• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedHill

Banned
I love how President Clinton could slide cigar's into an intern's vagina and it's okay cause it's his sex life and that shouldn't matter, but Trump uses his celebrity status to fuck women and holy fuck the world is gonna end!
Right, because Bill was NEVER vilified for his actions. Sure.

Mully

I love how President Clinton could slide cigar's into an intern's vagina and it's okay cause it's his sex life and that shouldn't matter, but Trump uses his celebrity status to fuck women and holy fuck the world is gonna end!

One was consensual and Trump's statements would be rape/sexual assault.

WTF is this shit? How about you slide out of here. This is Hillary, not Bill.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Anyone with a brain and any human decency whatsoever would have never supported Trump in the first place, and this is purely confirming what we already knew about his character, which is secondary to his terrible policies and hateful dogma Palmer.

Dude, this entire election is going to be one for the record books. Students for the next generations are going to be looking at this like "how did this happen?!"

No doubt, I'm just really excited about this one in particular as it's gonna be like just 3 days or so after all this hit. It's hot off the presses, baby!

eo9930rU7tZAc.gif

Talka

I think someone else said it earlier. You can say horrible things about black and brown people and no one blinks an eye.

Start talking obscenely about white women, its go time.

Oh, please. "No one blinks an eye?" There has been non-stop, wall-to-wall outrage over Trump's previous comments for months now, with condemnation coming from absolutely anyone who matters.

The only differences here are that:

• It's now closer to the election, so there's greater coverage and voter attention
  • Trump had previously left juuust enough wiggle room in his offensive commentary for some to pretend he hadn't meant what he said ("he didn't say all Mexicans are rapists!")
  • The latest comments don't just play up Trump's ignorant say-anything loudmouth persona, they imply a history of actual sexual assault
  • Lewdness and profanity make for big headlines
Can you honestly read the following quote and act surprised it's a huge story?

"I did try and fuck her... she was married... I just kiss... I don’t even wait... they let you do it... grab them by the pussy... you can do anything."

Christ. Of course it's big news. Outside of dropping a bunch of n-words, I couldn't fabricate a more damning hot mic quote if I tried.

TheContact

Were it from a more honest person, yeah.

This isn't forgiveness. She doesn't care. She married him for money and they've lived together for how long? Does anyone seriously think that he's never said shit like this around the house?

I'd like to imagine that if she hadn't signed a pre nup she would be out of there

diaspora

Obviously the solution is to note vote for Bill in November.

The point is he was president at the time and liberals told everyone to shut up what he does behind closed doors is his business.

What's funny is I hate trump, but the hypocrisy is so thick.

One was consensual while the other is bragging about sexual assault, so... no, there is no hypocrisy.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Wow. The full video is even a little worse. It doesnt just end with the talk on the bus. After going on about that lady's legs, first thing they do when they got off the bus is tell her to hug them. Then they press her for a date while they squabble about who should get to walk with her.

Theyre like awkward highschool jackasses.

Everything after the bus was initiated by Billy Bush, which was disgusting, but not super meaningful to the discussion about the presidential nominee.

I hope you're calling them out and explaining that what he's talking about is sexual assault.
I thought about it, but last time I tried with another person they just ignored my points so honestly I don't even think it's worth it. I'll let them live in their bubble but it gives me perspective on who they are despite being generally nice people otherwise, which is unfortunate.

The campaign brought her into it though!!

She's never seemed particularly enthusiastic about being part of the campaign.

If only the republicans would do the same for Hillary.

Hillary, all her life, has had political ambitions and been politically active. Even when she was First Lady and the Lewinsky controversy was going on, she chose to be seen actively defending her husband. She didn't just release a statement.

The GOP has been complete scum the way they've treated Hillary for decades, but A) she was "in the game" by choice, and B) that doesn't excuse the same behavior towards Melania.

MBison

Obviously the solution is to note vote for Bill in November.

One was consensual while the other is bragging about sexual assault, so... no, there is no hypocrisy.

Well Bill Clinton has rape accusers so unless they're lying I guess they're similar.

Again I hate trump and aren't voting for him but for the Hivemind to go nuts over this like its some major deal is kinda insane given what was "ok" for the same people.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
The point is he was president at the time and liberals told everyone to shut up what he does behind closed doors is his business.

You seem to not understand the difference between what Clinton did and what Trump implies he did.

Protein

Banned
You know we're nowhere near equality status for women when people judge a woman's integrity based on her fucking husband's sex scandals.

benjipwns

Banned
Ya'll... Imagine what is going through Gary Johnson's empty head right about now?
Probably still hasn't heard about any of this yet.
President-elect Johnson issued this statement last night:
I'm shocked by these revelations about Donald Trump, but is anyone really surprised? It is just sad and embarrassing that a man who is now the nominee of a major party for President could display such a disgusting attitude toward women. America deserves better. Women deserve better, and our daughters deserve better.

Tonight, millions of Republicans are facing a moment of truth. As a former Republican Governor, I don't envy them.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

And here we go.

Oh, please. "No one blinks an eye?" There has been non-stop, wall-to-wall outrage over Trump's previous comments for months now, with condemnation coming from absolutely anyone who matters.

What he should have said was "Republican politicians don't blink an eye."

Garlador

I think you need to look up what the word "consent" means.

This post has really made me think... After the election, will the exclamation points and one word responses to end a thought still be a thing? I think it's here to stay, and I'm conflicted on how I feel about that.

Bellamin

1. He bragged about being to able to use his celebrity to sexually assault women.

2. Bill Clinton is not running for office.

3. The biggest follow-up to this tape is the reaction of Trump's fellow Republicans.

4. All four of these points are likely to get you to say something stupid.

subrock

Please proceed governor

diaspora

Well Bill Clinton has rape accusers so unless they're lying I guess they're similar.

Nice goalpost shift, but even with that- having someone accuse you of something versus a guy getting raked over the coals for straight up bragging about sexual assault are two different things.

Jackpot

Banned
Was hate-browsing the Trump reddit and it's just page after page about Bill Clinton and how they're going to game Google searches of "rapist" to show his name.

karasu

Except for that whole impeachment thing.

Krejlooc

Banned

Bill Clinton sliding a cigar into an intern's vagina was a huge deal, and lead to an impeachment, and it continues to be a big deal because even Trump says so (which is why he vowed to bring it up Sunday night). Which is why people are treating this as a big deal for trump.

Only difference - Bill Clinton isn't running for president. Donald Trump is.

If Bill Clinton had a tape saying it was OK to sexually assault women he would have actually been removed from office and Hillary wouldn't even be running.

Its not about whether he tried to have sex while married because we've known he was a cheater for decades after the ivanka shit.

1. Bill Clinton isn't running for president.

2. Bill Clinton was impeached (in the House of Reps) for his actions.

3. Hillary Clinton never cheated on her husband, never groped anyone, never called anyone a fat pig or a whore, never condemned immigrants as murderers and rapists, never ripped off contractors, never gloated about using her wealth or fame to get laid and never embarrassed an entire political party or country, never invited a foreign nation to illegally spy on her opponents and never threatened to dissolve NATO alliances for overdue money. She also never shoved a cigar up anyone's vagina.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Freaking California. They gave us Nixon AND Reagan. They need to make amends and produce a progressive on the level of Obama sometime soon.

I find it amazing that we don't get many progressive politicians out of California that make it big on the national stage. Is there someone significant I'm missing?

Squire

Banned
He might hold a presser tonight. LOL that won't do anything.

I find it amazing that we don't get many progressive politicians out of California that make it big on the national stage. Is there someone significant I'm missing?

If Brown had advanced in his career ten years quicker we might be talking about him.

I could see Garcetti having ambitions given he was supposedly on the short list for Clinton's VP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom