tree and a more rewarding sandbox environment.

oldmario

You've tried the MP yet? that's pretty fun too.

I tried like 2 matches before i started the campaign but i read somewhere that there's a glitch if you play the mp and it kicks you back to the main menu your save progress goes so i've been too afraid to risk it

Iacobellis

I tried like 2 matches before i started the campaign but i read somewhere that there's a glitch if you play the mp and it kicks you back to the main menu your save progress goes so i've been too afraid to risk it

Never heard of this bug, wow. You could easily finish the campaign in a day then put the rest of your time towards MP.

Shoyz

Not sure if I missed it, but are there any Let's Fish! Hooked On impressions?

Yes, I consider it awful in every possible aspect, and the highest opinion I've seen is that it's playable. Things of note are that it lags constantly (despite terrible graphics), has pop-in with the fish, and a joke of QTE gameplay where you hold O and rotate the analog to always win. Always. But most frustratingly is the -awful- dub.

Definitely not worth $20, I'd say wait for a good sale to consider it. Even then it's not fun.

Apath

Finally got the platinum for Uncharted: Golden Abyss :D That final boss fight was so ridiculous on Crushing. They better not do boss fights the same way for the sequal.

And is Sly 4 an open world platformer? One where you can access new areas you previously couldnt with unlocled abilities? I tried the demo but it was linear and dull.

Famassu

Insomniac is just a mere shadow of their former self, see Spyro and Racthet PS2 games then look at Resistance and Rehashes and Cycling:Future,the studio just lost it completely this gen.
Spyros are worse as platformers than Resistances (1 & 3 specifically) are as FPS games.

Also, A Crack in Future is easily the best or at least in the top 2 of Ratchet & Clank games. So, once again, you are completely wrong. But hey, what else can anyone expect from you and your criticism.

Not sure if I missed it, but are there any Let's Fish! Hooked On impressions?

Blue Maxima did one.

From what I see, the framerate is actually solid, that was my main worry with the game so I'm definitely going to be picking it up soon.

Also, wasn't Strike Suit Zero supposed to be coming to Vita? I know it's hitting the consoles but I could've sworn there was something about it coming to Vita.. It looks amazing and would look gorgeous on dat OLED.

Massa

Spyros are worse as platformers than Resistances (1 & 3 specifically) are as FPS games.

Also, A Crack in Future is easily the best or at least in the top 2 of Ratchet & Clank games. So, once again, you are completely wrong. But hey, what else can anyone expect from you and your criticism.

Yep. Resistance 3 and Crack in Time are the two best games Insomniac ever made... but of course this has nothing to do with the Vita. Thanks Toto for another incredibly awful thread derail.

jsfnTEC.jpg

Anyway, Who here actually uses teh party app?

I've used it once :/

Noi

Has anyone else's Vita referall status updated since the 24th? I'm waiting for that to change before I go around sending more of those to people. :/

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yikes - thanks for the heads up guys. I was really excited about Let's Fish! initially (because I wanted a good River King-esque game on my Vita), but it looks like I'll be holding out for a while.

New old-school, side-scrolling shoot'em up just released in Japan looks very fun

Kisou Ryouhei Gunhound EX [PSP]<- Vita compatible.
psp_gunhoundexjp.jpg

kisou-ryouhei-gunhound-ex-limited-edition-.jpg

kisou-ryouhei-gunhound-ex-002.jpg

2500 yen on PSN japan.

Top Bottom